Retribution Paladin DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Retribution Paladin, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Retribution Paladin gems and enchants.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Retribution Paladin
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and flasks to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Retribution Paladin, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
You should use Quick Jewel Cluster in all sockets.
Best Enchants for Retribution Paladins
|Rings||Enchant Ring - Tenet of Haste|
|Weapon (Single-Target / Raiding)|
|Weapon (Mythic+ / Cleave)|
|Weapon Imbuement for Bladed Weapons||Shaded Sharpening Stone (can be used together with Enchants)|
|Weapon Imbuement for Blunt Weapons||Shaded Weightstone (can be used together with Enchants)|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats|
|Chest Imbuement||Heavy Desolate Armor Kit (can be used together with Enchants)|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Eternal Strength|
|Cloak||Enchant Cloak - Fortified Avoidance|
|Boots||Enchant Boots - Speed of Soul|
How to Choose Gems and Enchants for Retribution Paladins
The generic recommendation above is very close to the best gems and enchants you can use, but every character has a different stat distribution, and for Retribution Paladins, the best gems and enchants are close in performance. This is why we recommend to use Raidbots' Top Gear to find the best gems (do not forget about simulating Leviathan's Eye of Strength and Kraken's Eye of Strength) and enchants for your character. Here, you can input an export from the Simcraft AddOn, select the gems and enchants to compare, and it will find out which are the best. See our Raidbots guide for more information.
Consumables for Retribution Paladins
Best Flasks and Potions for Retribution
Best Food for Retribution
You should eat the 20 Strength feast Feast of Gluttonous Hedonism, or the 18 Strength feast Surprisingly Palatable Feast whenever possible. Otherwise, eat the 30 Haste food, Tenebrous Crown Roast Aspic.
Augment Runes for Retribution
If you can afford it, you should use Veiled Augment Runes (or the permanent Eternal Augment Rune) to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for 9.2 Raid opening.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 04 Mar. 2021: Updated cloak enchant to Fortified Avoidance.
- 16 Jan. 2021: Moved Strength gems to gems sim paragraph.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Alliance Sepulcher Mythic Hall of Fame Closing this Week
- Sepulcher of the First Ones 9.2.5 Mythic DPS, Tank and Healer Log Rankings, Week 5: Affliction Is Back
- How to Receive Different Weapons from Zereth Mortis World and Daily Quests
- Very Solid Ocean Near Stormwind Defeats Player
- Impressive Stormwind Recreation in Minecraft (Video)
- Idol of Y'Shaarj Shadow Priest Talent Explained
- Upcoming Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Tuning: July 5th
- A Preview of Priest Talent Trees in Dragonflight