Beast Mastery Hunter Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Beast Mastery Hunter, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands (through Runecarving). Most of these effects have benefits that are specific to your spec, and others work for all Hunter specs. On this page, we will go through the best ones for all types of content. Please refer to our Hunter Legendary Powers page and our Runecarving page for more information about these powers.
Which Stats For Your Legendary for Beast Mastery Hunter
Best Overall Legendary for Beast Mastery Hunter
This is basically our recommendation for which legendary to craft first as a PvE player that does a variety of content. It is simply the best legendary if you could only ever craft one.
However, perfect scenarios are not necessarily very common, and so for a Raiding-focused experience, you should go with Rylakstalker's Piercing Fangs. For Mythic+, however, the burst damage of Soulforge Embers is invaluable. Any seasoned Beast Mastery Hunter should have both.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Beast Mastery Hunter
In this section, we look at the best Raiding Legendaries for us.
- Soulforge Embers has the best single-target and AoE DPS, but it relies on perfect efficiency to be the best for single-target, while Rylakstalker's Piercing Fangs does not. For AoE, it is so good that we recommend it for Mythic+ even if you are not getting perfect use out of it every time.
- Rylakstalker's Piercing Fangs is the best overall alternative to Soulforge Embers, providing equal single-target damage but worse AoE.
- Dire Command is essentially equal with Rylakstalker's Piercing Fangs for pure single-target scenarios, but worse for AoE.
- Flamewaker's Cobra Sting is similar to Dire Command in terms of DPS, being basically just as good for single-target. You should sim these two choices to make your own decision, or simply go with your preference.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Beast Mastery Hunter
This section covers the best Mythic+ and Torghast legendaries. For this evaluation, we are considering a mix of AoE and single-target, but with a bias towards AoE. As you will see, the best AoE legendaries are not necessarily the best Mythic+ legendaries, as you will need to do both at least decently well to be viable in Mythic+.
- Soulforge Embers remains the best legendary. It is even better for Mythic+ than for single-target. If you are serious about Mythic+, you really should not look beyond this one.
- Rylakstalker's Piercing Fangs is the best alternative to Soulforge for AoE.
- The other legendaries for Beast Mastery are almost all single-target focused, making them poor choices for AoE.
Other Legendaries for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Call of the Wild should not really be chosen for any situation. Our cooldowns are not strong enough to justify the Legendary, and they are not strong enough to warrant changing their timings around for almost any fight.
- Nessingwary's Trapping Apparatus is theoretically quite decent and fun to play with, but it is not quite on the level of other legendaries that we tend to recommend, and it also introduces Traps to your rotation which complicates things further. It is not worth the effort, in our opinion.
- Qa'pla, Eredun War Order is not bad, it is just not quite as good as its competition for single-target, and is just as bad for AoE, so it does not really have a place in our recommendations.
- Craven Strategem is an interesting defensive option and might have very niche use cases, but we see it as more of a PvP legendary and it should not be used for PvE.
- Maw Rattle does too low damage to be useful.
- Echo of Eonar is not powerful enough in its proc for it to be considered.
- Judgment of the Arbiter does too low damage to be useful.
- Norgannon's Sagacity is useless for Beast Mastery, as we can cast everything while moving anyway.
- Sephuz's Proclamation is PvP-oriented and not useful for PvE.
- Stable Phantasma Lure is Torghast-specific and not worth considering for general PvE.
- Third Eye of the Jailer can be useful for Mythic+ in the future, but is not worth considering right now.
- Vitality Sacrifice is not worth it in any relevant PvE situation since in open world content, enemies usually hit our pet, and in Raid/Mythic+, they hit our tank.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated the BiS Legendaries and general recommendations for Patch 9.0.5.
- 09 Jan. 2021: Added note about which stats to put on your Legendary Item.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Updated the paragraph about Rylakstalker's Piercing Fangs to make it more clear how it stacks up against Soulforge Embers.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 5: Boss Damage Only Rankings Added
- Player Loots One of the Rarest Item in WoW
- A Different Kind of AFK Story
- WoW Patch Timeline from Vanilla to Shadowlands Patch 9.1
- Potentially Infinite Breath of Sindragosa Bug
- Elwynn Forest Without the Trees
- Covenants Per Spec in Castle Nathria and Mythic+ for Top Players
- Animated Ulna World Quest Up on US Servers!