Retribution Paladin DPS Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Retribution Paladin in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Retribution Paladin in Mythic+
Retribution Paladin is a decent melee DPS specializations for Mythic+ in Battle for Azeroth. A Retribution Paladin brings good single-target damage & very good AoE damage, as well as a good amount of utility through talents and the baseline kit. The main issue is the lacking mobility.
Retribution Paladin Mythic+ Rotation
Both the single target and multi-target rotations do not change in Mythic+ content. For more information about the Retribution Paladin DPS rotation, refer back to the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
Pool Holy Power towards the end of every trash pull, so that you can start spending Holy Power faster. Holy Power does not decay in combat and, once you leave combat, it takes about 20 seconds before it starts to decay.
Retribution Paladin Utility
Retribution Paladin provides support for the group through damage, healing, and other additional effects listed below.
- With a 5-second duration, Wake of Ashes is a very potent AoE stun, but it only works against Demon and Undead enemies.
- Hammer of Justice is a single target stun with a very long 6-second duration. Use it often to stun casting mobs that you cannot interrupt with Rebuke. The talent Fist of Justice allows you to use it more frequently.
- Repentance can be used to incapacitate a single Humanoid, Demon, Undead, Dragonkin, or Giant type enemy within 30 yards until you attack it. Cast it if you want to move around or delay dealing with a particularly dangerous mob. Incapacitating the leader of a patrolling group will also stop the entire group from moving. Keep in mind that you pull aggro and enter combat if you move too close to the incapacitated target.
- Blinding Light can be used to disorient enemies within 10 yards. This can be used either to take enemies out of combat for a short duration, or to AoE interrupt crowd-controllable, casting enemies.
- Cleanse Toxins can be used to remove all Poison and Disease effects from a group member.
- Blessing of Protection removes bleeds and other Physical damage effects. Additionally, it grants your target immunity to Physical damage and harmful effects for 10 seconds. It is often used on group members who pulled aggro from the tank via damage or healing.
- Blessing of Freedom removes and prevents movement-impairing effects for 8 seconds.
- Word of Glory heals a friendly target and the 2 most injured group members within 30 yards of you for a great amount.
- Lay on Hands heals a friendly target for an amount equal to your maximum Health.
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+ and are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|15||✓ Zeal||✗ Righteous Verdict||✗ Execution Sentence|
|30||✓ Fires of Justice||✓ Blade of Wrath||✓ Hammer of Wrath|
|45||✓ Fist of Justice||? Repentance||✓ Blinding Light|
|60||✗ Divine Judgment||✓ Consecration||✓ Wake of Ashes|
|75||✓ Unbreakable Spirit||✓ Cavalier||? Eye for an Eye|
|90||✗ Selfless Healer||✗ Justicar's Vengeance||✓ Word of Glory|
|100||✓ Divine Purpose||✓ Crusade||✓ Inquisition|
- Use Flash of Light and Word of Glory generously during Grievous weeks. Use Blessing of Protection and Lay on Hands to remove the debuff from a group member with many stacks.
- Use Judgment and Blade of Justice to target Explosive Orbs on range.
- Communicate with the tank to use Hand of Reckoning or Blessing of Protection to help him reset his Necrotic stacks if necessary.
- Use Eye for an Eye as an additional defensive cooldown during Skittish weeks.
Beguiling adds 3 new types of enemies that spawn at fixed locations throughout the dungeon.
- Void-touched Emissary — Burst this Emissary down, but make sure to hide and break line of sight before the 9-second cast Queen's Decree: Hide completes. Each hit of this cast will ramp up the damage by 50% of your maximum Health. With one stack and above 70% Health, you could use Shield of Vengeance to continue dealing damage if there is no close hiding spot. Once you have two stacks, you should start going to hide or use Divine Shield to continue dealing damage.
- Enchanted Emissary — Everything in an 8-yard radius around it will reflect 200% damage of the damage taken. Attacking the Emissary will push it away for a short distance. The goal is to separate it from the other enemies. It will despawn after 30 seconds, so you do not need to kill it. Make sure to take care with Divine Storm, Wake of Ashes, and Consecration, so as to not hit enemies with the damage reflect aura.
- Emissary of the Tides — Makes enemies around it immune to Crowd Control effects. The Emissary itself can be Crowd Controlled, so make use of Repentance and Hammer of Justice to keep it away from other enemies.
Essences for Mythic+
You can find a general Essence guide with all of their descriptions and power explanations on our Essence Guide. Additional information on how to use the Essences as a Retribution Paladin can be found on our Essences page.
- Essence of the Focusing Iris (Any Rank)
- Memory of Lucid Dreams (Rank 2-3)
- Purification Protocol (Any Rank)
Azerite Traits for Mythic+
Right after the first Light's Decree trait, you want to have a single Empyrean Power trait for M+. The first Empyrean Power trait gives you the most additional free cleave damage, while also providing viable single-target damage.
Outer Rings Azerite Traits for Mythic+
Middle Ring Azerite Traits for Mythic+
Inner Ring Azerite Traits for Mythic+
- Personal Absorb-o-Tron
- Impassive Visage
- Bulwark of the Masses
- Resounding Protection
- 17 Jul. 2019: Added Essence recommendations and Beguiling notes.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Updated for Patch 8.2.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Inquisition has been added as a viable Talent.
- 11 Mar. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1.5 and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for the opening of Battle of Dazar'alor and M+ Season 2.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Necrotic now is a physical bleed, so you can use Blessing of Protection to remove it.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for 8.1.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Major update to the page.
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting
- Pet Battle Changes in 8.3: Visions of N'zoth (Official Preview)
- N'Zoth Raid Testing Streams
- World Bosses and PvP Honor System Available
- Outlaw Rogue Anniversary Event Ragnaros Bug
- Corrupted Weapons from Ny'alotha, the Waking City in Patch 8.3
- Wrathion Sells Various Items in Patch 8.3
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk