Blood Death Knight Tank Uldir Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Blood Death Knight for each boss of the following raid: Uldir. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Introduction for Blood Death Knight Boss Advice in Uldir
In this section you will find information pertaining to each boss individually in the Uldir raid.
When you are targeted by Cudgel of Gore, use Wraith Walk to get maximum distance between you and the boss. Anti-Magic Shell as you enter the Blood Storm to reduce the damage you take in advance of the Cudgel hit.
Death's Advance will let you clear adds in Phase Two without incurring a knockback; just be sure to clear them 5 yards away from everyone else, as the rest of the raid will remain vulnerable to the effect.
With March of the Damned, your Death's Advance cooldown lines up with Wind Tunnel perfectly, allowing you to completely ignore this mechanic. You make a good choice for the last tank out, allowing healers to move without worrying about the tank who stayed behind.
If your guild's strategy calls for you to tank adds in the next room, take Bonestorm and cross over with full Runic Power to use on the first set of adds. Be sure to refresh your stacks of Bone Shield before the last add of each set dies.
Blood is in an ideal position to offtank for this encounter; try to only use Death Strike immediately after a Terrible Thrash.
Foul Bulwark is a viable choice on this encounter if you need the extra health to reliably survive Terrible Thrash. If you are main tanking, or if the additional health is not necessary to survive Thrash, stick with Ossuary.
Zek'voz, Herald of N'Zoth
Immuning one application of the Void Lash debuff will make your damage intake much easier to manage; do this by stacking Vampiric Blood, Rune Tap, and Anti-Magic Shell. Which one to immune in the cycle will depend on your guild's strategy; choose whichever one you will be tanking for longer after the hit.
A well-placed Gorefiend's Grasp should be able to grip all of the Silithid Warriors into a single group for AoE control. Note that the Nerubian Voidweavers will be immune to Death Grip on Heroic and Mythic difficulties, thanks to Shadowbind.
Refresh your Bone Shield as the last add from Phase One dies; it should last through all of Phase Two.
Bonestorm is a strong defensive cooldown, with Crawgs in range of the ability quickly allowing it to reach maximum effectiveness.
During Phase Two, stack pools up to minimize the loss of fight area. You can accomplish this in part by using Anti-Magic Shell as you enter the old pools.
Death's Advance will immune the knockback during the phase transition, allowing you to hold Zul in position and keeping the rest of the raid from taking a stray Rupturing Blood.
Mythrax the Unraveler
Death Grip and Gorefiend's Grasp break mind controls from Oblivion Sphere. Be sure to watch ability timers and avoid breaking a player from an orb only to place them directly in the path of Essence Shear, with no time to escape.
You can use Asphyxiate to lock down a Vision of Madness in phase 2.
Save your Death's Advance for the final Collapse during the phase transition in order to keep boss positioning during the transition constant.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 22 Jan. 2019: Updated wording in the introduction.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated recommendations for Fetid Devourer, Vectis, Zul, Mythrax, and G'huun.
- 24 Sep. 2018: Updated recommendations for several bosses.
- 06 Sep. 2018: Updated MOTHER and Fetid Devourer recommendations.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Added Uldir boss recommendations.
- 24 Aug. 2018: Updated Azerite Trait and Gear recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)