Frost Death Knight Frequently Asked Questions — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Frost Death Knight in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
Should I Have a Lot of Downtime When Playing Breath of Sindragosa?
Yes. Currently Frost Death Knights using Breath of Sindragosa are experiencing about 30% downtime where they are doing nothing but auto attacks. If you are experiencing more than 30% downtime, then we recommend looking at our rotation guide, however this downtime can be affected by Runic Empowerment and Rime procs.
Does the Downtime of Breath of Sindragosa Decrease with Higher Haste?
No. Haste does increase your Rune regeneration rate, however it also increases your global cooldown at a 1:1 ratio meaning that increasing your Haste does not reduce your downtime when using the Breath of Sindragosa build.
Why Was Frost So Powerful in the Pre-patch Compared to Now
Like some other classes, Frost has very powerful legendary items. The Rogue specs, Retribution Paladins, Windwalker Monks, and Frost Death Knights have some of the strongest legendary items when it comes to raiding. With these legendary items leaving in Battle for Azeroth, the gap between Unholy and Frost will close a bit.
Should You Hold Pillar of Frost for Breath of Sindragosa or the Other Way Around?
Some people may not have noticed that after the first Breath of Sindragosa, your Pillar of Frost does not sync up with it anymore. You want to always use Pillar of Frost on cooldown, and delay your second Breath of Sindragosa until Pillar of Frost becomes available.
How Much Haste should Frost Death Knights Have? / Is there a Haste Cap for Frost Death Knights?
Haste is currently one of Frost Death Knight's worst stats meaning low amounts of Haste is very common. Since Haste is one of your weakest stats there is no reason to aim for any soft or hard caps.
Which Race is Best for Frost Death Knights?
Currently for damage, Blood Elf is the strongest Horde race and Gnome is the strongest Alliance race. If you are looking for more utility from your race then it is recommended that you look at Goblin for their Rocket Jump and Dwarf for Stoneform which is a nice defensive.
How Good is Frost Death Knight in BfA Patch 8.1.5?
Currently, in Battle of Dazar'alor, Frost Death Knights are one of the weaker melee specializations. Fights in this raid have a lot of movement, therefore Frost Death Knights struggle to perform well. In Mythic+, Frost Death Knights are not performing as well as Unholy Death Knights are, but are still a viable melee choice.
- 14 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 19 Mar. 2019: Updated the page for Patch 8.1.5.
- 18 Dec. 2018: Added 3 new questions to the FAQ.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Page added for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Encrypted Shadowlands Alpha Build 184.108.40.206411
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 19th
- WoW Shadowlands Alpha Added to Battle.net Catalog
- Ny'alotha Mythic WF Race, Conclusion: Top 10, N'Zoth Nerf, Limit Tank Goes to Method, Asia Upset and More
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: February 19th
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 18th
- Burning Crusade Timewalking Event (February 18th - February 25th)
- UI API Change for UnitHealth
- Unholy Aoe Question
- Rustbolt Resistance
- Demonology Warlock 8.3
- Colossus Smash!?
- Protection Warrior 8.3
- Mage Leveling Guide