The following hub contains an overview of all new currencies added to the game in the Shadowlands expansion.
It is relatively simple to lose track of new currencies whenever a new expansion is released due to their sheer number, and this guide aims to provide concise information on all currencies added in the Shadowlands and beyond.
Pre-Expansion Event Currency
- Argent Commendation: The Commendations can be obtained in Icecrown during the Shadowlands pre-expansion event and can be exchanged for various rewards, including a battle pet, and catch-up gear in Orgrimmar/Stormwind.
- Honor: Used to purchase Unrated PvP gear in Oribos and to upgrade Rated and Unrated PvP gear.
- Conquest: Earned from Rated PvP activities. Spend to acquire equipment in Oribos.
- Freed Soul: The currency comes from The Maw and is used to advance aspects of your Covenant Sanctum.
- Phantasma: The currency is obtained from killing monsters and completing objectives in Torghast. Can be exchanged for Anima Powers and only works inside the Tower of the Damned. Leaving Torghast destroys all Phantasma.
- Soul Ash: A raw source of power found within Torghast necessary for crafting Legendary Armor in Shadowlands.
- Infused Ruby": Used to power shrines and devices that run on anima in Revendreth. With the drought various dredgers have begun trading goods for them as well.
- Medallion of Service: A mark of service to Bastion. The currency is required to enter the Path of Ascension.
- Renown: Increases the amount of trust your character has earned within the Covenant. Renown is capped weekly and you will unlock various rewards upon reaching certain levels.
- Reservoir Anima: A measure of the anima your Covenant has at its disposal.
- Sinstone Fragments: Archivist Fane can use these to recreate Inquisitor Sinstones, which will allow you to hunt Inquisitors in the Halls of Atonement.
- Stygia: The byproduct of the violent destruction of a Soul within The Maw. The currency drops from mobs and completing various activities. Can be exchanged for various goods at Ve'nari's Refuge.
- 22 Nov. 2020: Updated for release.
- 04 Oct. 2020: Page added.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 5: Boss Damage Only Rankings Added
- Player Loots One of the Rarest Item in WoW
- A Different Kind of AFK Story
- WoW Patch Timeline from Vanilla to Shadowlands Patch 9.1
- Potentially Infinite Breath of Sindragosa Bug
- Elwynn Forest Without the Trees
- Covenants Per Spec in Castle Nathria and Mythic+ for Top Players
- Animated Ulna World Quest Up on US Servers!