Blood Death Knight Tank Vault of the Incarnates Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Blood Death Knight for each boss of the following raid: Vault of the Incarnates. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.
Below, you can find class and spec-specific advice for every fight in Vault of the Incarnates. If you are looking for a general overview of the Raid that is not spec-specific, check out our dedicated Vault of the Incarnates guides.
On this page, you will find Blood Death Knight-specific information to deal with each boss in the Vault of the Incarnates raid. These are not complete encounter guides but rather provide specific tips for doing the bosses as a Blood Death Knight.
This page assumes that you already understand most of the mechanics of each encounter. These can be found on the full raid guide, so what is contained here are details specifically tailored toward Blood Death Knight and how you can deal with each fight as best as possible.
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game by clicking 'Copy Export String.'
A note for Purgatory: The talent build listed above does not include Purgatory. If you want this for comfort in learning a new encounter, remove a point in Bloodworms to obtain it.
If your group requires additional grip utility, you can obtain Abomination Limb by removing Soul Reaper and 1 point in Unholy Bond to obtain the second point in Rune Mastery and finally gain Abomination Limb.
- Do a tank swap every 4-5 stacks of Burning Wound (or when it times out.
- You can prevent stacks of this from being applied with Anti-Magic Shell. You should ideally use this on 0 stacks as the DoT will eat into the absorb and make it end early.
- Utilise your grips to bring the adds into the boss that spawn from Flamerift.
- Anti-Magic Zone is best used during the intermission, as the raid will take the most damage, and healers will be moving.
- Mythic: Greater Flamerift is cast on the tank at the same time as Flamerift. This will spawn a Flamescape Captain , which needs to be interrupted and killed as a priority.
For more information, please refer to our Eranog guide.
For this, boss, I suggest you use the default build at the top of this page.
- Aim Concussive Slam at Awakened Earth to destroy them.
- Swap tanking duties after 2 stacks of Concussive Slam.
- After your first Concussive Slam debuff you will be taking increased damage, be mindful of this with your cooldown usage.
- Avoid being in the line from Concussive Slam when it is not targeting you as the debuff is applied to every player hit and stacks!
- Always be in range of the boss as if nobody is in range of the boss it will cast Tectonic Barrage.
- Death's Advance can negate the knocks on this encounter should you find yourself stuck in a bad spot.
- Anti-Magic Zone is best used on the group when you start to break more than 3 Awakened Earth pillars at once.
For more information, please refer to our Terros guide.
The Primal Council
For this boss, I would suggest a more AoE damage-oriented build with Abomination Limb.
- Swap tanking on Opalfang after each Crush hit.
- Move away from the Scorched Ground after Meteor Axes, try and interrupt Dathea or Kadros when you move to keep them with you.
- Avoid reaching 10 stacks of Primal Blizzard by moving into Scorched Ground at 5+ stacks.
- The debuff from Slashing Blaze can be prevented if you have Anti-Magic Shell active before it hits you.
- The debuffs from Primal Blizzard can be prevented if you have Anti-Magic Shell active.
- Anti-Magic Zone is best used for Meteor Axes.
- Mythic: If you are ever hit by Conductive Mark run into an Earthen Pillar to remove it.
For more information, please refer to our The Primal Council guide.
Sennarth, the Cold Breath
For this boss, I suggest you use the default build at the top of this page.
- Sennarth does consume Bone Shield stacks from Web Blast hits.
- Areas where the floor is icy are slippy. Be mindful of this when you move around the room.
- Face the Frostbreath Arachnids away from the raid and, ideally, tank it near the boss facing off the platform's edge. As Freezing Breath can make the room even icier.
- Swap tanking Sennarth on 5-8 stacks of Web Blast or when it times out.
- You can prevent every Gossamer Burst and Repelling Burst with Death's Advance. However, due to the frequency of these spells, you cannot use Death's Advance for movement up the stairs.
- Anti-Magic Zone is best used for the push/pull from Gossamer Burst / Repelling Burst on the melee.
- When Sennarth has reached the top of the room, she will no longer use Web Blast and, as a result, only requires one Tank. You should aim to make good use of your utility to grip Caustic Spiderlings on players trapped in webs.
Normal: I suggest you use the default build at the top of this page.
Heroic/Mythic: Grips are very useful for the platforms, picking up Abomination Limb will help with this. The talent build below is what I would suggest you use.
- Swap after 3 stacks of Zephyr Slam.
- The knockbacks on this encounter can be prevented with Death's Advance use this for your second and third Zephyr Slam hits and the add knockback (when you are not going up to the platform).
- Keep an eye on the locations of tornadoes; be mindful of where they are moving to when Crosswinds is cast.
- The pull in from Cyclone can be prevented with Death's Advance. Additionally, Cyclone is always followed up by a Zephyr Slam so if you use this in the later part of the cast, you can cover both casts with 1 charge.
- Heroic/Mythic: Save Abomination Limb for platforms that you are assigned to go to.
For more information, please refer to our Dathea, Ascended guide.
