Beast Mastery Hunter Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Beast Mastery Hunter, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands (through Runecarving). Most of these effects have benefits that are specific to your spec, and others work for all Hunter specs. On this page, we will go through the best ones for all types of content. Please refer to our Hunter Legendary Powers page and our Runecarving page for more information about these powers.
Patch 9.2 Unity Legendary and Double Legendaries
Patch 9.2 introduces the Unity, which allows you to attach your Covenant-specific Legendary Power to any slot. This "Unity"-legendary automatically changes its power with your Covenant, and most importantly, it allows you to use a second Legendary Power of your choice, in their usual slots.
Which Stats For Your Legendary for Beast Mastery Hunter
You should generally use either Missive of Critical Strike/ Missive of Versatility, or Missive of Haste/ Missive of Versatility for your Legendary crafts. It is best to simulate your options on Raidbots as the choice will vary between characters.
Which Slot To Craft Legendaries for Beast Mastery Hunter
The introduction of Tier Set Bonuses and the Unity Power makes your slot choice for Legendaries much more important.
Generally speaking, the best slot to craft your Unity Power on will be your Chest or Helm in the long term. However, this requires you to have all 5 Tier Bonus items, as you would otherwise be denying yourself the 4PC Set Bonus by crafting Unity on a Tier Slot (Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, and Legs). For this reason, it is best to craft your Unity on a non-tier item such as Belt or Boots until you have a tier piece combination that lets you craft Unity on Chest or Helm.
For your non-Unity Legendary, your choices are much more limited, and Tier Pieces are usually avoided for this Craft.
Finally, the ideal Legendary Slot is also determined by the Item Level at which you are able to craft it. When your Legendary Item is going to be a higher Item Level than the item it is replacing, it is best to go for "high-budget" items with lots of Agility, while the opposite is true if your Legendary Power is a downgrade in Item Level. In the long term, you should be able to craft it at 291 Item Level, and all our recommendations are based on 291 Item Level Legendary Crafts.
Best Legendary for Beast Mastery Hunter
We are only concerning ourselves with Legendaries that can potentially increase our DPS. It is not currently worth using any non-DPS Legendary for any PvE content.
The best, universal, non-Covenant or Unity Legendary is Rylakstalker's Piercing Fangs. It provides a significant boost to both single-target and AoE damage, with a special benefit to burst, and it has no gameplay impact. This is used in all situations for Kyrian and Necrolord, while it is the second choice for Night Fae and Venthyr. When you have Double Legendaries, it is always used.
- 13 Mar. 2022: Updated Venthyr Legendary slightly.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Updated the best Legendaries, where to craft them, and how this changes based on tier acquisition and more.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 18 Aug. 2021: Updated the Legendary ranking for BM Hunters on single-target.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated the description of the Bag of Munitions as it is simmable now.
- 13 Jul. 2021: Added the Night Fae, Necrolord, and Venthyr Legendaries to the rankings, as they are easily quantifiable.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Added a note that the Pact of the Soulstalkers Legendary stacks.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated the BiS Legendaries and general recommendations for Patch 9.0.5.
- 09 Jan. 2021: Added note about which stats to put on your Legendary Item.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Updated the paragraph about Rylakstalker's Piercing Fangs to make it more clear how it stacks up against Soulforge Embers.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- Shadowlands 9.2 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 10 and 11
- Eyes of the Wolf Calia Menethil Quest in Patch 9.2.5
- Everything We Know About the Shrouded Affix in Shadowlands Season 4
- New Oribos Portals in Patch 9.2.5
- Patch 9.2.5 Build 43741: Achievement Changes
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 17th
- Patch 9.2.5 PTR Development Notes: May 17th