Brewmaster Monk Tank Simulations — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, you will find a number of useful simulation results for your Brewmaster Monks in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.7.
Simulating a Tank Specialization
Over time, as World of Warcraft has become increasingly complicated in both its gear and its encounters, players have turned to powerful tools such as SimulationCraft to break down some of the confusion. With the creation of Raidbots, it has become easier than ever to reliably compare talents, gear upgrades, and even answer certain what-if questions for items you do not even have. Once you are comfortable with the process, "simming" can quickly become a convenient tool to really help you improve.
However, when it comes to simulating a tank like a Brewmaster Monk, there is one big rule to remember: you CANNOT simulate your survival or defensiveness. There are too many factors that will influence any given fight you are in for a simulation to give you an honest answer. However, you are more than welcome to simulate damage gains for your tank specialization with Raidbots. With its help, you can quickly compare damage between various Talents, Gear, Conduit choices, and even Legendary Powers and see what will provide you with the most DPS among the items you currently have.
To learn which talents are ideal for defense and cannot be simulated, remember to look at our talents page. Or, if you are interested in which stats to focus on for defense, check out our stat explanations for Brewmaster.
Combat logging is a way to keep track of every single thing that is happening during a dungeon or raid by writing it down in a text file. You can turn it on or off with the in-game command:
Once you have created a combat log, you can upload it to websites like Warcraft Logs to see it, or you can see what other players have uploaded instead. By keeping track of your own combat logs, or by comparing yours to other Brewmaster Monks, you can more quickly find ways to improve how you play.
Another powerful use for combat logs is the site WoW Analyzer. Even if you do not have experience reading a combat log, this powerful tool can quickly do the work for you. It will quickly provide you with suggestions on how to improve based on whatever log you show to it.
WowAnalyzer is actively maintained by experts in their class and spec. Brewmaster is no exception, and it is one of the most potent tools you can use to find areas to improve in a hurry. Be aware that certain types of fight pattern will skew the suggestions, such as being scolded for not enough Blackout Kick usage against a boss that you are forced to stay away from for extended periods of time.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Monk Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- PvP Play with the Blues on the 10.1 PTR: March 31st
- Aberrus Raid Testing Schedule: March 30 - April 28
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 28th
- Upcoming 10.1 PTR Changes to Class Tier Sets: March 28th
- Dragonflight 10.1, Season 2 New and Removed Mythic+ Affixes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Development Notes, March 28th: Old Mythic+ Affixes Removed, New Ones Added
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1