Beast Mastery Hunter Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Beast Mastery Hunter, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands (through Runecarving). Most of these effects have benefits that are specific to your spec, and others work for all Hunter specs. On this page, we will go through the best ones for all types of content. Please refer to our Hunter Legendary Powers page and our Runecarving page for more information about these powers.
Best Overall Legendary for Beast Mastery Hunter
This is basically our recommendation for which legendary to craft first as a PvE player that does a variety of content. It is simply the best legendary if you could only ever craft one.
Soulforge Embers is by far the best overall legendary for Beast Mastery Hunters. It has the best single-target and AoE potential by a decent margin, even with imperfect usage.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Beast Mastery Hunter
In this section, we look at the best Raiding legendaries for us.
- Soulforge Embers is the best choice by far, but a lot of people dislike the playstyle that it forces, so you can look below for some alternatives. Keep in mind that even the best alternatives are over 2-3% behind Soulforge.
- Rylakstalker's Piercing Fangs is very slightly inferior to other Soulforge alternatives for single-target, but it is a lot better for Mythic+/AoE scenarios and is just more flexible overall, so we recommend this as an "overall" legendary alternative to Soulforge Embers. To be clear, it is not better than Soulforge Embers for any scenario, but it is better than the other alternatives.
- Dire Command is a solid secondary choice for single-target and should be chosen for Raiding situations if you do not want to use Soulforge Embers.
- Flamewaker's Cobra Sting is similar to Dire Command in terms of DPS, being basically just as good for single-target. You should sim these two choices to make your own decision, or simply go with your preference.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Beast Mastery Hunter
This section covers the best Mythic+ and Torghast legendaries. For this evaluation, we are considering a mix of AoE and single-target, but with a bias towards AoE. As you will see, the best AoE legendaries are not necessarily the best Mythic+ legendaries, as you will need to do both at least decently well to be viable in Mythic+.
- Soulforge Embers remains the best legendary. It is even better for Mythic+ than for single-target. If you are serious about Mythic+, you really should not look beyond this one.
- Rylakstalker's Piercing Fangs is the best alternative to Soulforge for AoE.
- The other legendaries for Beast Mastery are almost all single-target focused, making them poor choices for AoE.
Other Legendaries for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Call of the Wild should not really be chosen for any situation. Our cooldowns are not strong enough to justify the Legendary, and they are not strong enough to warrant changing their timings around for almost any fight.
- Nessingwary's Trapping Apparatus is theoretically quite decent and fun to play with, but it is not quite on the level of other legendaries that we tend to recommend, and it also introduces Traps to your rotation which complicates things further. It is not worth the effort, in our opinion.
- Qa'pla, Eredun War Order is not bad, it is just not quite as good as its competition for single-target, and is just as bad for AoE, so it does not really have a place in our recommendations.
- Craven Strategem is an interesting defensive option and might have very niche use cases, but we see it as more of a PvP legendary and it should not be used for PvE.
- Maw Rattle does too low damage to be useful.
- Echo of Eonar is not powerful enough in its proc for it to be considered.
- Judgment of the Arbiter does too low damage to be useful.
- Norgannon's Sagacity is useless for Beast Mastery, as we can cast everything while moving anyway.
- Sephuz's Proclamation is PvP-oriented and not useful for PvE.
- Stable Phantasma Lure is Torghast-specific and not worth considering for general PvE.
- Third Eye of the Jailer can be useful for Mythic+ in the future, but is not worth considering right now.
- Vitality Sacrifice is not worth it in any relevant PvE situation since in open world content, enemies usually hit our pet, and in Raid/Mythic+, they hit our tank.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Server Stability and Queuing Issues (Official)
- WARNING: Issues with Covenant Switching
- Inky Black Shadowlands Look Amazing Too!
- Silverwind Larion Secret Mount Found + Guide
- All Covenant-related Mounts List/Image
- Official New Player Adventure Trailer + Timewalking Campaigns Post
- Final List of the Most Popular Tanks and Healers for Mythic+ in the Shadowlands Pre-Patch: Week 6
- Unintended 10% Damage Boost in Raids