Curse of Naxxramas Shaman Class Challenge Guide
Table of Contents
The Shaman Challenge that was introduced in the Curse of Naxxramas adventure has you use a fixed deck (provided by the game) to defeat the Normal mode of the Gothik the Harvester encounter.
To begin with, you should check out our video to get an idea of the fight: we show you how we completed the challenge and how to manage your deck's cards. Then, you can read about the deck you are provided with and the deck of your opponent, before learning a few tips that will help ensure your victory.
Tips and Tricks
Gothik's most problematic ability in this fight will be his Unrelenting Trainees, Unrelenting Warriors, and Unrelenting Riders which, on dying, spawn Spectral Trainees, Spectral Warriors, and Spectral Riders respectively on your side of the board. These minions have no innate attack value, and deal 1 damage to your Hero each turn.
The easiest way to handle these Spectral minions is by using the Flametongue Totems and the Defender of Argus present in your deck, which allow you to grant these minions attack value, and thus attack with them and get them killed off. This can also be accomplished by using Rockbiter Weapon. If truly desperate (which is unlikely, but possible), you can Hex them yourself to prevent them dealing any more damage.
You can also fill your board with minions before killing off the Unrelenting minions. It will prevent the respective Spectral minions from spawning. This is particularly effective against the Unrelenting Riders, whose Spectral Riders can be especially hard to deal with.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2020 Earnings Call
- Will Blizzard Launch a New Title at BlizzConline?
- BlizzConLine 2021 Official Preview and Trailer
- BlizzConline Celebration Bundles in the Shop!
- What to Expect from Blizzconline 2021? (Predictions)
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Prince Arthas Boss Guide
- Pull of the Day
- Mozaki OTK Mage
- Lifesteal OTK Demon Hunter
- Aggro Tempo Mage
- Save quest turn-ins?
- Prime Quest Warlock