Curse of Naxxramas Paladin Class Challenge Guide
Table of Contents
The Paladin Challenge that was introduced in the Curse of Naxxramas adventure has you use a fixed deck (provided by the game) to defeat the Normal mode of the Kel'Thuzad encounter.
To begin with, you should check out our video to get an idea of the fight: we show you how we completed the challenge and how to manage your deck's cards. Then, you can read about the deck you are provided with and the deck of your opponent, before learning a few tips that will help ensure your victory.
Tips and Tricks
When Kel'Thuzad's armor is destroyed, he enters "Phase Two". He instantly ends your turn, upgrades his Hero Power to, and summons two 3/3 minions with Taunt ( ). This is the only difficult part of the fight, and the one that your strategy should revolve around.
What this means in practice is that you should not transition Kel'Thuzad until you are in a stable position, meaning that his board is weak and yours is strong. Likewise, if your entire board is frozen solid, it is probably better to delay Phase Two a bit.
Once Kel'Thuzad does enter Phase Two, he will rarely use his Hero Power, because he always prioritises using his cards over it. At this point, you should take out his Taunt minions and then finish him off just as you would any other opponent.
- 24 Aug. 2015: Updated paladin decks, as it was changed at an unknown date.
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Launching Log Reviews for WoW PvE & Diablo 3 Character Reviews
- Battle.net Game Deals: Shadowlands 30% Off
- (Updated) Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Expanded
- Blizzard Co-Leader Mike Ybarra Streaming, Comments on AoE Cap and Offers to Play FF14
- Introducing Icy Veins Masterclass
- High Profile Departures Amid Lawsuit
- Ex-Community Manager Nevalistis Talks About Her Experience at Blizzard
- The Lich King
- Handbuff Paladin Deck - United in Stormwind
- Hearthstone Chess
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Shadow Priest Deck
- Classic Tier List
- Questline Warlock Deck
- Pirate Questline Warrior