Blood Death Knight Tank Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Blood Death Knight in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. Best in Slot List for Blood Death Knights
We do not currently provide a Best in Slot list. Try to prioritize gear with Versatility and Strength, especially rings, but don't sacrifice Armor and Strength to get it. Anything 10 item levels or more is virtually guaranteed to be an upgrade regardless of itemization, excepting rings and trinkets.
2. Trinket Recommendations for Blood Death Knight
Trinkets specifically flagged for tanks in Battle for Azeroth are particularly weak and should generally be avoided. Look for trinkets with static Strength or Versatility, or that have on-use effects that boost these stats. The following trinkets are worth seeking out as a Blood Death Knight:
- Jes' Howler is the best trinket currently available for Blood Death Knights. The cooldown is good both offensively and defensively.
- Dread Gladiator's Badge and Dread Gladiator's Medallion are both excellent choices if you can do PvP content. These are some of the easiest trinkets to obtiain at a good item level thanks to Battleborn Sigil.
- Darkmoon Deck: Blockades is the only purely tanking trinket worth using. It can be used if you need more maximum health to handle a specific ability, and is relatively easy to obtain if you have the gold.
- Kraulok's Claw has an uncontrollable proc, but will still provide good throughput over the course of an encounter.
3. Set Bonuses for Blood Death Knights
While there are a handful of set bonuses available from Battle for Azeroth dungeons, none of them are of interest to Blood Death Knights.
4. Legendary Items for Blood Death Knights
The special effects on your Legion Legendary Items will be disabled at level 116. Until then, you can still get full benefit from these effects. We recommend the following legendaries for leveling in Battle for Azeroth:
- Sephuz's Secret is your hands-down best option while leveling for the significant boost to movement speed. It is triggered by Mind Freeze, Asphyxiate, Death Grip, and War Stomp (for Tauren). Additionally, this gives you a guaranteed socket for using an Insightful Rubellite.
- Aggramar's Stride provides a movement speed bonus that will be very effective for the first few levels. Its value will decay as you level, the rating required per percentage point of a stat rising.
- Skullflower's Haemostasis remains our strongest throughput legendary and will provide a noticeable increase to damage and healing, especially if you are grouping large masses of enemies with each pull.
- Rethu's Incessant Courage has a flat 15% movement speed increase out of combat, and a guaranteed socket for your Insightful Rubellite, if you are not using Sephuz's Secret.
5. Azerite Gear for Blood Death Knight
For information about what Azerite traits to choose and what the best items are, see our Azerite page.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 24 Sep. 2018: Added trinket recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 23 Jul. 2018: Updated Legendary ranking.
- WoW Esports in 2019
- PvP Season 1: Arena and RBG Title Cutoffs
- Tides of Vengeance Part II: Survival Guide
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Class Changes
- BfA PvP Season 2 Preview [Official]
- Tools of the Trade in Patch 8.1.5
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Kul Tiran & Zandalari Druid Empowered Moonkin Form
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Guardian Druid 8.1
- Need help with BoS
- Feral Druid 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Survival Hunter PvP 8.1