Retribution Paladin Frequently Asked Questions — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Retribution Paladin in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
Should I Use the Auto-Attack or Zero Downtime Build?
Although the Crusading Strikes Auto-Attack build is the much more popular of the two, the difference between them is very small, around 1% at most. If you enjoy one playstyle considerably more than the other, then you will not be putting yourself at a severe disadvantage by choosing to play with it. Keep in mind that in order to optimally play with Crusading Strikes, you will want to track your auto-attacks in order to be able to predict your Holy Power generation.
Are There Any Relevant Stat Breakpoints?
Although there are very minor Haste percentages at which you can theoretically gain an extra GCD inside one of your cooldown windows, none of them are worth aiming for specifically. Rush of Light's inconsistent uptime means that you could gain that GCD frequently without that Haste, which means that any breakpoint that could exist instead becomes a much wider range. The best method for determining which gear to use will always be using simulations since they are able to do the work for you over thousands of iterations in order to determine the best average outcome. If you are unfamiliar with simulating your character, you can refer to our Raidbots guide below:
Which Race is Best for Retribution?
The difference between races is very small, and you should generally feel free to play whatever race you enjoy the most. That said, if you are purely only interested in throughput increases, currently, Tauren is the best race for Horde, and Dwarf is the best race for Alliance, with Human close behind.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 17 Jan. 2023: Added Justicars Vengeance or Templars Verdict Question.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)