Brewmaster Monk Tank Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Brewmaster Monk in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Azerite Gear for Brewmaster Monks
The following is a list of gear with desirable Azerite traits, as described in the Azerite section. Each has one of the best Outer Ring traits, and at least one more valuable trait.
The ideal setup of traits would be: 3x Training of Niuzao, 1x Straight, No Chaser, 1x Elusive Footwork, 1x ( Bonded Souls or Boiling Brew), 3x ( Gemhide or Impassive Visage). There is not yet a gear set which gets this exactly, but you should be able to get close to it with enough luck.
Raid Azerite Gear
Mythic+ Azerite Gear
|Cowl of Fluid Machinations||Shrine of the Storm|
|Flashpowder Hood||Tol Dagor|
|High Altitude Turban||The MOTHERLODE!!|
|Pistoleer's Spaulders||Tol Dagor|
|Shoulders of the Sanguine Monstrosity||Underrot|
|Raiment of the Blighted Tribe||Waycrest Manor|
|Type II Bomber Jacket||Operation: Mechagon|
Eternal Palace Weapons and Trinkets
One weapon in The Eternal Palace for Brewmaster has an additional effect it loses some secondary stats for: Shiver Venom Lance from Abyssal Commander Sivara. It simply deals extra damage to your target, with a bonus if the enemy is affected by Shiver Venom by an ally using Shiver Venom Relic. You should use this weapon, as the extra damage is sizable.
The raid also includes four new trinkets, and a new Inscription trinket:
- Azshara's Font of Power — Cooldown that increases Agility. Not great, since Brewmasters lack burst damage to line up with this (leave it to DPS!
- Bloodthirsty Urchin — Depending on how this interacts with Stagger, it will be quite powerful or very weak. Get one just in case, and watch this page.
- Chain of Suffering — Defensive cooldown that reduces 50% of damage up to around 450k. Reasonably strong, but you must target an ally and have them take the damage instead. Solid choice.
- Edicts of the Faithless — Gain an absorb shield every 40 seconds. If it is consumed, future shields will be 10% stronger up to 100% total. In addition, can be used to absorb magic damage instead (though this resets the size). The trinket takes a while to ramp up, but should be quite strong on certain magic damage fights.
- Highborne Compendium of Mystical Bulwark has the powerful effect of increasing your armour. It is a good option if you have no other exceptional trinkets, and it is easy to acquire (if you can afford it!).
Benthic Armor for Brewmaster Monk
In some cases, Benthic Armor is far more powerful offensively than other gear of equal item level, due to the effects present on the pieces. You should use the following pieces over equal item level standard gear, and upgrade them when you can:
- Vim's Scalecrusher Clasp grants additional damage. At the moment, this is tuned quite high.
- Ori's Tidal Wristwraps and Neri's Wavebreaker Bindings are similar to the Belt (more damage).
- Akana's Reefstrider Footwraps increase Crit damage, which is a very powerful effect.
- Poen's Deepsea Grips spawns projectiles which do some damage.
Useful Legacy Raid Gear
Some items in the Crucible of Storms and Battle for Dazar'alor are still useful to have today.
Trident of Deep Ocean
Taking damage with the Trident of Deep Ocean equipped has a chance to grant you a shield, absorbing 25% of incoming damage. When the shield is fully consumed, you gain Agility for 1 minute. This can stack up to 3 times. This drops from U'unat.
This item is strong for survivability, slightly better than equivalent item level pieces from The Eternal Palace.
Leggings of the Aberrant Tidesage
When using Leggings of the Aberrant Tidesage, damaging abilities have a chance to grant an additional affect based on your current HP. Above 60%, they can deal additional damage. Below 60%, they can grant a 10 second HoT.
The damage is amazing. Use these for damage on fights that you maintain high health on over legs 10 item levels higher. However, dropping below 60% frequently makes them very poor, so be careful.
Idol of Indiscriminate Consumption
Idol of Indiscriminate Consumption will deal damage to up to 7 enemies or allies. You are healed for 200% of the damage dealt. This has a 1-minute cooldown.
This trinket is very solid. At Heroic level, with max targets, it will heal you for around 150k once per minute. This is fantastic for survivability, and is like an even stronger extra Healthstone. Unfortunately, if you hit this on a single target fight, you will also be dealing 10k damage to each of your allies. Special consideration should be taken when using this trinket, as in high raid damage times, it could easily lead to deaths. In The Eternal Palace, this is still a fantastic choice for burst healing, and you may find yourself using it on many fights if you have one. Try to at least get one on Heroic!
Gearing your Brewmaster Monk
Gearing for Brewmaster is very simple. Use the highest item level gear you can get, while trying to avoid Haste. A piece of gear 5 item levels higher with Haste will often still be an upgrade as Haste is not entirely worthless, so do not go out of your way to avoid it. Rings are a different matter- a ring with Haste will be an upgrade at about 15 item level difference.
Dungeon and Old Trinkets for Brewmaster Monk
Defensively, you will want to obtain trinkets that grant stats. While the available options are not particularly interesting, stat bonuses will boost both your offensive and defensive capabilities, and this often is all you need.
- Harlan's Loaded Dice drops from Harlan Sweete in Freehold. It procs an amount of stats divided between Critical Strike, Haste and Mastery, and can stack. It is an excellent choice if you can get one.
- Dead-Eye Spyglass from Dread Captain Lockwood in Siege of Boralus is also fantastic, giving a large amount of Critical Strike rating for a long duration. Rushing Jade Wind stacks the trinket's effect up very quickly.
- Lustrous Golden Plumage can be looted from the Golden Serpent in King's Rest, and the on-use can either be used on cooldown for DPS or saved as a small defensive boost if necessary.
- Mchimba's Ritual Bandages drops from M'chimba the Embalmer in King's Rest. Its on use-effect provides an absorb shield around a quarter of your HP, and only has a 90-second cooldown. If you desire a defensive trinket you should try to get this.
There are many options for more DPS-oriented trinkets in Battle for Azeroth. Trinkets that do damage to enemies instead of having stats on them are not reduced in effectiveness for tanks, so these are very powerful.
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Brewmaster are listed against each other below. If the source of the trinket is not listed on mouseover, then it only appears in world quests, so is difficult to farm.
- 18 Jul. 2019: Removed useless BoD/CoS items in favour of legacy section.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Added Inscription trinket.
- 10 Jul. 2019: Added Benthic gear and Eternal Palace gear.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Updated for Crucible of Storms.
- 11 Mar. 2019: Updated trinket reccomendations.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Added raid Azerite gear.
- 14 Dec. 2018: Updated food and flasks recommendations.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated recommended Azerite gear pieces.
- 21 Sep. 2018: Added Bloodmallet sims.
- 03 Sep. 2018: Made a few tweaks to trinket recommendations and Azerite gear suggestions.
- 20 Aug. 2018: Added trinket recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Infinite HoA Trait Removed from 8.3, New Legendary Cloak Addition
- 8.3 Class Changes Update: Mistweaver, Holy Pala, Disc Priest
- Mythic+ Season 4 Item Level Changes (Official)
- 8.3 Pet Battle Changes Update
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- New Retail WoW Box for Starting Players
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk