Retribution Paladin Frequently Asked Questions — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Retribution Paladin in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Dragonflight 10.1. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
What is Better, X or Y?
The answer to this question in any context will always be to simulate it. This is because what is an upgrade for you may not be an upgrade for someone else. In other words, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all answer, even when talking about 2 completely identical comparisons from you to another person. Everything in your gear has an effect on everything else.
This applies to gear, trinkets and talents in certain situations.
The only exception to this rule is when a specific fight dictates a certain set of optimal talents and gear pieces that enhance their strength. If you are curious about what kind of setup to go for a specific fight, WarcraftLogs.com's rankings and statistics are a good place to see what others are doing.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
Which race gives me the most DPS as Retribution Paladin?
Tauren grants the most throughput overall. Dwarf is right behind Tauren.
Is there a Haste cap for Retribution Paladin?
There is no strict "amount" or breakpoint of Haste, Mastery, Critical Strike or Versatility that you are required to reach. In the majority of cases, the specific secondary stat you have is less important than the volume. This is, however, another case of a situation in which a simulation done to check your ideal gear pieces and stat values will provide you invaluable information.
To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Retribution Paladin, please visit our dedicated Stats page below.
How good is Retribution Paladin in Dragonflight?
You can find more information about Retribution Paladin viability on the Intro page below.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 17 Jan. 2023: Added Justicars Vengeance or Templars Verdict Question.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Paladin Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 5th: Class Tuning
- Dragonflight Season 2 DPS Log Rankings for Aberrus, Week 4: the Mythic Switch
- Price Update on WoW Services & Subscription Options in Ukraine and Turkey
- Leveling Improvements Coming in Patch 10.1.5
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dragonriding Cups Coming to Old Expansion Zones
- Brackenhide Hollow +24 Cleared Without a Healer
- Gamebreaking +840% Movement Speed Increase with Azerite