A Guide to Dragonflight Currencies
The following hub contains an overview of all currencies added in the Dragonflight expansion.
It is easy to lose track of all the new currencies in World of Warcraft whenever a new expansion launches. Therefore, we prepared a guide which contains information about the existing and new currencies in the Dragonflight expansion.
New Currencies in Dragonflight
Dragonflight introduces and adds the following new currencies to the game:
- Bloody Tokens — Obtained from the bloody battles of the Dragon Isles.
- Crests — Crests used for gear ugrading no longer occupy Inventory space and are instead listed as currency as of Patch 10.2.
- Dilated Time Pod — Weekly Time Rifts currency.
- Dragon Glyph Embers — Proof of being bathed in the Dragonfire of Dragon Glyphs. Can be turned in to Dragonriding trainers for enhanced training.
- Dragon Isles Supplies — Various resources and building materials that can assist the friendly factions of the Dragon Isles in their fight against the Primalists. Used to purchase items unlocked from Renown.
- Dreamsurge Cocoon — Weekly Dreamsurges currency.
- Effigy Adornments — Crafted by the Shikaar, these adornments can enhance Major Hunt effigies.
- Elemental Overflow — The essence of fallen foes imbued with the power of a primal storm. Used to procure items from Mythressa in Valdrakken.
- Emerald Dewdrops — Dew infused with the nurturing properties of the emerald dream which can make any plant bloom. Used to revitalize the plants in the Emerald Dream.
- Flightstones — Used for gear upgrades.
- Paracausal Flakes — Obtained from Time Rifts, the currency is used to buy various items in Patch 10.1.5.
- Storm Sigil — A symbol of recognition for the brave adventurers who quelled the primal storms. Used to procure items from Rethelshi in Valdrakken.
- Trader's Tender — Exchanged for goods with the Trading Post.
Bloody Tokens come from PvP World Quests in Dragonflight. They are used to purchase and upgrade Item Level 392 Scalewarden's PvP Gear sold by Malicia in Valdrakken.
Dilated Time Pods
The weekly Time Rifts currency is used to buy catch-up gear.
Dragon Isles Supplies
The currency is used to purchase items unlocked from Renown. You will receive them from World Quests.
The weekly Dreamsurges currency used to buy gear from Hamuul Runetotem.
You will learn more about the Dreamsurges in our dedicated guide.
The currency is used by the Shikaar to upgrade Major Hunt effigies.
Elemental Overflow is a currency farmed from Primal Storms in Dragonflight. It drops from creatures in active primal storm location. You can exchange it in Valdrakken for Raging Tempest Item Level 359 gear. Please note that this late in the expansion, you should not be wasting time farming it because you will get far better gear from the latest catch-ups.
A Emerald Dream currency earned from killing mobs, used to increase the growth of planted seeds for better rewards.
Introduced in Mythic+, Flightstones are used to upgrade gear in Dragonflight. Blizzard has updated how gear upgrading works, and you will find more details in our separate guide.
Paracausal Flakes are earned from Time Rifts. You can use them for buying catch-up gear, mounts, cosmetics, and battle pets at the Tyrhold Reservoir in Thaldraszus.
Storm Sigil is used to upgrade Raging Tempest gear to Item Level 385. You can get it from Primal Storms across the Dragon Isles.
PvP Currencies in Dragonflight
- Honor: Used to purchase Unrated PvP gear in Valdrakkenā6
- Conquest: Earned from Rated PvP activities. Spend to acquire Rated PvP gear in Valdrakken.
Mythic Dungeon Currencies in Dragonflight
- Valor was a currency used for gear upgrading, but it was removed in favor of the new gear upgrading system in Patch 10.1 that uses Flightstones and sigils.
Trader's Tender is used to purchase items in the Trading Post.
- 28 Oct. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- 11 Aug. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5.
- 08 Dec. 2022: Fixed Bloody Tokens gear item level.
- 25 Nov. 2022: Interlinking updated.
- 20 Nov. 2022: Guide added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)