Curse of Naxxramas Paladin Class Challenge Guide
Table of Contents
The Paladin Challenge that was introduced in the Curse of Naxxramas adventure has you use a fixed deck (provided by the game) to defeat the Normal mode of the Kel'Thuzad encounter.
To begin with, you should check out our video to get an idea of the fight: we show you how we completed the challenge and how to manage your deck's cards. Then, you can read about the deck you are provided with and the deck of your opponent, before learning a few tips that will help ensure your victory.
Tips and Tricks
When Kel'Thuzad's armor is destroyed, he enters "Phase Two". He instantly ends your turn, upgrades his Hero Power to, and summons two 3/3 minions with Taunt ( ). This is the only difficult part of the fight, and the one that your strategy should revolve around.
What this means in practice is that you should not transition Kel'Thuzad until you are in a stable position, meaning that his board is weak and yours is strong. Likewise, if your entire board is frozen solid, it is probably better to delay Phase Two a bit.
Once Kel'Thuzad does enter Phase Two, he will rarely use his Hero Power, because he always prioritises using his cards over it. At this point, you should take out his Taunt minions and then finish him off just as you would any other opponent.
- 24 Aug. 2015: Updated paladin decks, as it was changed at an unknown date.
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2021 Earnings Call
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Hmm.. world first?
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Houndmaster Monster Hunter
- Hearthstone Gold Guide
- Classic Midrange Combo Druid Deck
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge