Socrethar the Eternal LFR Guide - Bastion of Shadows (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
The fight against Socrethar the Eternal is a two-phase fight where the two phases alternate back and forth, and during which one of your tanks will sometimes have to control the Soulbound Construct.
This short guide will provide you with all the necessary information to succeed in the Looking for Raid version of the fight. We divide the tasks that need to be complete by roles (tank, healer, and DPS), so you can check only the section that is relevant to you. Be sure to check out our detailed guide for more information about the Normal, Heroic, and Mythic versions.
Note that on this page, we only list those tasks that you must complete in order to defeat the encounter. This means that several abilities are left out on purpose, because they are not problematic enough in LFR to justify worrying about. In general, however, you should always make sure to move out of damaging ground effects, and to interrupt any spell casts you can.
- During Phase One, perform a tank switch on the Soulbound Construct when the Shattered Defenses debuff stacks too high.
- During Phase Two, have one tank handle all of the mobs, while the other tank takes control of the Soulbound Construct (by clicking it) when it is brought to 0 health. This tank must keep the Construct away from the Haunting Souls, and use the Construct's abilities as follows:
- During Phase Two, dispel Shadow Word: Agony from the Sargerei Shadowcaller's current tank when it reaches too many stacks.
- If targeted with Gift of the Man'ari, stand 8 yards away from others until the debuff expires.
Melee and Ranged DPS
- A New Tradition: Celebrate a Change of Seasons With a Tree Gathering
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290 Class Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 23rd
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 23rd
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 11
- Rogue Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)
- Priest Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)
- Holy Paladin PvP 9.0.5
- Patch 9.1.5 Hub
- PvP Arena Tier List
- Restoration Druid Shadowlands
- Survival Hunter Leveling
- The Avowed
- Great Vault
- Marksmanship Hunter Shadowlands