Brewmaster Monk Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Brewmaster Monk, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
Best Gems, Enchantments, and Consumables for Brewmaster Monks
This section will be going over a variety of extra buffs available for use by your character. To have a better understanding of why certain stats are being prioritized on a Brewmaster Monk, please pay a visit to the page dedicated to them.
You should ideally make use of Radiant Alexstraszite or Radiant Malygite in all of your sockets for a balance between offense and defense, along with one Inscribed Illimited Diamond/ Resplendent Illimited Diamond.
Best Enchants for Brewmaster Monks
|Weapon (2h and dual-wield main-hand)||Enchant Weapon - Shadowflame Wreathe|
|Weapon (dual-wield off-hand)||
As a Brewmaster Monk, stats are so close together for defensive value that you are largely free to use other stat enchants on rings if you prefer them. Meanwhile, for weapon enchants, Enchant Weapon - Shadowflame Wreathe or Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion are the preferred choices for most content, with the latter offering a minor additional defensive benefit. If seeking even more damage, you should consider simulating your character. For more information, look into the Simulations section of this guide dedicated to explaining how to do so below.
Consumables for Brewmaster Monks
Best Phials and Potions for Brewmaster
Phial of Tepid Versatility should be used in most situations, acting as a generic choice to provide both damage and defense. You may also wish to use Phial of Glacial Fury or Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage for additional damage. Fortunately, you may obtain two of any phial you choose with access to a Draconic Phial Cauldron.
Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power is your recommended potion both before combat as a "pre-pot" and during most fights. This potion, in particular, can also be obtained from a Potion Cauldron of Ultimate Power. Potion of Shocking Disclosure may also be used as a cheap alternative, though its effects will only provide more damage with no defensive benefit.
Dreamwalker's Healing Potion acts as your healing potion. Each use will incur a 5-minute cooldown, but multiple can be consumed in an extended boss fight. In a serious emergency, you can also consider using a Potion of Withering Dreams, though be aware of the downside of receiving a large 30-second DoT in exchange for what is likely to be a full heal.
In addition, a Warlock's Healthstone does not share a cooldown with other healing consumables. Remember to use it as well if you are holding one!
Finally, Alchemy offers a number of utility potions, including those that can be used while you are dead! While not every potion will be listed, you should consider keeping a small number of Residual Neural Channeling Agent on you to use while you have an available potion and are waiting for a battle resurrection.
Best Food for Brewmaster
If available, Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak/ Hoard of Draconic Delicacies is your food of choice for some additional Agility in a dungeon or raid group. Otherwise, Deviously Deviled Eggs provides the same amount of Agility while being a personal consumable, Filet of Fangs can be used for an extra bit of Critical Strike, or Revenge, Served Cold can be consumed to additionally gain some Versatility.
Additional, Optional Consumables
While they are not as necessary for success in areas of content as phials, potions and food; there are some additional consumables available for a small amount of extra temporary power for your character.
Weapon Runes function similar to Weapon Oils of previous expansions, applying a temporary buff to your weapon that is not removed on death. In Dragonflight, you will want to apply a Buzzing Rune to your weapons for some additional Critical Strike. Be aware that you cannot apply a Weapon Rune and a Weapon Stone to an item at the same time.
Weapon Stones also make a return in Dragonflight, appearing as either Primal Whetstone or Primal Weightstone, depending on if your weapon is bladed or not. In general, you should make use of Buzzing Runes mentioned above rather than a Weapon Stone.
While expensive, Draconic Augment Runes (or its infinite-use variant, the Dreambound Augment Rune) can be used for a small amount of extra Agility. Consider keeping a few on hand for times when you need to eke out every bit of possible damage.
If you find yourself in need of a Bloodlust-effect, drums are a useful tool to provide a similar, but weaker, form of the buff. At Level 70, the only drums that can be used are Feral Hide Drums.
Note that in Dragonflight, you can freely change your talents at any time outside of combat or a mythic+ dungeon. Because of this, there are no tome consumables to worry about!
- 06 Nov. 2023: Added new Helm enchant; adjusted healing potion and phial recommendations for Patch 10.2; specified Shocking Disclosure primarily being a cheap choice.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Recommended Single-target potion altered for Patch 10.1.7; Frozen Devotion recommendation removed due to cheaper enchantment prices.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Added a note about Onyx Annulet no longer being the best choice at higher item levels in Patch 10.1.5.
- 03 May 2023: Weapon enchants updated with specific target counts; single-target potion recommendation changed.
- 01 May 2023: Added mention of the Draconic Phial Cauldron in Patch 10.1; removed infrequently-used Primordial Stones.
- 01 Apr. 2023: Primordial Stone recommendations modified with tuning now finalized.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 12 Jan. 2022: Slightly adjusted Consumable recommendations; adjusted Chest Enchants.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Liquid World 2nd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and Amirdrassil 9/9
- Fyr'alath Legendary Axe Revealed After Mythic Fyrakk Kill
- Echo Claim the Fyrakk Mythic World First and Win the Amirdrassil RWF!
- Liquid Grab Their Own 1% Wipe, 0.09% Better Than Echo's!
- Insane 1% Wipe From Echo on Fyrakk
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 3 Week 2
- Mythic+ Affix Rotation for Dragonflight Season 3
- New Explorer's Cosmetic Weapons Coming in Patch 10.2.5