Marksmanship Hunter DPS Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, we explain how to easily play Marksmanship Hunter in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
2. The Basics of Marksmanship Hunter
Marksmanship is a relatively slow ranged spec with only a few fundamental mechanics that make it work well.
3. Talent Choices of Marksmanship Hunter
The talents listed below are selected either for ease of use, or for more a more simple to understand gameplay style. Whilst in a number of cases there are alternatives on the tree that will provide more if played well, they create much more room to play incorrectly and reduce your performance. Due to this, treat this as a starting point and a primer.
- Level 15: Master Marksman
- Level 30: Careful Aim
- Level 45: Natural Mending or whatever suits your needs.
- Level 60: Hunter's Mark
- Level 75: Posthaste or whatever suits your needs.
- Level 90: Lethal Shots
- Level 100: Lock and Load
4. Stat Choices of Marksmanship Hunter
The general single-target stat priority for a Marksmanship Hunter is:
- Critical Strike;
All the stats are very close in value, and item level should be the deciding factor in most gearing decisions. Do not overthink your secondary stats too much, the different is nearly negligible.
5. Basic Rotation
- Cast Rapid Fire on cooldown. Try to use it while below 75 Focus.
- Use Arcane Shot after Aimed Shot to spend the Precise Shots stacks.
- Cast Aimed Shot on cooldown.
- Use Arcane Shot when you are high on Focus, to avoid reaching 100 Focus.
- Use Steady Shot to generate Focus and when there is nothing else to do.
6. Azerite Traits
Azerite Traits play an important role for Marksmanship Hunter. This means you need to decide which Azerite items you should choose. The traits are very close to each other in power, though, so we recommend our Azerite trait page for more details.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth release.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Updated the stat priority.
- MDI 2019 Proving Grounds Begin Next Week!
- Crucible of Storms Raid Testing Rescheduled to February 22nd
- Zandalari Troll Racial Nerfs Coming Soon
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 29418: Class Changes & Highlights
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: February 20th
- Upcoming Windwalker Monk Fists of Fury Change in Patch 8.1.5
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Patch 8.1.5 Allied Races & Faction Change Clarifications
- The Help My DPS Thread
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.1
- Mission Table - Champions Guide
- Transmogrification Demon Hunters
- Fury Warrior needs help
- Fury Warrior 8.1
- Demonology Warlock 8.1
- Galecaller's boon use.