Blood Death Knight Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
Best Gems for Blood Death Knights
Best Enchants for Blood Death Knights
Consumables for Blood Death Knights
Best Flasks and Potions for Blood
Best Food for Blood
Best Battle Potion for Blood Death Knights
Patch 8.2 brought a refreshing change to the consumables when it comes to potions. Depending on the situation, you will have a choice of two or more potions, without the dependence on RNG that Potion of Bursting Blood had.
- In general, Superior Battle Potion of Strength, Superior Steelskin Potion, and Superior Battle Potion of Stamina are the upgraded "default" potions and will be your go-to whenever you do not see a use case for one of the more esoteric ones. Both provide a hefty amount of Strength (and therefore Armor) or Stamina. You will be using Superior Battle Potion of Strength the majority of the time.
- Particularly in Mythic+, Potion of Empowered Proximity has a cap of 50% more primary stat than Superior Battle Potion of Strength. If you are fighting more than 4 mobs, this is the potion for you. It is a dynamic buff and updates every second with the correct value for the situation you find yourself in.
- Potion of Focused Resolve increases your chance to critically strike your current target at the time of consumption by up to 20%. This is the single-target DPS potion. As we do not have abilities that benefit defensively from critical strikes, this has no real defensive benefit.
Augment Runes for Blood
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Starting in patch 8.3 you can also use the re-usable Lightning-Forged Augment Rune to increase your primary stat by an equal amount.
- 13 Jan. 2020: This page was reviewed for Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 26 Jun. 2019: Added new potions section.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been updated for Patch 8.2.
- 22 Jan. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Season 2 and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Added new 8.1 food, clarified runeforge recommendation, updated flask/feast usage for 8.1.
- 24 Sep. 2018: Updated consumables with changes to stat priority.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Added Strength gem recommendation.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 2nd
- Optional Crafting Reagents Update: June 2nd
- World First Mythic +28 Tol'Dagor Cleared in Time
- Dredwing Mounts in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through June 5th
- Specific Vendor Corruptions Prediction Theories
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 1st
- Fist of Justice / Ineffable Truth Hotfix Cancelled