Blood Death Knight Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Blood Death Knight, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.2.
Best Gems for Blood Death Knights
Currently, all your sockets should be filled with Versatile Dark Opal for general purposes, or whatever stat sims the highest offensively. The difference between the two will be minimal on a single socket.
Best Enchants for Blood Death Knights
In practice, these guidelines are largely down to how enchants do not compete over primary stats, merely secondaries. As a result, the gearing stat priority is applicable, and can be simply followed: Versatility as a good default, or whatever sims the highest for you at the time for damage. You can find more information about this on the stats page of this guide.
Consumables for Blood Death Knights
Best Flasks, Oils, and Potions for Blood
Shadowcore Oil should be placed on your weapon to provide passive damage, and also enhance the power of your combat potions.
When in combat, you have several options for which in-combat potion to use. For both of these potions you should use Shadowcore Oil on your weapon to enhance the power of them.
- Potion of Phantom Fire should be used when potting for damage.
- Potion of Empowered Exorcisms should be used in Mythic+ where you can reliably tank multiple targets for its full duration.
- Potion of Spectral Strength can be used as a general purpose potion.
Best Food for Blood
Use Steak a la Mode is your Versatility food buff of choice.
Best Armor Kit for Blood
Use Heavy Desolate Armor Kit as it provides you with the most Stamina.
Augment Runes for Blood
If you can afford it, you should use Veiled Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 14 Jan. 2021: Adding soul treads and shaded hearthing to enchants.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands with Oils, Armor Kits, New enchants.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- An Excellent Class and Spec Pick Flowchart Meme (Or Is it?)
- There Are Worse Fates than Being Carried by a Kyrian...
- Players Manipulate Turn Speed Variable while Mind Controlling Others
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 15th
- How to Get Raid, PvP and Any Legendary Memories Without Doing the Related Activity
- How to Loot Faster in World of Warcraft
- How to Fool Bots With Toys
- Patch 9.1 Will Be Released in Spring 2021