Retribution Paladin DPS Macros and Addons — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Retribution Paladin in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our TBC Paladin addons and macros.
Retribution Paladin Macros
Generic Macros for Paladins
These macros will let you cast your Blessing spells on party members using mouseover macros. They will cast the ability on a friendly target if you have your cursor hovered over one. Otherwise, the ability will be cast on your target or yourself as normal.
- #showtooltip Blessing of Protection
- /cast [@mouseover,noharm,exists]  Blessing of Protection
- #showtooltip Blessing of Freedom
- /cast [@mouseover,noharm,exists]  Blessing of Freedom
- #showtooltip Blessing of Sacrifice
- /cast [@mouseover,noharm,exists]  Blessing of Sacrifice
Intercession Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Intercession
- /cast [@mouseover,dead,exists]  Intercession
Lay on Hands Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Lay on Hands
- /cast [@mouseover,noharm,exists]  Lay on Hands
Cleanse Toxins Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Cleanse Toxins
- /cast [@mouseover,noharm,exists]  Cleanse Toxins
Rebuke Focus Macro
- #showtooltip Rebuke
- /cast [@focus,harm,nodead]  Rebuke
This macro will cast Rebuke on your focus target if you have an enemy focused, and otherwise will cast it on your current target.
Specific Macros for Retribution Paladin
Final Reckoning Macros
- #showtooltip Final Reckoning
- /cast [@cursor] Final Reckoning
This macro will cast Final Reckoning at your cursor position.
- #showtooltip Final Reckoning
- /cast [@player] Final Reckoning
This macro will cast Final Reckoning at your character position.
Retribution Paladin Addons
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Parrot or Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Parrot and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text are highly customisable addons for displaying floating battle text while in combat (incoming heals, damage of your spells, etc.). They both work very well by default.
Recount / Skada / Details!
Recount is a well known addon that most people use for displaying current DPS or HPS (Healing Per Second). This add-on is not really lightweight, and provides a very high amount of information (and it can sometimes cause issues with performance). It is generally a good option to use Recount for checking what you take damage from and if the share of damage/healing you do with each of your abilities is similar to that of other players of your class.
An alternative to Recount (similar in function, so the choice is personal preference) is Details!.
A lightweight alternative to Recount and Details! is Skada Damage Meter.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
TellMeWhen is an extremely useful addon with a user-friendly interface that allows you to track a multitude of things, from internal cooldowns, to buffs, debuffs, and procs.
Omen Threat Meter
Omen Threat Meter is the most popular addon for displaying the current threat levels on your target. We recommend you to use it to avoid taking aggro when the tank is still building up threat on an enemy.
Hekili is an addon that can help you perform your rotation. It displays the next button a simulation would use in your situation, depending on the target count, resources you have, and what abilities are on cooldown. It can be useful if you are just starting out, but as you learn, you should treat it as a guide rather than a strict rule to follow, as you will often need to adjust your rotation for the situation for unexpected events such as add spawns or downtime between boss phases.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- One THOUSAND+ Pull Dramatic Tindral Mythic Kill by Skyline
- Wowdle: World of Warcraft Wordle-Style Game
- Illidari Doomhawk Available for Purchase with Timewarped Badges
- Tabard of Fury Available to Amazon Prime Subscribers This Month
- Patch 10.2 Week 4 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 3
- Item Level of Timewalking Rewards in Dragonflight Season 3
- Second Catalyst Charge Available This Week on Live Servers
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 27th