Torments of the Tower Guide for Torghast
At higher floor difficulties, you will find yourself subjected to additional scrutiny from the Jailer in the form of stacking debuffs that will make your progress in Torghast more difficult.
Torments of the Tower
Seasonal Affixes for Torghast are called Torments of the Tower. These stacking debuffs are based on the floor types you have encountered.
Torments will activate at Layer 3+ and will grow in power as you reach higher floors.
Currently, the following Torments are present in the game:
- Torment: Breath of Coldheart — The empowering breath of the Coldheart Interstitia increases enemy maximum health by 3%. This effect stacks.
- Torment: Eye of Skoldus: — Skoldus' Eye is upon the target, calling forth Mawsworn Seekers every 40 seconds while the target is not in combat. These minions have 5% increased health. This effect stacks and is active on the Skoldus Halls.
- Torment: Fracturing Forces — The Fracture Chambers seek out new prey, calling forth a Mawsworn Shadestalker every 30 seconds while the target is not in combat. These minions have 5% increased health. This effect stacks.
- Torment: Might of the Upper Reaches — The might of The Upper Reaches increases enemy Physical damage done by 3%. This effect stacks.
- Torment: Mort'regar's Echoes — Remnants of Mort'regar increase enemy Magic damage done by 3%. This effect stacks.
- Torment: Soulforge Heat — Oppressive heat from The Soulforges inflicts 1% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage every 5 seconds. This effect stacks.
Mitigating Torments of the Tower
Torments of the Tower will be inactive while you are in break rooms. There is no other way to completely deactivate them.
Partial negation of the effects can be achieved through certain Anima Powers and clever use of game mechanics.
- 07 Feb. 2021: Added links to the Cell Block guides.
- 21 Dec. 2020: Updated tooltips to account for Torment nerfs.
- 09 Dec. 2020: Clarified that Torments can be partially negated through Anima Powers.
- 04 Dec. 2020: Clarified that Torments are inactive in break rooms.
- 03 Dec. 2020: Section added about mitigating the effects of Torments.
- 26 Nov. 2020: Added when Torments start to apply.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 04 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35755.
- 09 Jun. 2020: Updated based on the latest Alpha Build.
- 30 May 2020: Guide added.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 5: Boss Damage Only Rankings Added
- Player Loots One of the Rarest Item in WoW
- A Different Kind of AFK Story
- WoW Patch Timeline from Vanilla to Shadowlands Patch 9.1
- Potentially Infinite Breath of Sindragosa Bug
- Elwynn Forest Without the Trees
- Covenants Per Spec in Castle Nathria and Mythic+ for Top Players
- Animated Ulna World Quest Up on US Servers!