Brewmaster Monk Tank Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Brewmaster Monk in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
Gearing your Brewmaster Monk
Gearing for Brewmaster is very simple for non Azerite and trinket slots. Use the highest item level gear you can get, while trying to avoid Haste. A piece of gear 5 item levels higher with Haste will often still be an upgrade, as Haste is not entirely worthless, so do not go out of your way to avoid it. Rings are a different matter, however, as a ring with Haste will be an upgrade at about 15 item level difference.
There is a new item introduced in 8.3 that allows you to add a socket to an item that did not already have one: Gouged Eye of N'Zoth. For more information on how to obtain it, please go to our Horrific Visions Hub.
Corruptions and Corrupted Items
For more information about the best Corruptions and corrupted items you can get, please refer to our dedicated page.
Azerite Gear for Brewmaster Monks
The following is a list of gear with desirable Azerite traits, as described in the Azerite section. Each has one of the best Outer Ring traits, and at least one more valuable trait.
The ideal setup of traits would be: 3x Training of Niuzao, 1x Straight, No Chaser, 1x Elusive Footwork, 1x ( Bonded Souls or Boiling Brew), 3x ( Gemhide or Impassive Visage). There is not yet a gear set which gets this exactly, but you should be able to get close to it with enough luck.
Raid Best in Slot Gear
In Patch 8.3, Blizzard has decided to put excellent traits on Ny'alotha gear, making your life much easier! Here is the ideal loadout, though the alternate for each slot is perfectly acceptable until you get your desired piece. Keep in mind that some Mythic+ gear may be better for non Azerite slots, and corruptions on gear will influence your decisions as well.
|Slot||Item||Azerite Trait Loadout||Source|
|Helm||Stygian Guise||Maut (Ny'alotha)|
|Shoulders||Pauldrons of the Great Convergence||N'Zoth the Corruptor (Ny'alotha)|
|Cloak||Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve||N/A||Legendary Cloak quest line|
|Chest||Tortured Fleshbeast Cuirass||Carapace of N'Zoth (Ny'alotha)|
|Wrists||Wristwraps of Volatile Power||N/A||Shad'har the Insatiable|
|Gloves||Chitinspine Gloves||N/A||The Hivemind|
|Belt||Cord of Anguished Cries||N/A||Dark Inquisitor Xanesh|
|Legs||Onyx-Imbued Breeches||N/A||Wrathion, the Black Emperor|
|Boots||Corpuscular Leather Greaves||N/A||Carapace of N'Zoth|
|Ring||Void-Etched Band||N/A||Shad'har the Insatiable|
|Weapon||Qwor N'lyeth||N/A||The Hivemind|
Mythic+ Azerite Gear
|Cowl of Fluid Machinations||Shrine of the Storm|
|Flashpowder Hood||Tol Dagor|
|High Altitude Turban||The MOTHERLODE!!|
|Pistoleer's Spaulders||Tol Dagor|
|Shoulders of the Sanguine Monstrosity||Underrot|
|Raiment of the Blighted Tribe||Waycrest Manor|
|Type II Bomber Jacket||Operation: Mechagon|
Different trinkets are good for different situations. You should keep any trinkets you get and swap them out when the situation calls for it.
- Mchimba's Ritual Bandages drops from M'chimba the Embalmer in King's Rest. Its on use-effect provides an absorb shield around a quarter of your HP, and only has a 90-second cooldown. If you desire a defensive trinket you should hope to get this in your weekly Mythic cache.
- Idol of Indiscriminate Consumption will deal damage to up to 7 enemies or allies. You are healed for 200% of the damage dealt. This has a 1-minute cooldown. It drops from Uunat in the Crucible of Storms. The heal is huge, and comes up often, but be careful not to kill your allies.
- Edicts of the Faithless from the Queen's Court in the Eternal Palace provides a reasonable shield. You should make sure to consume it every time it is up, to not lose effectiveness.
- Bloodthirsty Urchin — A solid heal over time. This will almost always be at max. It drops from Lady Ashvane in the Eternal Palace.
- Highborne Compendium of Mystical Bulwark has the powerful effect of increasing your armour. It is a good option if you have no other exceptional trinkets, and it is easy to acquire (if you can afford it!).
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Brewmaster are listed against each other below. If the source of the trinket is not listed on mouseover, then it only appears in world quests, so is difficult to farm.
The best trinkets from Ny'alotha are Torment in a Jar and Writhing Segment of Drest'agath. Both stack up very well with other trinkets in the game and require comparatively little luck to get- earlier trinkets at the item level of these need rare titanforges to be comparable.
- 27 Apr. 2020: Moved Corruption info.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3 with Corrupted gear and new Azerite.
- 18 Jul. 2019: Removed useless BoD/CoS items in favour of legacy section.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Added Inscription trinket.
- 10 Jul. 2019: Added Benthic gear and Eternal Palace gear.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Updated for Crucible of Storms.
- 11 Mar. 2019: Updated trinket reccomendations.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Added raid Azerite gear.
- 14 Dec. 2018: Updated food and flasks recommendations.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated recommended Azerite gear pieces.
- 21 Sep. 2018: Added Bloodmallet sims.
- 03 Sep. 2018: Made a few tweaks to trinket recommendations and Azerite gear suggestions.
- 20 Aug. 2018: Added trinket recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 2nd
- Optional Crafting Reagents Update: June 2nd
- World First Mythic +28 Tol'Dagor Cleared in Time
- Dredwing Mounts in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through June 5th
- Specific Vendor Corruptions Prediction Theories
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 1st
- Fist of Justice / Ineffable Truth Hotfix Cancelled