How To Improve As Frost Death Knight — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find out how you can improve at playing Frost Death Knight in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5. We list the common mistakes that you should try to avoid and the small details that can greatly improve your performance.
Not Capping Runes or Runic Power
Because you can have 3 Runes recharging at the same time, any time you are holding 4 or more Runes, you are effectively capped on Runes and wasting potential Rune regeneration. There is never a point in your play where it would be valuable to not cast anything, or where you need more than 3 Runes saved up; always keep 3 Runes on cooldown.
Similarly, every point of Runic Power you generate when already at maximum Runic Power is a fraction of a lost Frost Strike. If you are using the Breath of Sindragosa build then you may find yourself over-capping Runic Power occasionally, try to avoid this. There are no situations where it would be better to spend a Rune than it would be to avoid capping Runic Power.
Making Sure Not to Accidentally Cancel Breath of Sindragosa
There is a macro that will prevent this from occurring, which is provided in the Macros and Addons section.
Pooling Runes for Gathering Storm
Gathering Storm requires you to spend Runes in order to increase the strength of your Remorseless Winter. In order to maximize your Gathering Storm we recommend you pool at least 3 Runes before Remorseless Winter comes off cooldown.
High Icy Talons Uptime
If you are running the talent Icy Talons, then you want to make sure that when you are low on resources that you manage your resources correctly. When you are resource starved but still have enough Runic Power to use a Frost Strike, we recommend increasing the amount of time in between each Frost Strike cast so you can maintain your Icy Talons 3-stack buff. This is only recommended to do when you are low on both Runic Power and Runes.
Pooling Resources for Breath of Sindragosa
If you are running the talent Breath of Sindragosa, then you have noticed it draining your Runic Power fairly quickly. In order to maximize the duration of your Breath of Sindragosa, you want to start pooling both Runes and Runic Power about 10 seconds before your Breath of Sindragosa comes off cooldown. We recommend you pool about 3 or more Runes, and about 70+ Runic Power.
Not Using Anti-Magic Shell on Non-Magical Damage
The defensive cooldown Anti-Magic Shell only absorbs magical damage, therefore making it useless when it comes to physical damage. A common mistake is people casting it to protect against physical damage and not gaining the benefit of a defensive absorb or the Runic Power generation. Make sure you know if an ability from a boss is a physical or magical ability.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 23 Oct. 2018: Added a note about accidentally cancelling Breath of Sindragosa.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Infinite HoA Trait Removed from 8.3, New Legendary Cloak Addition
- 8.3 Class Changes Update: Mistweaver, Holy Pala, Disc Priest
- Mythic+ Season 4 Item Level Changes (Official)
- 8.3 Pet Battle Changes Update
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- New Retail WoW Box for Starting Players
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk