Brewmaster Monk Tank Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Brewmaster Monk in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Brewmaster Monk in Mythic+
Brewmaster is a reasonable choice for Mythic+, with decent damage and strong kiting skills in a pinch. Our group utility is limited to a (very strong) stun.
Brewmaster Monk Mythic+ Rotation
Your rotation will not change in Mythic+. For more information about the Brewmaster Monk rotation, refer to the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
Mythic+ Talents for Brewmaster Monks
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. These talents are recommended for all affixes and keystone levels. For more information on particular talents and when to use them, refer to the Builds and Talents page.
|15||✓ Eye of the Tiger||✗ Chi Wave||? Chi Burst|
|30||✓ Celerity||✓ Chi Torpedo||✓ Tiger's Lust|
|45||✓ Light Brewing||? Spitfire||✗ Black Ox Brew|
|60||? Tiger Tail Sweep||? Summon Black Ox Statue||✓ Ring of Peace|
|75||✓ Bob and Weave||✗ Healing Elixir||? Dampen Harm|
|90||? Special Delivery||✓ Rushing Jade Wind||✗ Invoke Niuzao, the Black Ox|
|100||✓ High Tolerance||✗ Guard||? Blackout Combo|
In Battle for Azeroth, there are three tiers of affixes, and one seasonal affix. Every keystone will have at least one affix, with new affixes being added at keystone levels 4 and 7, and the season affix being added at level 10.
Tier One Affixes
- Fortified increases the Health pool of all non-boss enemies by 20% and damage dealt by 30%.
- Tyrannical increases the Health pool of boss enemies by 40% and their damage dealt by 15%.
Tier Two Affixes
- Raging increases the damage dealt by enemies below 30% health by 100% until they die. This buff is dispellable .
- Teeming adds additional trash mobs to certain packs throughout each dungeon.
- Bolstering causes dying enemies to increase the maximum health and damage of other nearby enemies by 20%. To counter this affix, DPS all mobs down evenly and focus on the highest health pool enemies first.
- Sanguine places a pool of blood on the ground when a mob is slain. This pool will heal remaining enemies who stay inside the zone and also damage players. Be careful of using stuns, and you can use Ring of Peace to knock enemies out of sanguine pools.
- Bursting causes enemies to detonate when slain, afflicting the group with a stacking debuff that causes players to suffer 10% of their maximum health in damage every four seconds. When handling the Bursting affix, make sure your group knows how many stacks the healer can handle at a given point and try to save healing cooldowns for larger pulls, which will cause high Bursting stacks.
Tier Three Affixes
- Volcanic spawns volcanic plumes underneath and around players when in combat with any enemy. When damaged by Volcanic, players suffer 50% of their maximum health in damage. The more enemies you are in combat with, the more volcanic plumes will spawn.
- Grievous afflicts players with a stacking damage over time effect when they fall below 90%. Make sure to have your healer quickly remove the debuff with focused healing / cooldowns if needed, or it is likely you will fall behind and deaths will occur. This is especially dangerous to Brewmaster Monks — keep Coastal Healing Potions on hand to remove it.
- Quaking will periodically attempt to interrupt casters by creating a damaging zone around each player. About 3 seconds after the zone forms, it will deal 20% maximum health in damage to each player caught in the zone and interrupt any casts being finished during the shockwave.
- Explosive will occasionally spawn Explosive Orbs that need to be targeted and burned down within a short period of time or they will deal significant damage to the party. Explosive Orbs are not cleavable and the amount of orbs that spawn scales with the amount of enemies pulled. Brewmaster Monks can deal with these quickly with Blackout Strike followed by a Tiger Palm if needed.
- Necrotic debuffs the target of enemy melee swings with stacking healing reduction and a minor damage over time effect. Brewmaster Monks excel at dealing with this — being able to roll away and kite, use Leg Sweep to stop application, and Ring of Peace to prevent enemies from reaching you when you have high stacks.
- Skittish reduces the amount of threat generated by tanks throughout the dungeon. Rogues and Hunters are good for this week, as is Summon Black Ox Statue — taunting the statue and following up with a Keg Smash will make it difficult to lose aggro.
Beguiling is the seasonal affix for Season 3 of Battle for Azeroth. Beguiling places Emissaries of Azshara throughout random packs in a dungeon. There are three different types of Emissary:
- Enchanted Emissary grants Queen's Decree: Blowback to allies (but not to themselves), causing them to reflect all damage they take back at the dealer. Additionally, attacking the Emissary will knock them back a small amount. These Emissaries have an extremely high amount of health and will teleport out of the dungeon after being in combat for 30 seconds.
- Void-Touched Emissary casts Queen's Decree: Hide, dealing 50% of players' maximum health in damage to anyone within line of sight. These Emissaries have a slightly above average amount of health, and will teleport out of the dungeon after being brought to 1 health.
- Emissary of the Tides grants Queen's Decree: Unstoppable to allies (including themselves), granting crowd-control immunity. These Emissaries have a slightly above average amount of health, and will teleport out of the dungeon after being brought to 1 health.
Unfortunately, Brewmasters do not bring too much to the table in dealing with these.
Mythic+ Azerite Traits and Essences
Bulwark of the Masses is absurdly strong for Mythic+ dungeons, as you will be able to take advantage of its full effect for a majority of the time you are in combat.
The Major component of Sphere of Suppression is extremely potent for kiting enemies, which you may choose to do, especially on higher keys.
The Minor of Aegis of the Deep provides a lot of Versatility when facing many enemies, so it is a solid pick for Mythic+.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Added information on Beguiling.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Changed talent recommendations slightly.
- 31 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Page added.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Infinite HoA Trait Removed from 8.3, New Legendary Cloak Addition
- 8.3 Class Changes Update: Mistweaver, Holy Pala, Disc Priest
- Mythic+ Season 4 Item Level Changes (Official)
- 8.3 Pet Battle Changes Update
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- New Retail WoW Box for Starting Players
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk