Elemental Shaman DPS Macros and Addons — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Elemental Shaman in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our TBC Shaman addons and macros.
Addons for Elemental Shaman
ElvUI is a complete replacement for the default User Interface. Not only is this a popular AddOn among top players, but we here at Icy Veins use it for all our characters. ElvUI eliminates most of the inefficiencies of the Blizzard interface, which are many and varied.
It is extremely user friendly, and takes very little time to set up and master. It also comes already furnished with almost everything you need; unit frames, raid frames, minimap, buffs and debuffs, and much more. You can easily unlock and drag all the components around so your UI will look exactly the way you want it to. ElvUI is clean, easy to use, and a great starting point for your UI.
For a quick configuration guide, you can check out Pandacho's guide.
Weak Auras is the most important AddOn for players seeking to master their class and take their gameplay to new heights. If you aspire to do any Mythic raiding, this is the most powerful tool in your kit. Weak Auras allows you to display helpful visuals cues anywhere on your screen, which enable you to play better.
Most players use it to track their trinket procs, highlight on screen displays of their most important cooldowns, or track the timers of boss mechanics. It is highly customizable and makes keeping track of your procs and cooldowns effortless. The drawback of Weak Auras is that is has a bit of a learning curve and is not the most user friendly.
Weak Auras allows you to import other players data directly into their UI, however, and most players choose to simply import other people's Weak Auras rather than make their own. You can find most Weak Auras in existence at Wago.IO. Weak Auras can be used to create just about anything you can imagine, as it is a LUA scripting tool (essentially an AddOn that creates other AddOns, in-game). This is by far the most essential AddOn for players looking to step into Mythic raiding.
Boss Mods are helpful pre-made timers that allow you to keep track of the noteworthy mechanics in any given encounter. Usually they come equipped with helpful prompts, visuals, and sounds to ensure you do not miss anything important.
BigWigs is the best boss mod available currently. It is extremely customizable, allowing you to change what is displayed on an individual boss level and how boldly you want each alert customized. BigWigs is typically the most accurate and periodically updated of the available Boss Mods. It does not require any setup at all, though there are a dizzying array of options and customizations should you wish to personalize your setup.
Deadly Boss Mods
Deadly Boss Mods is an alternative to BigWigs, though it usually is not as accurate early in the patch. Most of the alerts are loud and flashy by default, making this a potentially good choice for players who have very little experience in a raid environment.
Nameplates are essential for allowing you to easily keep track of basic debuffs and quickly select new targets in combat. While ElvUI nameplates do come standard with the AddOn, they are a little limited and occasionally buggy. Listed below are some good alternatives.
KUI Nameplates offer the highest degree of customization and accuracy. For example, you can easily configure the nameplates to enlarge and change color when a target reaches a certain percentage of health, which can be very helpful for classes with executes. They always correctly display your debuffs, and their click box is very accurate. Some setup is required, although it is very simple and straightforward.
TidyPlates are not quite as customizable or accurate as KUI, but they are an improvement over the default UI or the ElvUI nameplates. They are also great out of the box, requiring little to no setup at all, which is a plus for some players.
Damage meters display a variety of helpful data about what is taking place in combat, from your current DPS (or HPS) to the number of interrupts each player successfully used.
Details is the ultimate damage meter, and is the recommended damage meter for its great UI and breadth of information provided, such as a detailed death log for your group.
These AddOns are just small trimmings that might make your life a little easier.
Doom Cooldown Pulse
Whenever one of your abilities comes off cooldown, this AddOn flashes a large transparent version of the ability in the center of your screen, alerting you that it is off cooldown. You can easily configure what is displayed, or use it by default.
This AddOn allows you to set up text assignments that are displayed to everyone else in the raid group that have the AddOn. Extremely beneficial for raiding guilds, particularly when assigning jobs like interrupt orders, or what players are soaking in what quadrants of the room, etc.
Macros for Elemental Shaman
- /cast [@focus,exists][@target] Wind Shear
This macro will stop your current cast and cast Wind Shear on your focus if available, otherwise it will be cast on your target.
- /cast [@focus,exists][@target] Purge
This macro will stop your current cast and cast Purge on your focus if available, otherwise it will be cast on your target.
