Blood Death Knight Tank Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Blood Death Knight in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.
1. Best in Slot List for Blood Death Knights
We do not currently provide a Best in Slot list. You should aim to prioritize item level above everything else, as anything 10 item levels or more is virtually guaranteed to be an upgrade.
If you have a choice on the same item level, the alternative will likely, in generic circumstances, not make a difference defensively. As such, we recommend just simming the choice and going with whatever helps you do more damage.
There are some exceptions to this rule and encounter-specific situations where a stat is massively devalued. You should keep an eye on the raid encounter guides to be aware of this.
2. Trinket Recommendations for Blood Death Knight
The raw destructive power of both Merektha's Fang and Grong's Primal Rage deserve a specific mention for Mythic+. As we are not GCD-locked, we have natural gaps in our rotation that allow us to use these trinkets without a loss. Merektha's Fang in particular also befits the class particularly well, as the passive from Death's Advance allows us to move while channelling it.
Defensively, Idol of Indiscriminate Consumption is a very solid pick. The ability to heal yourself for a very sizeable chunk of health every 2 minutes can turn the tide in quite a few pulls.
2.2. General Use
Generally, as most of the item budget on a trinket is on its primary stat, you will still be going by item level, save a few exceptions.
Listed below are a few examples of trinkets you may be interested in:
- Jes' Howler is more of a party cooldown than a personal cooldown, in that it provides a hefty amount of extra damage to your group if used while offensive cooldowns are up.
- Diamond-Laced Refracting Prism is a solid throughput trinket that will rarely waste its effect, thanks to the absorb stacking as high as 5 times the base value.
- Sinister Gladiator's Badge and Sinister Gladiator's Medallion are all excellent choices, if you can do PvP content. Just keeping up with weekly Conquest rewards will reward one Trinket of your choice per month.
3. Benthic Gear
Please read this post for information on how Benthic gear is acquired and upgraded.
All Benthic pieces have a unique Equip effect. The following are the pieces that are notable for Blood Death Knights.
- Bracers: Waveblade Farseer's Armguards — A very potent damage proc.
- Back: Shirakess Drape — Frost damage taken is reduced by 3% while in Nazjatar or the Eternal Palace.
- Hands: Zanj'ir Scaleguard Gauntlets — Shadow damage taken is reduced by 3% while in Nazjatar or the Eternal Palace.
- Hands: Zanj'ir Scaleguard Fists — While in Nazjatar or the Eternal Palace, your critical strikes have a chance to heal you for a small amount over 10 sec.
- Hands: Poen's Deepsea Handguards; A very potent damage proc.
- Belt: Vim's Scalecrusher Girdle; A frequent, AoE physical damage proc.
- Boots: Akana's Reefstrider Boots; While in Nazjatar or the Eternal Palace, your critical strikes deal increased damage.
It is worth noting that virtually all of the offensive items on this list will be BiS irrespective of item level when fully upgraded, if they have a socket. You should keep gambling to obtain one.
4. Set Bonuses for Blood Death Knights
While there are a handful of set bonuses available from Battle for Azeroth dungeons, none of them are of interest to Blood Death Knights.
5. Azerite Gear for Blood Death Knights
For information about what Azerite traits to choose and what the best items are, see our Azerite page.
- 11 Jun. 2019: Overhauled page for Season 3 and TEP release.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 22 Jan. 2019: Added Season 2 trinkets; removed Legion legendary discussion.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 24 Sep. 2018: Added trinket recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 23 Jul. 2018: Updated Legendary ranking.
- Classic Spotlight: Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 12th
- Beguiling Affix - Void-Touched Emissary Nerf: July 12th
- 3 Days of WoW Game Time for Inactive Players
- WoW Classic Beta Ends Today
- Aqueous Reliquary Drop Clarifications
- Hunter Beta Issues - Not a Bug, Fixed and Actual Bugs
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 11th
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Completely lost here on Icy-Veins
- Protection Warrior 8.2
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Rogue Leveling Guide
- Restoration Druid 8.2
- One with the Pack - How much Crit?
- Operation: Mechagon Dungeon