Lyris the Wild Mage Dungeon Run Guide
Lyris the Wild Mage is one of the bosses that can appear on level 4 and 5 of the Kobolds and Catacombs Dungeon Run.
The Lyris the Wild Mage is an extreme take on older Tempo Mage decks that were notorious for large amounts of random damage using Flamewakers. The boss' deck consists almost entirely of Flamewakers, with the exception of Archmage Antonidas in there too.
Unlike previous encounters, the boss is incredibly predictable due to the boss having a deck consisting entirely of Flamewakers and this can be used to your advantage. Whenever possible, the boss will attempt to play Flamewakers from hand, any remaining Mana is used to use Arcane Infusion and to cast any copies of Arcane Missiles it creates.
The huge threat of the Flamewaker and Arcane Missiles combination makes it incredibly important to control the board at all times, as neglecting it will cause things to rapidly spiral out of control as the number of Flamewakers increases. As the Boss has no minions that cost less than 3 Mana, the first few turns of the fight can be used to develop the strongest board possible. As you will have large amounts of random damage flying at your minions throughout the fight, you should prioritise playing minions with higher Health values, when possible. Once you have managed to get a strong foothold onto the board and are able to consistently kill Flamewakers as they played, the fight becomes a simple case of using any spare minions to attack and finish off the boss.
- 12 Dec. 2017: Guide added.
- Hearthstone 1.16 Update: Doom in the Tomb
- Doom in the Tomb Coming on October 8th
- Gamespot Interview with J. Allen Brack
- What's Coming to Hearthstone: New Events, Wild Cards to Standard and More
- Tombs of Terror Chapter 3 Available September 24th
- Small Client Update 15.2.2
- Tombs of Terror Chapters 1 & 2 Now Available
- Changes for Masters Qualifiers, Ladder, and More
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Secret Paladin
- looking for a little direction to get back into the game
- Dalaran Heist 5th wing won't unlock
- Tombs of Terror Elise Starseeker
- Deck Request Thread
- Quest Druid
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.