Frost Death Knight Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Frost Death Knight before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
This page will help you perform the best with your Frost Death Knight in Torghast, Tower of the Damned. For more information about Torghast in general, check out our dedicated pages below.
Best Frost Death Knight Setup for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
|15||✓ Inexorable Assault||✗ Icy Talons||✓ Cold Heart|
|25||✓ Runic Attenuation||✓ Murderous Efficiency||✗ Horn of Winter|
|30||? Death's Reach||? Asphyxiate||? Blinding Sleet|
|35||✓ Avalanche||✗ Frozen Pulse||✓ Frostscythe|
|40||? Permafrost||? Wraith Walk||? Death Pact|
|45||✓ Gathering Storm||✗ Hypothermic Presence||✗ Glacial Advance|
|50||✗ Icecap||✓ Obliteration||✓ Breath of Sindragosa|
Level 15 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|✔ Inexorable Assault||✘ Icy Talons||✔ Cold Heart|
Level 25 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|✔ Runic Attenuation||✔ Murderous Efficiency||✘ Horn of Winter|
Level 30 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|? Death's Reach||? Asphyxiate||? Blinding Sleet|
All talents on this row have fantastic utility and are viable.
Level 35 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|✔ Avalanche||✘ Frozen Pulse||✔ Frostscythe|
Frostscythe will allow you to spread Rune of Razorice to all targets in your range, significantly increasing the damage of all your Frost damaging abilities. Avalanche is a very strong passive option that is very easy to play with and adds a good amount of damage.
Level 40 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|? Permafrost||? Wraith Walk||? Death Pact|
All talents on this row have fantastic utility and are viable, however Wraith Walk has great mobility benefits especially since you cannot use your mounts in Torghast.
Level 45 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|✔ Gathering Storm||✘ Hypothermic Presence||✘ Glacial Advance|
Gathering Storm offers the highest DPS output for both single-target and AoE.
Level 50 Talents for Torghast as a Frost Death Knight
|✘ Icecap||✔ Obliteration||✔ Breath of Sindragosa|
Best Anima Powers for Frost Death Knight
This section ranks desirable Anima Powers from Great to Average. Before reading further, you might want to check out our complete lists of Anima Powers (both Death Knight-specific and class-agnostic).
Great Anima Powers for Frost Death Knight
- Ancient Drake Breath
- Deathlord's Cypher (Allows you to have Inexorable Assault and Cold Heart)
- Necromantic Bile
- Deathlord's Gift (Allows you to have Runic Attenuation and Murderous Efficiency)
- Deathlord's Ultimatum (Allows you to have Icecap and Obliteration or Breath of Sindragosa)
- Blood-tinged Poker
- Bone Growing Juice
- Death Turf
- Skull Bloomer
- Oppressor's Chain
- Fatal Grasp (Necrolord)
- Lich Robes (When paired with Undertaker's Crown)
- Monstrous Concoction
- Undertaker's Crown
- Unbreakable Cuffs
- Boundless Fortitude (When paired with Ancient Drake Breath)
Good Anima Powers for Frost Death Knight
- Chains of Anguish
- Deathlord's Invocation (Allows you to have Avalanche and Frostscythe)
- Deathlord's Mythos (Allows you to have Gathering Storm and Hypothermic Presence
- Darkreaver's Lens
- The Horsemen's Call
- Rune Hunter
- Tome of Swordplay
- Hateforged Cilice (Kyrian)
- Eyes of the Unceasing (Kyrian)
- Death's Deliverance (Venthyr)
- Swarm Host (Venthyr)
- Engorged Limb (Necrolord)
- Corrupted Sapwood (Night Fae)
- Darkreaver's Ward
- Entropic Pool
- Bone Borrower
- Desolate Chitin (Necrolord)
- Frigid Wildseed (Night Fae)
Average Anima Powers for Frost Death Knight
- Bone Harvester
- Occult Emitter
- Creeping Decay
- Force Pull
- Slick Ice
- Darkhelm of Nuren (Kyrian)
- Twisted Hellchoker (Kyrian)
- Reinforced Manacle (Kyrian)
- Formless Executioner (Venthyr)
- Prosthetic Grabber (Necrolord)
- Nightmare Tendrils (Night Fae)
- Toxic Accumulator (Night Fae)
- Ethereal Wildseed (Night Fae)
Phantasma Anima Powers for Frost Death Knight
Occasionally, you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate these, but they are generally better than the "Average" Anima powers.
Frost Death Knight Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- Use Anti-Magic Shell before a magic debuff is cast on you, in order to prevent the application of the debuff.
- If a mob is able to be Death Gripped then you can use that to also interrupt that mob, acting as another interrupt utility.
- Certain powers pair up very well with each other. For example: Ancient Drake Breath and Boundless Fortitude or Undertaker's Crown and Lich Robes.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 20 Feb. 2022: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Guide reviewed and updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Small changes and reordering to Powers; Added new powers; removed old Powers for patch 9.0.5.
- 24 Jan. 2021: Guide reviewed and completely updated.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Guide added.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st