Elemental Shaman DPS Simulations — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful simulation results for your Elemental Shamans in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
With the advent of certain tools such as Raidbots, simulating your character has now become simple enough that we can recommend even the average player to sim their own character. It is through advanced simulations that many of the recommendations in this guide are found, and by doing your own you can easily figure out what talents you should be using with your particular gearing combination, what gear to equip, what Legendaries to equip and more. Below there is a video guiding you on how to sim your character.
2. A note on Racial Bonuses
The difference from worst to best race is very small. Your gear and talent choices change the value of those racials. Pick a race for how it looks, feels, and the utility it brings. If you absolutely want to pick the theoretical best race for pure single target DPS according to sims, it is Dwarf for Alliance and technically Tauren for Horde although we would recommend Goblin for the mobility. Note that, for the last 3 bosses of Battle of Dazar'Alor, Gnomes get to become Goblins.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 31 Jan. 2019: Updated paragraph about best races.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated best race for Horde.
- 03 Jan. 2019: Updated best race for each faction.
- 18 Dec. 2018: Added a link to Bloodmallet's simulations by race.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Added page.
- Patch 8.2: Conflict and Strife PvP Essence
- WoW Classic Stress Test 1 Ending Info
- 8.2 PTR: Gnome and Tauren Mount Size Changes
- 8.2 PTR: Breath of Sindragosa, Glimmer of Light Changes
- Classic Stress Test and Beta Invite Clarifications
- 8.2: Rise of Azshara PTR Dev Notes: May 22nd
- Queen Azshara Encounter Spoilers & 8.2 Raid Testing: May 24th
- Patch 8.2: Gnome & Tauren Heritage Armor (Official Preview)
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Paladin Leveling Guide
- Protection Paladin 8.1.5
- Elemental Shaman 8.1.5
- Balance Druid 8.1.5
- Frost Mage 8.1.5
- Hunter Rotation Notes Questions
- Heavy m+ healing