Curse of Naxxramas Warlock Class Challenge Guide
Table of Contents
The Warlock Challenge that was introduced in the Curse of Naxxramas adventure has you use a fixed deck (provided by the game) to defeat the Normal mode of the Four Horsemen encounter.
To begin with, you should check out our video to get an idea of the fight: we show you how we completed the challenge and how to manage your deck's cards. Then, you can read about the deck you are provided with and the deck of your opponent, before learning a few tips that will help ensure your victory.
Tips and Tricks
In order to be able to damage and kill Baron Rivendare (the main horseman), thus defeating the encounter, the other 3 horsemen (present on the board as 1/7 minions from the start of the fight) must be killed first.
The Warlock deck that you are given has a lot of damage-dealing spells (such as Soulfire, Demonfire, and Drain Life), as well as Doomguards that can also deal a lot of damage quickly. It is important to kill off the 3 horsemen that are on the board as quickly as possible, before Rivendare has time to buff them. Simply use any of the cards you draw (and do not be afraid to use your Hero Power to draw more cards, unless your health is low) to put as much pressure on these minions as possible.
As you can see, your deck has 6 Voidcallers. You need to make extensive use of them to put more expensive demons on the board, such as Xavius or Lord Jaraxxus. Also, Void callers can put other demons on the board, such as Felguards and Doomguards, without triggering their battlecry.
Rivendare will use Secrets such as Avenge and Redemption to protect the other horsemen, but there is no reliable way to get these secrets to be wasted, since no other minions are played throughout the encounter (Rivendare only has spells in his deck).
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- Runestones - an accounting error?
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Dalaran Heist Priest Guide
- Battlegrounds Patches the Pirate
- Battlegrounds Vanndar Stormpike