Retribution Paladin DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
Best Gems for Retribution Paladins
You should use Deadly Lava Lazuli in all sockets.
Best Enchants for Retribution Paladins
|Weapon||Enchant Weapon - Deadly Navigation|
How to Choose Gems and Enchants for Retribution Paladins
The generic recommendation above is very close to the best gems and enchants you can use, but every character has a different stat distribution, and for Retribution Paladins, the best gems and enchants are close in performance. This is why we recommend to use Raidbots Top Gear to find the best gems and enchants for your character. Here, you can input an export from the Simcraft AddOn, select the gems and enchants to compare, and it will find out which are the best.
Consumables for Retribution Paladins
Best Flasks and Potions for Retribution
Greater Flask of the Undertow should be used for raids, along with situationally one of the following potions: Potion of Focused Resolve for single target, Superior Battle Potion of Strength for cleave up to 3 targets, and Potion of Empowered Proximity for cleave against 4 or more targets.
Best Food for Retribution
You should eat the Critical Strike food Mech-Dowel's "Big Mech".
Augment Runes for Retribution
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Starting in patch 8.3 you can also use the re-usable Lightning-Forged Augment Rune to increase your primary stat by an equal amount.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Removed strength food and gem recommendation because they are no longer worth using starting with 8.3 LFR gear. Added new augment rune.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Updated for Patch 8.2.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms and no changes are necessary.
- 11 Mar. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1.5 and no changes are necessary.
- 17 Feb. 2019: Added Raidbots gems and enchants disclaimer.
- 21 Jan. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the opening of Battle of Dazar'alor and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Dec. 2018: Added 85 Strength food, Boralus Blood Sausage.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 05 Sep. 2018: Updated potion for Uldir.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Added Battle Potion of Strength recommendation for cleave.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 23 Jul. 2018: Updated Haste food.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Removed Strength gem.
- 17 Jul. 2018: Updated for the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch.
- End of Fall of the Lich King Remastered Cinematic
- How Addons Affect Raid Design - A Morgan Day Interview
- Heroic Darkshore Warfront Available for Horde Players (US)
- Class Balance Changes: February 25th
- Horrific Visions Changes Coming on February 25
- Heroic Darkshore Warfront Available for Alliance Players (EU)
- Don't Forget to Opt In for Shadowlands Beta
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 20th
- VuhDo: a Comprehensive Guide
- Fire Mage PvP 8.3
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Fury Warrior 8.3
- Assassination Rogue 8.3
- Frost Death Knight PvP 8.3
- Titan Research Archive
- Unholy Aoe Question