Mage Class Changes in Patch 9.1
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
General Mage Changes
- Fixed an issue that prevented Shifting Power (Night Fae Ability) from reducing the cooldown of Alter Time and Spellsteal while Kleptomania was talented.
Mage Class Guides Updated for Patch 9.1
Below, you will find out Mage class guides, which have all been updated for Patch 9.1.
Fire Mage Changes
- Flamestrike damage reduced by 10%.
- Flame Patch (Level 45 Talent) damage reduced by 10%.
- Kindling (Level 50 Talent) cooldown reduction for Combustion reduced to 1 second (was 1.5 seconds).
- Infernal Cascade (Conduits) Fire damage bonus reduced by 20%.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Phoenix Flames from dealing damage if the spell hit while the Mage was not in line of sight of the target.
- Read more: Arcane Mage Patch 9.1 Analysis
- Read more: Fire Mage Patch 9.1 Analysis
- Read more: Frost Mage Patch 9.1 Analysis
Mage Legendary Power Changes
Fire Mage Legendary Powers
- Fixed an issue that caused Triune Ward (Runecarving Power) to reduce the effectiveness of Blazing Barrier when it was applied by Blazing Soul.
Frost Mage Legendary Powers
- Fixed an issue that prevented Triune Ward (Runecarving Power) from applying all 3 Barriers after using Cold Snap to reset Ice Barrier’s cooldown.
New Mage Legendary Powers
- Death's Fathom (Shoulder/Wrist/Feet) — Your Fireball, Frostbolt, and Arcane Blast have a chance to grant Deathborne for 8 seconds. While in the form of a skeletal mage, the spell damage granted is increased by 1% for each enemy hit by Fireball, Frostbolt and Arcane Blast.
- Harmonic Echo (Head/Waist) — Damage dealt to enemies affected by Radiant Spark's vulnerability echo to 4 nearby enemies for 25% of the damage dealt.
- Heart of the Fae (Chest/Hands) — Shifting Power can now be channeled while moving. Each enemy hit by Shifting Power grants you 1% Critical Strike and Haste, up to 10% for 10 seconds.
- Sinful Delight (Legs/Feet) — Consuming Clearcast (Arcane) a Fire Blast charge (Fire), or Brain Freeze reduces Mirrors of Torment's cooldown by 3 seconds. If Mirrors of Torment is dispelled, the cooldown is reduced by 45 seconds.
Mage PvP Changes
- Kleptomania (PvP Talent) is now only available to Arcane Mages.
- Dampened Magic (PvP Talent) has been removed.
Arcane Mage PvP Changes
- New PvP Talent: Arcanosphere added. Builds a sphere of Arcane energy, gaining power over 4 seconds. Upon release, the sphere passes through any barriers, knocking enemies back and dealing Arcane damage.
- Arcane Blast now deals 20% more damage in PvP Combat.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Mirrors of Torment (Venthyr Ability) Clearcasting proc from functioning with Arcane Empowerment (PvP Talent).
Fire Mage PvP Changes
- New PvP Talent: Ring of Fire added. Summons a Ring of Fire for 8 seconds at the target location. Enemies entering the ring burn for 24% of their total health over 6 seconds.
- Controlled Burn (PvP Talent) has been reworked — Mastery: Ignite deals 100% more damage while Combustion is not active.
- World in Flames (PvP Talent) now causes Flamestrike to reduce the cast time of Flamestrike by 50% (was 1.25 seconds) and increases its damage by 30% for 3 seconds (was 20% permanently).
Frost Mage PvP Changes
- New PvP Talent: Ice Wall added. Conjures an Ice Wall 30-yards long that obstructs line of sight. The wall has 40% of your maximum health and lasts up to 15 seconds.
- Frostbolt now deals 100% more damage in PvP Combat (was 15%).
- Deep Shatter (PvP Talent) now increases the damage of Frostbolt by 75% on Frozen targets (was 150%).
- Burst of Cold (PvP Talent) now increases the damage of Cone of Cold by 600% (was 400%).
More Patch 9.1 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.1 class changes linked below.
- 27 Jun. 2021: Updated for 9.1 release.
- 22 May 2021: Page added.
ICY VEINS IS HIRING
- New Stay Awhile and Listen Dialogue Between Baine Bloodhoof and Mayla Highmountain in Dragonflight
- A Preview of Vicious Mounts in Dragonflight Season 1
- Patch 9.2.7 and Wrath Classic Hotfixes: September 29th
- Battle for Undercity Quest Fix
- Dragonflight Group Loot and BoE Clarifications
- Embodiment of the Storm-Eater Preview in Dragonflight
- New Map Model in Dragonflight
- The Winds of Wisdom XP Buff Returns on October 4