Retribution Paladin Frequently Asked Questions — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Retribution Paladin in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
1. What Piece is Better, X or Y?
The answer to this question in any context will always be to simulate it. This is because what is an upgrade for you may not be an upgrade for someone else. In other words, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all answer, even when talking about 2 completely identical comparisons from you to another person. Everything in your gear has an effect on everything else.
This applies to gear, set bonuses, trinkets, Azerite traits, and in certain circumstances, talents.
The only exception to this rule is when a specific fight dictates a certain set of optimal talents and gear pieces that enhance their strength. If you are curious about what kind of setup to go for a specific fight, WarcraftLogs.com's rankings and statistics are a good place to see what others are doing.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
2. Which race is best for Retribution Paladin?
3. Is there a Haste cap for Retribution Paladin?
There is no strict "amount" or breakpoint of Haste, Mastery, Critical Strike or Versatility that you are required to reach. Nor are there any points at which these stats stop being desirable. In the majority of cases, the specific secondary you have is less important than the volume. This is however, another case of a situation in which a simulation done to check your ideal gear pieces and stat values will provide you invaluable information.
4. How good is Retribution Paladin in BfA Patch 8.1.5?
The AoE damage got buffed, which brought us into a decent spot for dungeons. With the new Azerite traits Light's Decree and Empyrean Power and the Divine Storm buff we became fairly competetive on all cleave fights. You can find more information about Retribution Paladin viability on the Intro page.
- 11 Mar. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1.5 and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the opening of Battle of Dazar'alor and no changes are necessary.
- 17 Dec. 2018: Added racials and Haste cap questions.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for 8.1.
- 12 Nov. 2018: Updated all simulation results.
- 19 Sep. 2018: Updated all simulation results for the recent tuning pass.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated all simulation results for Uldir Mythic opening.
- 05 Sep. 2018: Updated all simulation results for Uldir.
- 27 Aug. 2018: Updated all simulation results.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Hide All Slots Except Pants Option Coming in Patch 8.2
- Loot Trading in Classic WoW
- Draught of Ten Lands Exploit Ban Wave: March 22nd
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Live Developer Q&A Roundup: March 21st
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #38
- Tiger's Peak Arena Temporarily Disabled
- Crucible of Storms Item Tuning
- Prismatic Socket
- Brawler's Guild - Sanoriak
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.1
- Arms Warrior PvP 8.1
- Contact player-different server
- looking for a late night raiding guild
- So long and thanks for all the fish.....