Frost Death Knight Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Frost Death Knight before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
This page will help you perform the best with your Frost Death Knight in Torghast, Tower of the Damned. For more information about Torghast in general, check out our dedicated page below.
Best Frost Death Knight Setup for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
|15||? Inexorable Assault||✗ Icy Talons||✓ Cold Heart|
|25||✓ Runic Attenuation||✓ Murderous Efficiency||✗ Horn of Winter|
|30||? Death's Reach||? Asphyxiate||? Blinding Sleet|
|35||✓ Avalanche||? Frozen Pulse||✓ Frostscythe|
|40||? Permafrost||? Wraith Walk||? Death Pact|
|45||✓ Gathering Storm||? Hypothermic Presence||✗ Glacial Advance|
|50||✗ Icecap||✓ Obliteration||✓ Breath of Sindragosa|
Level 15 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|? Inexorable Assault||✘ Icy Talons||✔ Cold Heart|
Cold Heart is far and above the best talent in this row.
Level 25 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|✔ Runic Attenuation||✔ Murderous Efficiency||✘ Horn of Winter|
Level 30 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|? Death's Reach||? Asphyxiate||? Blinding Sleet|
All talents on this row have fantastic utility and are viable.
Level 35 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|✔ Avalanche||? Frozen Pulse||✔ Frostscythe|
Level 40 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|? Permafrost||? Wraith Walk||? Death Pact|
All talents on this row have fantastic utility and are viable, however Wraith Walk has great mobility benefits.
Level 45 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|✔ Gathering Storm||? Hypothermic Presence||✘ Glacial Advance|
Level 50 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|✘ Icecap||✔ Obliteration||✔ Breath of Sindragosa|
Best Anima Powers for Frost Death Knight
This section ranks desirable Anima Powers from Great to Average. Before reading further, you might want to check out our complete lists of Anima Powers (both Death Knight-specific and class-agnostic).
Great Anima Powers for Frost Death Knight
- Ancient Drake Breath
- Blood-tinged Poker
- Deathlord's Cypher (Allows you to have Inexorable Assault and Cold Heart)
- Necromantic Bile
- Deathlord's Gift (Allows you to have Runic Attenuation and Murderous Efficiency)
- Deathlord's Ultimatum (Allows you to have Icecap and Obliteration or Breath of Sindragosa)
- Blood-tinged Poker
- Bone Growing Juice
- Death Turf
- Skull Bloomer
- Oppressor's Chain
- Fatal Grasp (Necrolord)
Good Anima Powers for Frost Death Knight
- Deathlord's Invocation (Allows you to have Avalanche and Frostscythe)
- Deathlord's Mythos (Allows you to have Gathering Storm and Hypothermic Presence
- Animate Armaments
- Darkreaver's Lens
- The Horsemen's Call
- Rune Hunter
- Tome of Swordplay
- Undertaker's Crown
- Hateforged Cilice (Kyrian)
- Eyes of the Unceasing (Kyrian)
- Death's Deliverance (Venthyr)
- Swarm Host (Venthyr)
- Engorged Limb (Necrolord)
- Corrupted Sapwood (Night Fae)
Average Anima Powers for Frost Death Knight
- Bone Harvester
- Occult Emitter
- Chains of Anguish
- Creeping Decay
- Darkreaver's Ward
- Force Pull
- Lich Robes
- Monstrous Concoction
- Slick Ice
- Unbreakable Cuffs
- Deathlord's Legacy (Allows you to have Spell Eater and Wraith Walk or Death Pact
- Deathlord's Lesson (Allows you to have Grip of the Dead and Death's Reach or Asphyxiate
- Darkhelm of Nuren (Kyrian)
- Twisted Hellchoker (Kyrian)
- Reinforced Manacle (Kyrian)
- Formless Executioner (Venthyr)
- Prosthetic Grabber (Necrolord)
- Nightmare Tendrils (Night Fae)
- Toxic Accumulator (Night Fae)
If an Anima Power is not in the Tier List above, it is either because we have been unable to test it or find information about its tuning. It will be populated over time as we learn more about them.
Phantasma Anima Powers for Frost Death Knight
Occasionally, you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate these, but they are generally better than the "Average" Anima powers.
Frost Death Knight Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- Use Anti-Magic Shell before a magic debuff is cast on you, in order to prevent the application of the debuff.
- If a mob is able to be Death Gripped then you can use that to also interrupt that mob, acting as another interrupt utility.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Guide added.
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 Week 7
- Player Counts All Anima Items... and It's a Bit Much
- How to Get the Carpal Pet in Shadowlands
- Threads of Fate Free Covenant Switch Methods
- Patch 9.0.2 and Classic Hotfixes: January 20th
- Huge Spell Batching Changes: Classic 1.13.7 PTR
- Stoneborn Brought Into Battleground Potential Exploit
- Players Can Do Mythic+ Below Level 60!