Wind Rush Totem
Two options are available, allowing you to either instantly cast Wind Rush Totem at your feet:
- /cast [@player] Wind Rush Totem
Or at your current cursor location:
- /cast [@cursor] Wind Rush Totem
These remove an input and allow you to activate the totem much quicker than usual to get the movement speed rolling quickly.
Cursor/Mouseover Earthquake, Capacitor Totem & Flame Shock
- /cast [@cursor] Earthquake
This casts Earthquake at your cursor's current location, eliminating the target reticle. Be careful with this macro as it can easily lead to mistakes, but some players prefer the speed and convenience that it can provide. You can replace Earthquake with Capacitor Totem. For Flame Shock:
- /cast [@mouseover,exists]Flame Shock;Flame Shock
This will cast Flame Shock on the target your cursor is on. If your cursor is not on any enemy, it will instead cast it on your selected target.
Focus Target Macro
- /clearfocus [modifier:alt][@focus,dead][@focus,noexists]
- /focus [@focus,noexists]
- /cast [@focus] Wind Shear
This is generally used with Wind Shear or Hex, but works with most spells.
Primal Elementals / Liquid Magma Totem and Other "Multiple Choice" Macros
The first macro allows you to summon either your Fire Elemental or Storm Elemental, depending on which one you picked, and pressing the button again will have them use their special ability if you are using Primal Elementalist.
- /use [known:storm elemental]storm elemental;[known:fire elemental]fire elemental
- /use [pet:primal storm elemental]tempest;[pet:primal fire elemental]meteor
This second macro allows you to use one button for your Primal Elementals' special abilities or casts Liquid Magma Totem on your cursor if you selected this talent. Both macros cannot unfortunately be conveniently combined to be useful in all situations.
- /use [pet:primal storm elemental]tempest;[pet:primal fire elemental]meteor[nopet,@cursor]Liquid Magma Totem
You can adapt similar macros for several "pick one of two" active talent choices, for example:
- /use [known:wind rush totem,@cursor]wind rush totem;[known:earthgrab totem,@cursor]earthgrab totem
- /use [known:stoneskin totem,]stoneskin totem;[known:tranquil air totem]tranquil air totem
- /use [known:gust of wind,]gust of wind;[known:spirit walk]spirit walk
Fellow goblins can also use a castsequence macro making them use Rocket Jump when Gust of Wind is on cooldown. Note that the cooldown must be manually adjusted depending on how many points you have in Go with the Flow (25 with one point, 30 with no points) and becomes a bit problematic when you are using Flash of Lightning.
- /castsequence reset=cooldown-20 Gust of Wind, Rocket Jump
Friend or Foe Adaptive Macros
The following macro will cast Purge, Greater Purge or Cleanse Spirit depending on whether you are targeting an enemy or an ally:
- /use [@mouseover,harm,nodead,known:purge]Purge;[@mouseover,harm,nodead,known:greater purge]Greater Purge;[@mouseover,help,nodead]Cleanse Spirit;[harm,known:purge]Purge;[harm,known:greater purge]Greater Purge;Cleanse Spirit
The following macro will cast Chain Lightning or Chain Heal depending on whether you are targeting an enemy or an ally.
- /use [@mouseover,harm,nodead]Chain Lightning;[@mouseover,help,nodead]Chain Heal;[harm]Chain Lightning;Chain Heal
You can choose to remove individual elements from this macro. If for example you never want Chain Heal to be cast on mouseover, remove:
- [@mouseover,help,nodead]Chain Heal;
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 31 Oct. 2022: Removed the obsolete Harden Skin macro, updated a couple others to be more useful.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- One THOUSAND+ Pull Dramatic Tindral Mythic Kill by Skyline
- Wowdle: World of Warcraft Wordle-Style Game
- Illidari Doomhawk Available for Purchase with Timewarped Badges
- Tabard of Fury Available to Amazon Prime Subscribers This Month
- Patch 10.2 Week 4 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 3
- Item Level of Timewalking Rewards in Dragonflight Season 3
- Second Catalyst Charge Available This Week on Live Servers
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 27th