Curse of Naxxramas Paladin Class Challenge Guide
Table of Contents
The Paladin Challenge that was introduced in the Curse of Naxxramas adventure has you use a fixed deck (provided by the game) to defeat the Normal mode of the Kel'Thuzad encounter.
To begin with, you should check out our video to get an idea of the fight: we show you how we completed the challenge and how to manage your deck's cards. Then, you can read about the deck you are provided with and the deck of your opponent, before learning a few tips that will help ensure your victory.
Tips and Tricks
When Kel'Thuzad's armor is destroyed, he enters "Phase Two". He instantly ends your turn, upgrades his Hero Power to Chains, and summons two 3/3 minions with Taunt (Guardian of Icecrown). This is the only difficult part of the fight, and the one that your strategy should revolve around.
What this means in practice is that you should not transition Kel'Thuzad until you are in a stable position, meaning that his board is weak and yours is strong. Likewise, if your entire board is frozen solid, it is probably better to delay Phase Two a bit.
Once Kel'Thuzad does enter Phase Two, he will rarely use his Hero Power, because he always prioritises using his cards over it. At this point, you should take out his Taunt minions and then finish him off just as you would any other opponent.
- 24 Aug. 2015: Updated paladin decks, as it was changed at an unknown date.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- Runestones - an accounting error?
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Dalaran Heist Priest Guide
- Battlegrounds Patches the Pirate
- Battlegrounds Vanndar Stormpike