King Togwaggle Dungeon Run Guide
King Togwaggle is one of the five possible final bosses available on the level 8 of the Kobolds and Catacombs Dungeon Run.
1. Hero Power
King Togwaggle starts the fight with 2 Mana, enabling the Magic Candle Hero Power to be cast for 3 Mana at the beginning of the first turn. The Hero Power provides the boss a copy of a random Treasure card, which are the same as those offered to the player periodically throughout the Dungeon Run. The sheer strength of these cards means the boss can snowball out of control very quickly.
The Boss deck mostly consists of unspectacular Kobold cards as well as many cards from the Rogue class such as Eviscerate. However, this is largely irrelevant as the boss primarily relies on playing the many Treasure cards that it generates from its Hero Power each turn.
Due to the large discrepancy in strength between Treasure cards, the boss has the potential to end the game very quickly if it manages to get hold of and early treasure like Boots of Haste or Bag of Coins, so it is in your best interest to in the game as quickly as possible to prevent this from happening.
The boss has a very high priority for casting Magic Candle and will often waste the first couple of turns doing so, which provides a little breathing room at the start of the fight. You should use this time to develop the strongest board possible to enable you to start dealing damage to the boss . The random nature of treasures means it is possible to have your board cleared by either THE CANDLE or Wand of Disintegration, however the urgency to end the fight as quickly as possible means this risky is usually worth taking.
When close to killing the boss, it is important to keep up the maximum amount of damage by continuing to prioritise playing minions and holding back any direct damage. It is also worth holding back a source of removal, as in addition to the previously mentioned Treasures, the Boss has the potential to play Portable Ice Wall at any point, which can easily stop you dead in your tracks as you begin to run out of cards.
- 09 Dec. 2017: Guide added.
- Meta Report: Saviors of Uldum Week One
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2019 Earnings Call
- We've Upgraded Our Hearthstone Section!
- Saviors of Uldum Day 3: the Best Decks So Far
- Tavern Brawl: The Standard Brawliseum
- We Built a Quest Deck for Every Class in Saviors of Uldum
- Saviors of Uldum is Live Worldwide
- Every New Card from the Saviors of Uldum Reveal Stream
- Taunt Warrior Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Dono's Top 50 Legend
- Token Quest Shaman Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Integer's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Zoo Warlock Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Robot Wizard's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Holy Wrath OTK Paladin Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Meati's Top 10 Legend
- Combo Priest Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Rolle's Top 20 Legend
- Tempo Rogue Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Tortosh's Top 50 Legend
- Reno Mage Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Apxvoid's Rank 1 Legend
- Holy Wrath OTK Paladin Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Shuzo's Top 50 Legend