Restoration Druid Healing Macros and Addons — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Restoration Druid in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1.1. Generic Macros for Druids
- #showtooltip Rebirth
- /cast [@mouseover,help]Rebirth;Rebirth
This macro casts Rebirth on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player. Otherwise, it casts Rebirth on your current target.
1.1.2. Shapeshift forms
- #showtooltip Bear Form
- /cast [noform:1] Bear Form
- #showtooltip Cat Form
- /cast [noform:2] Cat Form
- #showtooltip Travel Form
- /cast [noform:3] Travel Form
- #showtooltip Incarnation: Tree of Life
- /cast !Incarnation: Tree of Life
These macros will shift you into a corresponding form. Spamming the button will not put you out of the forms.
1.1.3. Canceling forms
This macro will shift you out of any current form.
1.2. Specific Macros for Restoration Druids
1.2.1. Mouseover Macros
Unless you are using a specific addon that will perform the same function, for all your healing and utility spells, we advise you to use mouseover macros such as:
- /cast [@mouseover] Rejuvenation;Rejuvenation
2.1. Healer Stat Weights
HSW (Healer Stat Weights) is an addon that will give you personalised stat weights for the content you are doing. You will need to do a boss or complete a dungeon run for it to show anything, since the calculations are based on your healing, they are not simulated in the way DPS specialisations approach this problem. Keep in mind, that the weights you receive will not show you the value of stats for everything. Dungeons and even each different boss will have highly varying values, depending on talents, your playstyle and various other factors. It is recommended to use weights from one boss only on that one boss and have a separate weight for dungeons for the most accurate results.
HSW has an option to export weights to Pawn. Updating them regularly will make your gearing decisions much easier.
2.2. Raid Frames
To perform well as a Restoration Druid, you will need to see more HoTs on players in the group than the standard interface allows. There are multiple addons that will change your raid frames that you could use, pick any one of them:
In case you do not want to use a different raid frame addon, BigDebuffs expands the functionality of Blizzard raid frames.
To complement Grid2, ElvUI and BigDebuffs, you should either make mouseover macros as shown above or install Clique.
2.3. Boss Mods
WeakAuras is without a doubt the most powerful addon that can perform almost any task. There are a lot of readily available WeakAuras on wago.io that will help you track procs, cooldowns, buffs, and debuffs.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Added Healer Stat Weights addon.
- Tides of Vengeance Live Developer Q&A Roundup: December 14th
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 13th
- New Store Fox Mount: Vulpine Familiar
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 12th
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #31
- New Food in Patch 8.1
- Artifact Power Catchup Disabled Until January 22nd
- Item Level 385 Crafted Gear Now Requires the Profession to Equip in Patch 8.1
- Bilescourge Bombers better than Demonic Strange?
- Fury Warrior 8.0.1
- Marksmanship Hunter PvP 7.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Top 3 BfA addons must have
- 5 year absence (Oct. 2013) needs help getting back right. Holy/Ret
- Holy Paladin 8.0.1