Grobbulus Guide for the Curse of Naxxramas
Table of Contents
- 1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
- 2. Video
- +3. Strategy and Deck Building
Grobbulus is the second boss of the Construct Quarter, the fourth wing of the Curse of Naxxramas. Most of the information in this guide is aimed at Heroic mode, but everything presented here can also be helpful to defeat the Normal mode of the boss.
1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Hero Power||Poison Cloud costs 2 mana and deals 1 damage to all minions, summoning a 2/2 Fallout Slime for every minion that dies.||Poison Cloud is on auto cast (it costs 0 mana) and deals 2 damage to all enemies (your Hero included), summoning a 2/2 Fallout Slime for every minion that dies.|
We put up a video on Youtube to show you how to defeat Grobbulus.
3. Strategy and Deck Building
When building a deck to beat Grobbulus, your main focus will be dealing with his board and ensuring that his Poison Cloud does not provide him with additional value. In order to counter this mechanic, you should avoid playing weak minions, as they will spawn a Slime if taken out by Grobbulus' Hero Power.
The easiest way of defeating Grobbulus is to play a Freeze Mage deck with few minions and simply control the board until you are ready to bring him low with Alexstrasza and go for the kill.
Alternatively you can play minions with high value and further increase their value with buffs. Druids can use Mark of the Wild and Mark of Nature, while Priests can create amazing synergies with Divine Spirit and Inner Fire.
Regardless of your approach, having strong board control is the key to victory.
To help you beat Grobbulus, we created the three decks presented below. You can also get some inspiration from them to create decks for other classes.
3.1. Druid Grobbulus Deck
|Druid Cards||Neutral Cards|
3.2. Mage Grobbulus Deck
|Mage Cards||Neutral Cards|
3.3. Priest Grobbulus Deck
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Frost Festival Is Upon Us!
- The Lich King Opens Up an Ice Cream Shop [Video]
- Ben Brode AMA Summary: July 14
- Tavern Brawl: Clash of the Minions
- The Lich King Is Back, but not Good Enough [Video]
- Frost Festival: Free Arena Run & KOTF Packs
- HoF Discussions
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???
- Taunt Quest Warrior Deck List