Heigan the Unclean Guide for the Curse of Naxxramas
Table of Contents
- 1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
- 2. Video
- +3. Strategy and Deck Building
Heigan the Unclean is the second boss of the Plague Quarter, the second wing of the Curse of Naxxramas. Most of the information in this guide is aimed at Heroic mode, because the Normal mode of the boss can be defeated using basic decks (such as the ones we have here on Icy Veins).
While most of the information here is mostly aimed at Heroic mode, it will also greatly help you for Normal mode.
1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Hero Power||Eruption costs 1 mana and deals 2 damage to your left-most minion on the board.||Eruption is on auto cast (it costs 0 mana) and deals 3 damage to your left-most minion on the board.|
|Extra||In addition to the 4 Voidcallers in Heigan's deck, there is 1 Voidcaller already on the board when the game starts.|
We put up a video on Youtube to show you how to defeat Heigan.
3. Strategy and Deck Building
The difficulty of the Heroic mode comes from Heigan's Hero Power and immediate board presence, as he starts with a Voidcaller already on the board. This puts you under a great deal of pressure and makes it rather difficult to establish early board control.
When building a deck to beat Heigan, you should keep Eruption in mind and avoid playing minions that will cause card disadvantage when taken out by his Hero Power. Generally, you can easily counter the entire mechanic by buffing up a Stoneskin Gargoyle and soaking up all the damage. Nerubian Egg is another excellent counter card for Eruption.
To help you beat Heigan, we created the three decks presented below. You can also get some inspiration from them to create decks for other classes.
3.1. Easy Heroic Mage Deck
|Mage Cards||Neutral Cards|
3.2. Easy Heroic Priest Deck
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
3.3. Easy Heroic Warlock Deck
|Warlock Cards||Neutral Cards|
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Odd & Even Hearthside Chat with 4 Cards Revealed
- Patch 10.4: Arena Changes & The Witchwood Pre-Order
- "The Witchwood" Announced As Latest Hearthstone Expansion
- Icy Veins Class Writer Applications Closing Soon
- What's the Move #18 - Figuring out Fatigue
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #11
- Patch 10.4 Bringing Big Changes, Blizzcon Cards To The Arena
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- Help me build this warrior
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard
- New player looking for deck building advice please