Affliction Warlock DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Affliction Warlock, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Affliction Warlock gems and enchants.
Item Quality Ranks
Profession Consumable Ranks
As part of Dragonflight's overhaul of Professions, many crafted items and consumables may have multiple ranks of quality that impact their effects. For consumables, there are potentially three ranks of an item that may be used, with Rank 3 items (shown as item level 415 in-game and with three gold stars) providing the most powerful bonuses. However, higher quality consumables will generally be more expensive and not always necessary depending on the content you are doing. You should be willing to use whatever rank of an item is most within your budget, and save higher-quality consumables for content where you will really need the extra boost!
If you would like to learn more about quality ranks on profession items, or the overhaul to professions as a whole, please see our overview below.
You should always take the highest rank available to you.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Affliction Warlock
Since the recommendations on this page (gems, enchants, food, and flasks) are based on your stat priority; we recommend also checking out our dedicated stats page for Affliction Warlock.
Best Gems for Affliction Warlock
You should use Skillful Illimited Diamond in one socket, and Fractured Neltharite in all remaining sockets, though many of the cheaper variants with Mastery as one of their two stats may also be viable. Be sure to simulate your character!
After acquiring double on-use trinket ( Nymue's Unraveling Spindle and Belor'relos, the Suncaller) swap gems to Inscribed Illimited Diamond and Radiant Alexstraszite.
Best Enchants for Affliction Warlock
Consumables for Affliction Warlock
Best Phials and Potions for Affliction
Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power is the best potion to use. Elemental Potion of Power is marginally behind, at a much affordable cost.
In raid during most circumstances, Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage should be used as it is the numerically better choice over Phial of Tepid Versatility while retaining a similar degree of practicality.
Phial of Static Empowerment can be considered in low movement situations.
In dungeons, use Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage if the increased damage is not an issue, otherwise Phial of Tepid Versatility is the more consistent choice, as Phial of Glacial Fury is only an option at high target counts, while inevitably losing on bosses.
Refreshing Healing Potion should be used alongside Healthstones for emergency healing.
Best Food for Affliction
You should eat from the Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak when possible, and otherwise Mastery food ( Salt-Baked Fishcake or a variant featuring Mastery such as Great Cerulean Sea, Thousandbone Tongueslicer, or Sizzling Seafood Medley if more readily available).
If simming yourself results in a different best secondary stat than Mastery, you should eat that food instead.
Weapon Runes for Affliction
The choice between Howling Rune and Buzzing Rune is entirely dependant on individual gear at any given time.
Augment Runes for Affliction
In addition, if you can afford it, you should use Draconic Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Updated Phial recommendation after Corrupted Rage buff.
- 24 Mar. 2023: Updated Primordial Stones recommendations to account for the additional live hotfixes.
- 22 Mar. 2023: Updated Primordial Stones recommendations to account for 25% buff hotfix.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Added Primordial Stones section for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 07 Jan. 2023: Updated dungeon phial to a more reliable Phial of Tepid Versatility.
- 14 Dec. 2022: Updated Weapon Runes.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players