Curse of Naxxramas Paladin Class Challenge Guide
Table of Contents
The Paladin Challenge that was introduced in the Curse of Naxxramas adventure has you use a fixed deck (provided by the game) to defeat the Normal mode of the Kel'Thuzad encounter.
To begin with, you should check out our video to get an idea of the fight: we show you how we completed the challenge and how to manage your deck's cards. Then, you can read about the deck you are provided with and the deck of your opponent, before learning a few tips that will help ensure your victory.
Tips and Tricks
When Kel'Thuzad's armor is destroyed, he enters "Phase Two". He instantly ends your turn, upgrades his Hero Power to Chains, and summons two 3/3 minions with Taunt (Guardian of Icecrown). This is the only difficult part of the fight, and the one that your strategy should revolve around.
What this means in practice is that you should not transition Kel'Thuzad until you are in a stable position, meaning that his board is weak and yours is strong. Likewise, if your entire board is frozen solid, it is probably better to delay Phase Two a bit.
Once Kel'Thuzad does enter Phase Two, he will rarely use his Hero Power, because he always prioritises using his cards over it. At this point, you should take out his Taunt minions and then finish him off just as you would any other opponent.
- 24 Aug. 2015: Updated paladin decks, as it was changed at an unknown date.
- Introducing Icy Wiki
- Diablo 2 4K60 Upscaled Gameplay: 4 Acts Sorceress
- Activision Blizzard CFO Optimistic About Diablo Immortal
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2020 Financial Report
- Old Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction Trailer Upscaled to 4K
- Blizzard at Gamescom 2020
- New Very Funny Diablo 2 Carbot Animations Series: Diablols 2
- Diablo 2 Retrospective
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Soul Demon Hunter
- Illidan Stormrage
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Zoo Warlock
- Lady Vashj
- Basic Priest Deck
- OTK Miracle Mage Deck - Scholomance Academy August 2020 - Dog's Legend