Brewmaster Monk Tank Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Brewmaster Monk. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. The Basics of Stats for Brewmaster Monk
As a Brewmaster Monk, your stat priority is simple.
1.1. Stat Priority
- Critical Strike = Versatility
Brewmaster stats are reasonably close together. For this reason, you should wear the highest item level gear you have available, while trying to avoid Haste and gain Mastery.
Do not worry about your Stamina. Maximizing your Agility will ensure you have enough. If you desperately feel you need more, consider using a stamina trinket instead of swapping to higher stamina gear with worse stats.
2. Brewmaster Monk Stats: Getting a Better Understanding
Your Mastery: Elusive Brawler grants you a stacking buff that increases your chance to dodge, which lasts until the next time you dodge. Your Mastery also passively increases your attack power. The amount of dodge chance increase and the amount of attack power increase depend on how much Mastery you have. Attack Power also increases your self healing.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities. Moreover, thanks to Celestial Fortune, your Critical Strike chance also gives you the same chance for any heals you receive to heal for an additional 65%. Celestial Fortune also increases absorbs on you, at all times, by an amount equal to your Critical Strike chance.
Agility increases your attack power, dodge chance, and self healing (since your healing scales off of your attack power).
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
Most encounters have abilities that cannot be mitigated or avoided. Also, you need to have a decent amount of health, in order to give yourself the chance to be healed before a subsequent attack kills you. As such, you need a minimum amount of Stamina. This amount will, in most cases, simply come from the Stamina found innately on your gear. Therefore, item level is the determining factor in keeping your health pool growing.
- 11 Mar. 2019: Updated stat priority.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 20 Aug. 2018: Made a small update to the stat priority.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- XP Off Boosting Nerf Clarification
- Patch 8.2 Heart of Azeroth Essence Guide
- Classic Stress Test 3 - Everyone from Americas and Oceania Gets Access!
- No More Level 110 Twink Boosting in Patch 8.2
- Sphere of Suppression - Heart of Azeroth Essence Spotlight
- Gathering Professions in Patch 8.2
- "Hunters" Machinima in Unreal Engine 4
- Azeroth's Undying Gift - Heart of Azeroth Essence Spotlight
- Fire Mage 8.1.5
- Who the best Healer PVE ?
- Essence Guide
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.1.5
- Transmogrification - Warriors
- Feral, m+, wrath or bite