Mistweaver Monk Healing Macros and Addons — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Mistweaver Monk in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
Generic Macros for Monks
Detox Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Detox
- /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Detox;Detox
Using this macro will cast Detox on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player and they are not dead. Otherwise, it will cast Detox on your current target.
Tiger's Lust Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Tiger's Lust
- /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Tiger's Lust;Tiger's Lust
Using this macro will cast Tiger's Lust on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player and they are not dead. Otherwise, it will cast Tiger's Lust on your current target.
Specific Macros for Mistweaver Monks
Currently, we do not feel that any additional macros are needed to play a Mistweaver Monk to its full potential, but mouseover macros are very useful.
For all your healing and utility spells, we advise you to use mouseover macros such as:
- #showtooltip Soothing Mist
- /cast [@mouseover] Soothing Mist
Generic Addons for Monks
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Parrot or Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Parrot and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text are highly customisable addons for displaying floating battle text while in combat (incoming heals, damage of your spells, etc.). They both work very well by default.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
Recount / Skada / Details!
Recount is a well known addon that most people use for displaying current DPS or HPS (Healing Per Second). This add-on is not really lightweight, and provides a very high amount of information (and it can sometimes cause issues with performance). It is generally a good option to use Recount for checking what you take damage from and if the share of damage/healing you do with each of your abilities is similar to that of other players of your class.
An alternative to Recount (similar in function, so the choice is personal preference) is Details!.
A lightweight alternative to Recount and Details! is Skada Damage Meter.
Grid and GridClickSets (Optional)
ElvUI comes with decent raid frames. The only real reason for using Grid and GridClickSets is if you want to be able to decurse raid or party members by right clicking their frame in the raid of party frame. If you choose to go with Grid, then you might want to also use GridStatusRaidDebuff.
Specific Addons for Mistweaver Monks
Clique essentially does everything a mouseover macro does, but faster, and with "click-casting" functionality. It allows you to contextually bind your left and right mouse buttons (as well as any other button) to spells, but only when interacting with unit frames.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)