For this boss, I suggest you use the default build at the top of this page.
- Keep Kurog near an altar (not the middle of the room) in Phase 1. If he is in the middle of the room, he will gain stacks of all 4 elemental buffs and deal serious damage to the raid!
- Move into two altars each time you enter Phase 1 to ensure the raid does not get overwhelmed by the damage from Kurog's ticking damage and to guarantee, which adds spawn in the intermission.
- Sundering Strike is a 1-stack swap.
- Ensure Sundering Strike is pointed away from the raid and if you are not tanking the boss, do not stand in it, as it deals damage and applies a DoT to anyone hit.
- Taunt immediately after your co-tank is hit with Sundering Strike to prevent Kurog from chasing them.
- The knockback from Sundering Strike can be prevented with Death's Advance.
- Heroic/Mythic: The stun from Frigid Torrent can be prevented or broken with Icebound Fortitude. Avoid being hit by these, though, as it deals a lot of damage.
- Mythic: An elemental is spawned each time Kurog moves into a new altar. These adds cast a conal attack similar to Kurog. Face these away from the raid.
For more information, please refer to our Kurog Grimtotem guide.
For this boss, there are two roles to play, the boss tank and the add tank. The boss tank moves the boss around the room and breaks eggs to get the raid into Phase 2 cleanly. The add tank roams around the edge of the room to kill add waves as they spawn.
If you are the boss tank, I suggest you use the default build at the top of this page. If you are the add tank, I suggest you use the below build.
- Boss Tank: Mortal Stoneclaws is especially dangerous for Blood Death Knights as all of our self-sustain is managed through Death Strike, which gets reduced from this debuff. Be sure to have enough runic power for at least two Death Strikes when this is cast. Use one before the hit and one after to allow Blood Shield to do its work.
- Boss Tank: Blood Shield is not reduced by Mortal Stoneclaws so the period after the hit is not that dangerous if you manage your Runic Power effectively.
- Add Tank: Grip Mages into the groups of adds to ensure they die quickly.
- Add Tank: Stop the casts from Mages and Stormbringers with Mind Freeze / Asphyxiate / Death Grip.
- Phase 2: Mortal Stoneclaws is doubled in power and duration. Swap after 1 stack.
For more information, please refer to our Broodkeeper Diurna guide.
Raszageth the Storm-Eater
This encounter is the longest in the raid and takes place on multiple platforms. Each platform has unique mechanics with some overlap between mechanics in each phase. The tips below will highlight the key points you need to be aware of.
- All Phases: Death's Advance will prevent the pushback effects from Hurricane Wing and Tempest Wing.
- Phase 1 and 2: Swap on 1 stack of Electrified Jaws.
- All Phases: Avoid Lightning Breath.
- Intermission 1: 3 Surging Ruiners are on the platform, as a group focus on killing them one at a time. When the shield is broken on the Surging Ruiner adds will spawn. Get threat on these immediately to prevent DPS from dying with AoE, such as Tombstone or Abomination Limb.
- Intermission 1: When a Surging Ruiner has been killed, move to the next one, do not move to the next one while it is still alive, as when the shield has been removed, it has a +damage aura for all enemies nearby.
- Intermission 1: After all adds have been defeated, use the teleporter to move to the Phase 2 platform.
- Phase 2: Spread for Stormsurge and go to your pre-assigned location based on your debuff. This should be assigned before you pull the boss. Avoid players who do not share your debuff type, as you will deal damage to each other.
- Phase 2: Before Stormsurge is cast face Raszageth away from the stack locations for Stormsurge to prevent Melee DPS from getting parried.
- Intermission 2: Keep threat of the Colossal Stormfiend. Dodge the orbs it fires as they will stun you and avoid the breath from Razsageth. When adds spawn, help the raid by gripping them back to you.
- Phase 3: Thunderous Blast will deal damage to the raid based on the amount of damage you took. Mitigate this with Anti-Magic Shell buffed with Vampiric Blood every time and rotate Lichborne or Icebound Fortitude. You can even use Anti-Magic Zone to reduce it further.
- Mythic: You have great tools to deal with the sparks that spawn here, and should opt for using the Gorefiend's Grasp talent on this encounter. You should use it on any set of sparks in Phase 1, the first set in Phase 2, and on the first adds in Intermission 2. Blinding Sleet is available for nearly every set of sparks, and Death Grip and Mind Freeze are readily available for any that are not dealt with by the rest of the raid.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed tips and added Mythic Raszageth advice for Spark Management.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 23 Dec. 2022: Updated all boss tips.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Page added.
- One THOUSAND+ Pull Dramatic Tindral Mythic Kill by Skyline
- Wowdle: World of Warcraft Wordle-Style Game
- Illidari Doomhawk Available for Purchase with Timewarped Badges
- Tabard of Fury Available to Amazon Prime Subscribers This Month
- Patch 10.2 Week 4 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 3
- Item Level of Timewalking Rewards in Dragonflight Season 3
- Second Catalyst Charge Available This Week on Live Servers
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 27th