Curse of Naxxramas Shaman Class Challenge Guide
Table of Contents
The Shaman Challenge that was introduced in the Curse of Naxxramas adventure has you use a fixed deck (provided by the game) to defeat the Normal mode of the Gothik the Harvester encounter.
To begin with, you should check out our video to get an idea of the fight: we show you how we completed the challenge and how to manage your deck's cards. Then, you can read about the deck you are provided with and the deck of your opponent, before learning a few tips that will help ensure your victory.
Tips and Tricks
Gothik's most problematic ability in this fight will be his Unrelenting Trainees, Unrelenting Warriors, and Unrelenting Riders which, on dying, spawn Spectral Trainees, Spectral Warriors, and Spectral Riders respectively on your side of the board. These minions have no innate attack value, and deal 1 damage to your Hero each turn.
The easiest way to handle these Spectral minions is by using the Flametongue Totems and the Defender of Argus present in your deck, which allow you to grant these minions attack value, and thus attack with them and get them killed off. This can also be accomplished by using Rockbiter Weapon. If truly desperate (which is unlikely, but possible), you can Hex them yourself to prevent them dealing any more damage.
You can also fill your board with minions before killing off the Unrelenting minions. It will prevent the respective Spectral minions from spawning. This is particularly effective against the Unrelenting Riders, whose Spectral Riders can be especially hard to deal with.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- Runestones - an accounting error?
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Dalaran Heist Priest Guide
- Battlegrounds Patches the Pirate
- Battlegrounds Vanndar Stormpike