Brewmaster Monk Tank Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Brewmaster Monk in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. Azerite Gear for Brewmaster Monks
The following is a list of gear with desirable Azerite traits, as described in the Azerite section. Each has one of the best Outer Ring traits, and at least one more valuable trait.
The ideal setup of traits would be: 3x Training of Niuzao, 1x Straight, No Chaser, 1x Elusive Footwork, 1x ( Bonded Souls or Boiling Brew), 3x ( Gemhide or Impassive Visage). There is not yet a gear set which gets this exactly, but you should be able to get close to it with enough luck.
|Crown of A'akul's Dark Reign||Straight, No Chaser, Elusive Footwork, Blood Siphon, Impassive Visage||//www.icy-veins.com/wow/opulence-strategy-guide-in-battle-of-dazar-alor-raid (Battle for Dazar'alor)|
|Mestrah's Singing Spaulders||Boiling Brew, Training of Niuzao, Shimmering Haven, Gemhide||//www.icy-veins.com/wow/jadefire-masters-strategy-guide-in-battle-of-dazar-alor-raid (Battle for Dazar'alor)|
|Vestments of Indomitable Will||Training of Niuzao, Elusive Footwork, Blood Siphon, Vampiric Speed||//www.icy-veins.com/wow/conclave-of-the-chosen-strategy-guide-in-battle-of-dazar-alor-raid (Battle for Dazar'alor)|
2. Gearing your Brewmaster Monk
Gearing for Brewmaster is very simple. Use the highest item level gear you can get, while trying to avoid Haste. A piece of gear 5 item levels higher with Haste will often still be an upgrade as Haste is not entirely worthless, so do not go out of your way to avoid it. Rings are a different matter- a ring with Haste will be an upgrade at about 15 item level difference.
However, you should endeavor to have at least one socket on your gear, due to being able to place one Kraken's Eye of Agility. 40 Agility is a large bonus, so using even a Haste ring will usually be worth it.
3. Trinkets for Brewmaster Monk
Defensively, you will want to obtain trinkets that grant stats. While the available options are not particularly interesting, stat bonuses will boost both your offensive and defensive capabilities, and this often is all you need.
- Harlan's Loaded Dice drops from Harlan Sweete in Freehold. It procs an amount of stats divided between Critical Strike, Haste and Mastery, and can stack. It is an excellent choice if you can get one.
- Dead-Eye Spyglass from Dread Captain Lockwood in Siege of Boralus is also fantastic, giving a large amount of Critical Strike rating for a long duration. Rushing Jade Wind stacks the trinket's effect up very quickly.
- Lustrous Golden Plumage can be looted from the Golden Serpent in King's Rest, and the on-use can either be used on cooldown for DPS or saved as a small defensive boost if necessary.
There are three purely tanking-oriented trinkets in the game currently:
- Mchimba's Ritual Bandages drops from M'chimba the Embalmer in King's Rest. Its on use-effect provides an absorb shield around a quarter of your HP, and only has a 90-second cooldown. If you desire a defensive trinket you should try to get this.
- Xalzaix's Veiled Eye is a raid trinket from Mythrax the Unraveller in Uldir. It grants a large absorb shield when you fall below 40% health, absorbing 50% of incoming damage until depleted. Brewmaster Monks will often go below 40% and still be fine, so it is not great, but it can be useful in Mythic+ where you must be a little more self sufficient.
- Lingering Sporepods from Sporecaller Zancha in the Underrot is a damage and healing proc. Since it is uncontrollable it is not too useful for tanking, and the damage is quite low as well. You should avoid using this.
There are many options for more DPS-oriented trinkets in Battle for Azeroth. Trinkets that do damage to enemies instead of having stats on them are not reduced in effectiveness for tanks, so these are very powerful.
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Brewmaster are listed against each other below. If the source of the trinket is not listed on mouseover, then it only appears in world quests, so is difficult to farm.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Added raid Azerite gear.
- 14 Dec. 2018: Updated food and flasks recommendations.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated recommended Azerite gear pieces.
- 21 Sep. 2018: Added Bloodmallet sims.
- 03 Sep. 2018: Made a few tweaks to trinket recommendations and Azerite gear suggestions.
- 20 Aug. 2018: Added trinket recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Wintergrasp 8.1.5 PTR Testing: February 19th
- Rextroy's 40 Vs 40 Events
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: February 14th
- Patch 8.1.5: Kul Tiran Human Intro Cutscene
- Patch 8.1.5: Zandalari Troll Intro Cutscene
- PvP Hotfixes: Feb 13th - Massive Mana Regen Nerf
- Crucible of Storms Raid Testing: Feb 21st-25th
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 29352: Highlights
- Question on simming...
- Transmogrification Demon Hunters
- Affliction Warlock 8.1
- Fire Mage 8.1
- Frost Death Knight 8.1
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.1
- Destruction Warlock 8.1
- Demonology Warlock 8.1