Retribution Paladin Frequently Asked Questions — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Retribution Paladin in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Shadowlands 9.1. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
What is Better, X or Y?
The answer to this question in any context will always be to simulate it. This is because what is an upgrade for you may not be an upgrade for someone else. In other words, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all answer, even when talking about 2 completely identical comparisons from you to another person. Everything in your gear has an effect on everything else.
This applies to gear, trinkets, Coverants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and even talents in certain situations.
The only exception to this rule is when a specific fight dictates a certain set of optimal talents and gear pieces that enhance their strength. If you are curious about what kind of setup to go for a specific fight, WarcraftLogs.com's rankings and statistics are a good place to see what others are doing.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
Which race gives me the most DPS as Retribution Paladin?
Dark Iron Dwarf is far ahead in general and especially for the Alliance, while Blood Elf and Tauren share the top spot for the Horde.
Is there a Haste cap for Retribution Paladin?
There is no strict "amount" or breakpoint of Haste, Mastery, Critical Strike or Versatility that you are required to reach. In the majority of cases, the specific secondary stat you have is less important than the volume. This is, however, another case of a situation in which a simulation done to check your ideal gear pieces and stat values will provide you invaluable information.
To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Retribution Paladin, please visit our dedicated Stats page below.
How good is Retribution Paladin in Sanctum of Domination?
You can find more information about Retribution Paladin viability on the Intro page below.
Which Domination Sockets do I use for Retribution Paladin?
To get a more information about Domination Sockets for Retribution Paladin, please visit our Gear page below.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 03 Dec. 2020: Updated for Castle Nathria.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power