Blood Death Knight Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Blood Death Knight, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.
Best Gems for Blood Death Knights
Currently, all your sockets should be filled with Versatile Jewel Cluster for general purposes, or whatever stat sims the highest offensively. The difference between the two will be minimal on a single socket.
Domination Shards for Blood Death Knight
Information about Domination Shards can be found on our Gear page:
Best Enchants for Blood Death Knights
In practice, these guidelines are largely down to how enchants do not compete over primary stats, merely secondaries. As a result, the gearing stat priority is applicable, and can be simply followed: Versatility as a good default, or whatever sims the highest for you at the time for damage. You can find more information about this on the stats page of this guide.
Consumables for Blood Death Knights
Best Flasks, Oils, and Potions for Blood
Shadowcore Oil should be placed on your weapon to provide passive damage, and also enhance the power of your combat potions.
When in combat, you have several options for which in-combat potion to use. For both of these potions you should use Shadowcore Oil on your weapon to enhance the power of them.
- Potion of Phantom Fire should be used when potting for damage.
- Potion of Empowered Exorcisms should be used in Mythic+ where you can reliably tank multiple targets for its full duration.
- Potion of Spectral Strength can be used as a general purpose potion.
Best Food for Blood
Use Steak a la Mode is your Versatility food buff of choice.
Best Armor Kit for Blood
Use Heavy Desolate Armor Kit as it provides you with the most Stamina.
Augment Runes for Blood
If you can afford it, you should use Veiled Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 17 May 2021: A BfA gem was being recommended here. Fixed!
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 14 Jan. 2021: Adding soul treads and shaded hearthing to enchants.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands with Oils, Armor Kits, New enchants.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power