What's Coming in the Shadowlands Pre-Patch: A Complete Overview
On this page, we recap everything that is coming in the Shadowlands pre-patch.
Shadowlands Pre-Patch Release Date
The Shadowlands pre-patch will go live a few weeks before the release of the new expansion, which is currently slated for October 26, 2020. The official release date for the pre-patch has not been revealed yet.
The Shadowlands pre-patch event consists of two weeks of content. We will not go into detail to avoid spoilers, but you can check out our PTR recaps of both weeks before we have a proper guide up.
Here are the new requirements for Allied Races in Patch 9.0.1:
- Dark Iron Dwarves — Earn Ready for War.
- Highmountain Tauren — Earn Ain't No Mountain High Enough.
- Kul Tiran Humans — Complete the Tides of Vengeance War Campaign and earn A Nation United.
- Lightforged Draenei — Earn You Are Now Prepared!.
- Mag'har Orcs — Earn Ready for War.
- Mechagnomes — Earn The Mechagonian Threat.
- Nightborne — Earn Insurrection.
- Void Elves — Earn You Are Now Prepared!.
- Vulpera — Earn Secrets in the Sands.
- Zandalari Trolls — Complete the Tides of Vengeance War Campaign and earn Zandalar Forever!.
Allied Race Heritage Armor sets now require reaching Level 50.
All the core-class updates will go live in the Shadowlands pre-patch. We are keeping track of all class changes throughout Alpha and Beta testing, and we have listed links to the individual class changes below.
You can simply buy How to School Your Serpent from the Order of the Cloud Serpent Quartermaster at Exalted reputation standing.
All numbers in the game have been squished. The squish includes damage, healing, stats, item level, and character levels.
Here is a rundown of the most important leveling changes in Patch 9.0.1:
- Level 120 characters are now 50. Lower level characters have been reduced proportionally.
- leveling is now much faster, and so Heirlooms no longer provide Experience bonuses, but different perks instead.
- Exile's Reach, the new player experience is now available for new players.
- Veteran players can talk to Chromie in Stormwind and Orgrimmar to pick an expansion for leveling in the 10-50 range.
- Leveling potions will no longer offer Experience bonuses, except for Draught of Ten Lands.
- Death Knights will start at Level 8 and Demon Hunters at Level 10 in the pre-patch.
A new mentor system allows knowledgeable players who want to help newcomers as they learn the game. As a Guide, your main role will be to answer questions in the Newcomer Chat channel. You will be marked with a special icon in the world so that Newcomers will be able to recognize you, and vice versa.
You must meet the following requirements to become a Guide.
- Reach Level 50.
- Earn the 3000 Quests Completed achievement.
- Earn 2 out of the following achievements — Terrific Trio, The Waking Dream, and We Have the Technology.
- Dozens of new customization options are available for existing races.
- Blizzard has greatly improved the customization option screen. The individual colors of the options can now be previewed directly by hovering over them in the dropdown.
- You can change your gender at the Barber Shop.
- Druids can customize their forms independently at the Barber Shop. The appearances include glyph options and if you obtained Fandral's Flamescythe, you can select the fire cat appearance for your Cat Form.
- Worgen can now customize their Human and Worgen forms separately.
- Players have new options and availability for transmogrification of their Legion Artifacts. You can use the appearances regardless of your specialization, dual-wield the same weapons, or use main-hand and off-hand Artifact appearances independently.
- Wands can be transmogrified into other weapon types .
User Interface Updates
Blizzard has completely overhauled the character creation and customization screen. They also added a new 3D Indicator of Tracked Quest Objectives to reduce bringing up the map in the game.
Character Creation Screen
- Each class now wears a set, and new spell animations were added for all classes on the character creation screen.
- If you hover over an unavailable class, the races you must pick to play that class will be highlighted.
3D Indicator of Tracked Quest Objectives
- The 3D Indicator of Tracked Quest Objectives of tracked quest objective locations is now available, which aims to reduce the need to bring up the map when navigating the world and help more clearly identify when an objective is above or below you.
- You can set a personal waypoint on the map and share that pin in chat channels.
- The quest interface now better distinguishes major quests that are required to advance the narrative from optional side quests that tell more localized stories.
- 01 Sep. 2020: Page added.
- Hunter Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Shaman Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warlock Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Mage Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Death Knight Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warrior Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Demon Hunter Covenant Ability Tuning: September 23rd
- Significant Monk Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd