Retribution Paladin DPS Macros and Addons — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Retribution Paladin in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1.1. Generic Macros for Paladins
Most of the macros for Paladins revolve around allowing you to use your utility spells on your mouseover target.
1.1.1. Blessing Mouseover Macros
- #showtooltip Blessing of Protection
- /cast [@mouseover] Blessing of Protection
- #showtooltip Blessing of Freedom
- /cast [@mouseover] Blessing of Freedom
These macros allow you to cast your various hand spells on the target you are currently mousing over. Stopcasting is in place to ensure that you do not delay casting any of these spells due to a cast already in progress.
1.1.2. Lay on Hands Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Lay on Hands
- /cast [@mouseover] Lay on Hands
This macro will cast Lay on Hands on the target you are currently mousing over.
1.1.3. Cleanse Toxins Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Cleanse Toxins
- /cast [@mouseover] Cleanse Toxins
This macro will cast Cleanse Toxins on the target you are currently mousing over.
1.1.4. Divine Shield
- #showtooltip Divine Shield
- /cast Divine Shield
This macro will stop your current spell cast and cast Divine Shield, ensuring that your invulnerability is not delayed at all.
- #showtooltip Rebuke
- /cast [@focus,exists] Rebuke
This macro will stop your current spell cast and cast Rebuke on your focus target, if you have one. Otherwise, it will cast Rebuke on your current target.
1.2. Specific Macros for Retribution Paladins
1.2.1. Combined Consecration and Wake of Ashes Macro
- /cast [talent:4/2] Consecration
- /cast [talent:4/3] Wake of Ashes
1.2.2. Hammer of Wrath Focus Macro
- #showtooltip Hammer of Wrath
- /cast [@focus,exists] Hammer of Wrath
This macro will stop your current spell cast and cast Hammer of Wrath on your focus target, if you have one. Otherwise, it will cast Hammer of Wrath on your current target.
1.3. War Mode Macros
1.3.1. Hammer of Reckoning Focus Macro
- #showtooltip Hammer of Reckoning
- /cast [@focus,exists] Hammer of Reckoning
1.3.2. Blessing of Sanctuary Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Blessing of Sanctuary
- /cast [@mouseover] Blessing of Sanctuary
This macro allows you to cast your Blessing of Sanctuary on the target you are currently mousing over. Stopcasting is in place to ensure that you do not delay casting any of these spells due to a cast already in progress.
2.1. Generic Addons for Paladins
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
2.1.2. Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
2.1.4. Parrot or Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Parrot and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text are highly customisable addons for displaying floating battle text while in combat (incoming heals, damage of your spells, etc.). They both work very well by default.
2.1.5. Recount / Skada / Details!
Recount is a well known addon that most people use for displaying current DPS or HPS (Healing Per Second). This add-on is not really lightweight, and provides a very high amount of information (and it can sometimes cause issues with performance). It is generally a good option to use Recount for checking what you take damage from and if the share of damage/healing you do with each of your abilities is similar to that of other players of your class.
An alternative to Recount (similar in function, so the choice is personal preference) is Details!.
A lightweight alternative to Recount and Details! is Skada Damage Meter.
2.1.6. Weak Auras
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
TellMeWhen is an extremely useful addon with a user-friendly interface that allows you to track a multitude of things, from internal cooldowns, to buffs, debuffs, and procs.
2.1.8. Omen Threat Meter
Omen Threat Meter is the most popular addon for displaying the current threat levels on your target. We recommend you to use it to avoid taking aggro when the tank is still building up threat on an enemy.
2.1.9. Grid and GridClickSets (Optional)
ElvUI comes with decent raid frames. The only real reason for using Grid and GridClickSets is if you want to be able to mouseover party or raid members in order to cast your various utility spells (such as hand spells) on them. If you choose to go with Grid, then you might want to also use GridStatusRaidDebuff.
2.2. Specific Addons for Retribution Paladins
Hekili is a useful addon that can help you execute your rotation.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms and no changes are necessary.
- 11 Mar. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1.5 and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the opening of Battle of Dazar'alor and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Added War Mode talent macros.
- 19 Jul. 2018: Added Consecration + Wake of Ashes macro.
- Upcoming Item Level Increase for World Quest Rewards
- WoW Classic Internal Alpha Has Begun
- Bee Mounts Finally Coming in Patch 8.2?
- Patch 8.2: Zandalari Moonkin & Raptor Dance Animations
- Patch 8.2: Vision of Perfection Essence Explained
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 18th
- Vision of Perfection (the 8.2 Cooldown Essence) Changes Coming
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- Question about WoW hardware requirements
- Elemental Shaman 8.1
- Stat caps?
- Feral Druid 8.1
- Outlaw Rogue 8.1
- Fire Mage 8.1
- Looking for some help/coaching
- Demo DPS improvement