Retribution Paladin Frequently Asked Questions — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Retribution Paladin in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Shadowlands 9.0.5. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
What is Better, X or Y?
The answer to this question in any context will always be to simulate it. This is because what is an upgrade for you may not be an upgrade for someone else. In other words, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all answer, even when talking about 2 completely identical comparisons from you to another person. Everything in your gear has an effect on everything else.
This applies to gear, trinkets, Coverants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and even talents in certain situations.
The only exception to this rule is when a specific fight dictates a certain set of optimal talents and gear pieces that enhance their strength. If you are curious about what kind of setup to go for a specific fight, WarcraftLogs.com's rankings and statistics are a good place to see what others are doing.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
Which race gives me the most DPS as Retribution Paladin?
Dark Iron Dwarf and Blood Elf are slightly ahead for their respective factions. All other race options are close together.
Is there a Haste cap for Retribution Paladin?
There is no strict "amount" or breakpoint of Haste, Mastery, Critical Strike or Versatility that you are required to reach. In the majority of cases, the specific secondary stat you have is less important than the volume. This is, however, another case of a situation in which a simulation done to check your ideal gear pieces and stat values will provide you invaluable information.
To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Retribution Paladin, please visit our dedicated Stats page below.
How good is Retribution Paladin in Shadowlands?
You can find more information about Retribution Paladin viability on the Intro page below.
- 03 Dec. 2020: Updated for Castle Nathria.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes