Retribution Paladin Frequently Asked Questions — Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Retribution Paladin in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
What Piece is Better, X or Y?
The answer to this question in any context will always be to simulate it. This is because what is an upgrade for you may not be an upgrade for someone else. In other words, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all answer, even when talking about 2 completely identical comparisons from you to another person. Everything in your gear has an effect on everything else.
This applies to gear, trinkets, Azerite Traits, and even talents in certain situations.
The only exception to this rule is when a specific fight dictates a certain set of optimal talents and gear pieces that enhance their strength. If you are curious about what kind of setup to go for a specific fight, WarcraftLogs.com's rankings and statistics are a good place to see what others are doing.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
Which race gives me the most DPS as Retribution Paladin?
Go Tauren as Horde and Human or Dwarf as Alliance.
Is there a Haste cap for Retribution Paladin?
There is no strict "amount" or breakpoint of Haste, Mastery, Critical Strike or Versatility that you are required to reach. In the majority of cases, the specific secondary you have is less important than the volume. This is however, another case of a situation in which a simulation done to check your ideal gear pieces and stat values will provide you invaluable information.
To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Retribution Paladin, please visit our dedicated Stats page below.
How good is Retribution Paladin in the Shadowlands Pre-Patch?
You can find more information about Retribution Paladin viability on the Intro page below.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- How to Quickly Reach Exalted with Gelkis and Magram Centaur Clans Under 1 Hour
- More Scourge Zombies Showing Up, But It's Still Not the Pre-patch Event
- Pure Class: Level 50 Without Choosing a Spec Gets Pretty Hard
- Patch 9.0.1 Hotfixes: October 22nd
- The Madness Begins Anew: Exile's Reach Speedruns
- Addon Spotlight: Better Wardrobe and Transmog
- Most Popular Classes and Specs for Mythic+ in the Shadowlands Pre-Patch
- Ghostcrawler Talks WoW After 6 Years: Leveling, His Ret Pala, AoE and More