Marksmanship Hunter DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Marksmanship Hunter, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.7.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Marksmanship Hunter gems and enchants.
Dragonflight Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Marksmanship Hunter
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and flasks to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Marksmanship Hunter, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
Onyx Annulet and Primordial Gemstones for Marksmanship Hunter
Patch 10.0.7 introduces the Onyx Annulet, a special Ring with unique sockets that can only be filled by Primordial Gemstones, unique gems with special effects, but no secondary stats. The ring itself has no secondary stats either.
Below, we have ranked the best Primordial Gemstone combinations to use.
Best Primordial Gemstones for Marksmanship Hunter
Note that we are not completely certain that the double-dipping effect between Prophetic Twilight Stone and Desirous Blood Stone is intended. If they nerf this, it could change the recommendation in the future.
As you can see, there is not a ton of variation among the best Primordial Gems, but this is largely because all of them are very similar in their function, with nearly all of them being variations on the theme of "press buttons, and have a chance to do extra damage".
For this reason, there are many other Primordial Gemstones that you can use for only a small DPS loss than the ones listed above.
As always, these things are extremely dependent on your gear, item level, and the item levels of the various gems if they vary for you, and you should always sim yourself on Raidbots to learn the optimal gems for your character.
Best Dragonflight Gems for Marksmanship Hunter
We highly recommend using Raidbots to sim your character's ideal gems and enchants, as they might differ from our general recommendations.
You should use one Skillful Illimited Diamond in an item you are unlikely to replace, and then Sensei's Neltharite in all other sockets.
Best Dragonflight Enchants for Marksmanship Hunter
Profession Consumable Ranks
As part of Dragonflight's overhaul of Professions, many crafted items and consumables may have multiple ranks of quality that impact their effects. For consumables, there are potentially three ranks of an item that may be used, with Rank 3 items (shown as item level 415 in-game and with three gold stars) providing the most powerful bonuses. However, higher quality consumables will generally be more expensive and not always necessary depending on the content you are doing. You should be willing to use whatever rank of an item is most within your budget, and save higher-quality consumables for content where you will really need the extra boost!
If you would like to learn more about quality ranks on profession items, or the overhaul to professions as a whole, please see our overview below.
Best Dragonflight Consumables for Marksmanship Hunter
Best Flask and Phial for Marksmanship Hunter
The best Flask is a slightly complicated topic.
- Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage is the best DPS by around 2-3% in most scenarios. However, it deals hefty damage to yourself and can kill you in certain scenarios. You should not use this if it puts you in danger, as a dead DPS deals no DPS! You should also know that you lose the DPS benefits of the Phial for 15 seconds when you take your health pool in damage. You only need 50% uptime on the beneficial effect for this Phial to be top DPS. Still, you will need even higher uptime than this to justify its defensive drawbacks.
- Phial of Tepid Versatility is the best choice when the Iced Phial deals too much damage to be worth it or has too low uptime.
- Phial of Elemental Chaos does similar DPS to Tepid Versatility but does not have the defensive benefits. I will always prefer Tepid for this reason.
- Phial of Static Empowerment and Phial of Charged Isolation are the best on paper but highly dependent on their uptime. You need at least 80% uptime to beat out all other options. This is very rare.
Overall, your best single-target option is Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage as it provides the best DPS in realistic scenarios. Just be aware of the damage penalty and keep some Phial of Elemental Chaos/ Phial of Tepid Versatility on hand.
Best Potion for Marksmanship Hunter
Your potion should be Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power.
Warlock Healthstones and Refreshing Healing Potion should be used when at low health.
Best Food for Marksmanship
You should eat the 76 Agility feasts Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak/ Hoard of Draconic Delicacies, or the Fated Fortune Cookie when available. Otherwise, eat the 67 Crit/Mastery food, Thousandbone Tongueslicer.
In addition, if you can afford it, you should use Draconic Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 23 Mar. 2023: Yet another update to the recommended Gemstones based on a slew of hotfixes.
- 23 Mar. 2023: Updated the recommended Gemstones after sim updates, and the discovery of a new, powerful combination.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated the Onyx Annulet Information in light of the March 21st buff.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 04 Jan. 2023: Updated the recommended Phial.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated the recommendation and description of the optimal Flasks/Phials.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Hunter Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- PvP Play with the Blues on the 10.1 PTR: March 31st
- Aberrus Raid Testing Schedule: March 30 - April 28
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 28th
- Upcoming 10.1 PTR Changes to Class Tier Sets: March 28th
- Dragonflight 10.1, Season 2 New and Removed Mythic+ Affixes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Development Notes, March 28th: Old Mythic+ Affixes Removed, New Ones Added
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1