Maexxna Guide for the Curse of Naxxramas
Table of Contents
- 1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
- 2. Video
- +3. Strategy and Deck Building
Maexxna is the third and final boss of the Arachnid Quarter, the first wing of the Curse of Naxxramas. Most of the information in this guide is aimed at Heroic mode, because the Normal mode of the boss can be defeated using basic decks (such as the ones we have here on Icy Veins).
While most of the information here is mostly aimed at Heroic mode, it will also greatly help you for Normal mode.
Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Hero Power||costs 3 mana and returns a random minion to your hand.||is on auto cast (it costs 0 mana) and returns 2 random minions to your hand.|
|Extra||In addition to the 6x Haunted Creepers in her deck, she starts with 2 Haunted Creepers already on the board.|
We put up a video on Youtube to show you how to defeat Maexxna.
Strategy and Deck Building
When building a deck to beat Maexxna, you will have to deal with her Hero Power and, in Heroic mode, with the initial pressure created by the 2 Haunted Creepers. Since she will keep returning your minions to your hand, you can take advantage of her Hero Power by relying heavily on minions with Battlecry and/or Charge:
- Novice Engineer and Coldlight Oracle can provide card advantage;
- and can provide healing;
- Alexstrasza can heal you back to 15 health each turn as well as bring Maexxna from 45 to 15 health;
- can provide AoE damage should you play a spell heavy deck;
Since you can only have 7 minions on the board at any time, Maexxna can also be easily defeated by allowing her to expand on the board with weak minions and simply outheal the damage with your Battlecry minions.
To help you beat Maexxna, we created the three decks presented below. You can also get some inspiration from them to create decks for other classes.
Easy Hunter Deck
|Hunter Cards||Neutral Cards|
Easy Mage Deck
|Mage Cards||Neutral Cards|
Easy Paladin Deck
|Paladin Cards||Neutral Cards|
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- BlizzCon 2023 Broadcast Schedule
- Standard Tier List
- Battlegrounds Special Cards
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck