Blood Death Knight Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Blood Death Knight before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Blood Death Knight
This page will guide you on how to get the most out of your Blood Death Knight in Torghast, Tower of the Damned. For more information about Torghast in general, check out our dedicated pages below.
Best Blood Death Knight Setup for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
|15||✓ Heartbreaker||? Blooddrinker||✗ Tombstone|
|25||✗ Rapid Decomposition||✓ Hemostasis||✗ Consumption|
|30||✗ Foul Bulwark||✓ Relish in Blood||✓ Blood Tap|
|35||✓ Will of the Necropolis||✓ Anti-Magic Barrier||✗ Mark of Blood|
|40||? Grip of the Dead||✗ Tightening Grasp||? Wraith Walk|
|45||✓ Voracious||✗ Death Pact||✓ Bloodworms|
|50||✗ Purgatory||? Red Thirst||? Bonestorm|
Level 15 Talents for Torghast as a Blood Death Knight
|✔ Heartbreaker||? Blooddrinker||✘ Tombstone|
Heartbreaker is the highest AoE DPS talent for this row.
Level 25 Talents for Torghast as a Blood Death Knight
|✘ Rapid Decomposition||✔ Hemostasis||✘ Consumption|
Hemostasis increases the damage and healing of your next Death Strike and provides rotational utility for you in Torghast via more empowered Death Strikes, allowing you to tackle larger groups more frequently.
Level 30 Talents for Torghast as a Blood Death Knight
|✘ Foul Bulwark||✔ Relish in Blood||✔ Blood Tap|
Either of these options will be good in Torghast, with Relish in Blood being the passive option and more generic, and Blood Tap being more planned, such as when you pull a very large group of mobs and need more runes on-demand.
Level 35 Talents for Torghast as a Blood Death Knight
|✔ Will of the Necropolis||✔ Anti-Magic Barrier||✘ Mark of Blood|
Once again, we have two options for talents: Will of the Necropolis is a more passive option, whereas Anti-Magic Barrier is reliant on you using Anti-Magic Shell more often. There will be many opportunities for Anti-Magic Shell use, but as you go through the higher layers of Torghast, your pull frequency will slow down and the benefit of the cooldown reduction is lost.
Level 40 Talents for Torghast as a Blood Death Knight
|? Grip of the Dead||✘ Tightening Grasp||? Wraith Walk|
If you need to kite often then Grip of the Dead will have value here to give you time to gain distance between you and the enemies. As detailed on the talent build page, if you are able to get an enemy to walk into your Death and Decay the second it expires, they will have a 90% slow on them for 10 seconds!
Wraith Walk is a good generic choice, allowing you to increase your speed around Torghast. This will most likely be used when you overpower the floors that you are on and just need to get through them quickly.
Level 45 Talents for Torghast as a Blood Death Knight
|✔ Voracious||✘ Death Pact||✔ Bloodworms|
Bloodworms is the go-to talent for this row, as it is both your highest DPS option and the healing from it lends itself better to Torghast.
Level 50 Talents for Torghast as a Blood Death Knight
|✘ Purgatory||? Red Thirst||? Bonestorm|
Bonestorm is a great all-round choice and your highest DPS option.
Red Thirst is a generic option that you can use.
Best Blood Death Knight Anima Powers
Throughout Torghast, you will acquire Anima Powers. These will be multiple choice windows and each of these will increase your power in Torghast in some capacity. Some choices however will be better than others for your current situation within Torghast. For a complete list of Anima Powers available to Death Knights, please refer to the pages below.
Below is a ranked tier list to help you get the most out of your Anima Powers. This Tier List assumes that the powers are the same level. It should be noted that a lot of these choices can come down to personal playstyle and preference and you should choose what is best for you personally.
As Torghast is meant to be flexible and fun, this is just a rough guideline so do not feel like you need to use these recommendations or you will not be able to complete your run. Try things out and see how they go for you for the best results.
Great Anima Powers for Blood Death Knight
- Skull Bloomer (changed to buff Death Strike in a hotfix)
- Ancient Drake Breath
- Blood-tinged Poker
- Boundless Fortitude (when combined with Ancient Drake Breath)
- Exterminator (when combined with Bloating Fodder)
- Necromantic Bile
- Unquenchable Blade
- Undertaker's Crown
- Deathlord's Cypher (Allows you to have Heartbreaker and Blooddrinker)
- Deathlord's Invocation (Allows you to have Will of the Necropolis and Anti-Magic Barrier)
- Deathlord's Legacy (Allows you to have Grip of the Dead and Wraith Walk)
Good Anima Powers for Blood Death Knight
- Animate Armaments
- Bone Growing Juice
- Bone Harvester
- Darkreaver's Lens
- Lich Robes (when combined with Undertaker's Crown; this has been roughly doubled in strength for Patch 9.0.5 and no longer causes Bonestorm to be a trap talent, as it works off all Runic Power spent)
- Death Turf
- Blightstone (this can be dangerous and pull lots of mobs when you have multiple stacks)
- The Horsemen's Call
- Occult Emitter
- Rune Hunter
- Tome of Swordplay
- Deathlord's Gift (Allows you to have Rapid Decomposition and Hemostasis)
- Deathlord's Mythos (Allows you to have Voracious and Bloodworms)
Average Anima Powers for Blood Death Knight
- Chains of Anguish
- Creeping Decay
- Darkreaver's Ward
- Force Pull
- Monstrous Concoction
- Slick Ice
- Unbreakable Cuffs
- Deathlord's Lesson (Allows you to have Foul Bulwark and Relish in Blood or Blood Tap)
- Deathlord's Ultimatum (Allows you to have Purgatory and Red Thirst or Bonestorm)
If an Anima Power is not in the Tier List above, it is either because we have been unable to test it or find information about its tuning. It will be populated over time as we learn more about them.
Phantasma Anima Powers for Blood Death Knight
Occasionally, you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate these, but they are generally better than the "Average" Anima powers.
Blood Death Knight Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
Blood Death Knight is quite strong for Torghast, in either group or solo content. You will comfortably be able to progress through the tower with very few limiting factors. Your playstyle will not differ much from normal Mythic+/Raid in Torghast.
- Use line of sight to your advantage. This can be incredibly handy if there are multiple caster mobs that you wish to stack up and cleave together.
- Use Mind Freeze, Death Grip, and Asphyxiate actively to interrupt/disrupt dangerous monsters.
- Use the perks you pick up on the way as they are incredibly valuable.
Covenant-Specific information for Blood Death Knight in Torghast, Tower of the Damned
Some generic tips for a Venthyr Blood Death Knight:
- You can use Door of Shadows to cross gaps, get on top of terrain, skip dangerous mobs etc.
- Swarming Mist is great to use on larger pulls to fuel Bonestorm.
There are also Venthyr Specific Anima Powers ranked from best to worst:
- Death's Deliverance - Whilst Swarming Mist is active, Door of Shadows has no cooldown and deals heavy AoE damage on arrival. This is a must have Anima Power should it become available in your run.
- Swarm Host - Death Grip activates or extends Swarming Mist for 3 seconds. Can be very powerful to chain pulls together and speed up your run.
- Formless Executioner - Swarming Mist gains more damage when you dodge and this Anima Power conveniently increases your dodge too.
Some generic tips for a Kyrian Blood Death Knight:
- Summon your Summon Steward often to get Phial of Serenity.
- Your Summon Steward can also be used to change your talents mid-floor.
There are also Kyrian Specific Anima Powers ranked from best to worst:
- Eyes of the Unceasing - Simple reduction to the cooldown of Shackle the Unworthy. Pick when available.
- Oppressor's Chain - Automatically activates (and does not activate the cooldown of) Shackle the Unworthy on enemies that attack you (20 second cooldown on the proc). Free damage, pick up when available.
- Darkhelm of Nuren - Causes all enemies within 10y of your target to be stunned for 5 seconds when you use Shackle the Unworthy
- Hateforged Cilice - 20% damage taken increase to the enemies with Shackle the Unworthy.
- Reinforced Manacle - 10% damage dealt reduction to enemies with Shackle the Unworthy.
- Twisted Hellchoker - Mind controls the enemy for 7 seconds when you use Shackle the Unworthy. Will not be useful most of the time.
Some generic tips for a Night Fae Blood Death Knight:
- Make good use of your Soulshape to move around Torghast.
- Remember to refresh your Death's Due at the last second to ensure the buff carries over to new packs to get the most of the ability.
There are also Night Fae Specific Anima Powers ranked from best to worst:
- Corrupted Sapwood - You will now generate an additional stack of Death's Due and increases the maximum amount of stacks by 8. Essentially doubling the power potential of Death's Due.
- Toxic Accumulator - Damage buff to Death's Due which increases over time.
- Nightmare Tendrils - Causes Death's Due to root targets. Most of the time it will not be useful, however it can have some benefits if you are not wanting enemies to flee into other groups of enemies in densely populated corridors.
Some generic tips for a Necrolord Blood Death Knight:
- Take some time between packs of enemies to use Fleshcraft.
- Ensure you get the grips from Abomination Limb to gain charges of Bone Shield and have more runes available for Heart Strike
There are also Necrolord Specific Anima Powers ranked from best to worst:
- Fatal Grasp - Any enemy gripped will now have Soul Reaper cast on them.
- Engorged Limb - Duration of Abomination Limb increased based on runes spent. A simple damage increase, and also more grips.
- Prosthetic Grabber - Allows you to grip enemies up to 40 yards away. Can potentially cause more harm than good.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 20 Feb. 2022: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Small changes and re-ordering of powers to account for hotfixes and 9.0.5 buffs.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Guide added.
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Development Notes: June 22nd
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Closed Beta Now Live
- Halondrus Visuals Fixed, but Now the Ground Is Missing?
- What's Ahead for Wrath Classic (Developer Update)
- Putting a Plan Together Quest Currently Up on Live Servers
- Faction and Transfer Restrictions Lifted in Burning Crusade Classic
- Lil Ursoc Model and Emotes Preview
- Third Encrypted Dragonflight Alpha Build on WoW Dev Branch