Elemental Shaman DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Elemental Shaman, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Elemental Shaman gems and enchants.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Elemental Shaman
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and flasks to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Elemental Shaman, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
As a reminder, you do NOT need any consumables to change your talents anywhere. Tome of the Still Mind are obsolete.
Profession Consumable Ranks
As part of Dragonflight's overhaul of Professions, many crafted items and consumables may have multiple ranks of quality that impact their effects. For consumables, there are potentially three ranks of an item that may be used, with Rank 3 items (shown as item level 415 in-game and with three gold stars) providing the most powerful bonuses. However, higher quality consumables will generally be more expensive and not always necessary depending on the content you are doing. You should be willing to use whatever rank of an item is most within your budget, and save higher-quality consumables for content where you will really need the extra boost!
If you would like to learn more about quality ranks on profession items, or the overhaul to professions as a whole, please see our overview below.
Important information regarding our Mastery cap
With T31, you want to reach the Mastery "soft cap" of 88% (~7200 Mastery) or as close as you can, though remember to sim as stats synergize with each other and have some diminishing returns. Remember not to go over this cap — adjust your gems and enchants accordingly.
Best Gems for Elemental Shaman
You should use one Illimited Diamond with your best stat, most likely Skillful Illimited Diamond or Fierce Illimited Diamond (or Inscribed before T31), and either Keen Neltharite or Keen Ysemerald ( Crafty Ysemerald or Crafty Alexstraszite before T31) in the rest of your sockets.
If you are using Elemental Lariat, keep in mind that the proc works strangely and will always give you whatever the LOWER stat on your gem is, so using Keen Neltharite would proc a haste buff.
Note that you can use Tiered Medallion Setting successively at increasingly high qualities to add sockets to your necklace, up to a total of 3.
Best Enchants & Armor Enhancements for Elemental Shaman
Consumables for Elemental Shaman
Weapon Oil/Rune for Elemental Shaman
You want to use Improved Flametongue Weapon unless you are not specced into it, in which case you should use a Howling Rune as they do not stack. If, for some reason, you are using a fire build without Improved Flametongue Weapon, you can use Hissing Rune to try to reach 88% Mastery.
Best Flasks and Potions for Elemental Shaman
Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power is your strongest potion, but it costs Primal Chaos, so you can use regular Elemental Potion of Power instead.
Phial of Tepid Versatility should be your default pick for all content.
Phial of Elemental Chaos can deal more damage than Phial of Tepid Versatility but is very unreliable and will work badly with our stats in T31. Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage is more reliable but is simply not worth the drawback until damage taken is irrelevant and you just want to parse. Phial of Static Empowerment and Phial of Charged Isolation are almost always trap picks.
In Mythic+ you will most likely want to use Phial of Tepid Versatility, as Phial of Glacial Fury's AoE damage is not enough to overtake the all-rounder value of a big consistent versatility buff, and Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage will almost certainly kill you multiple times.
Use both Warlock Healthstone and Refreshing Healing Potions. Note that Potion of Withering Vitality are often better to survive complicated situations, especially when you are an Alchemist specced into Decayology. Keep in mind that over 15 seconds, you will lose all the gained Health.
Sometimes, you will be dead. But some potions can allow you to still participate even while dead! Delicate Suspension of Spores and Residual Neural Channeling Agent could just make the difference between a wipe and barely surviving a fight.
Best Food for Elemental
You should eat from the Hoard of Draconic Delicacies or Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak when available and otherwise eat your own Deviously Deviled Eggs or Fated Fortune Cookies (Warning, you cannot eat the cookies during a Mythic+ dungeon).
Augment Rune for Elemental Shaman
If you can afford it, you should use Draconic Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them. Patch 10.2 brings a renown reward granting an infinitely reusable rune!
- 25 Nov. 2023: Added Helm enchant and Tiered Medallion Setting as a reminder. Added an unlikely case use of using Hissing Rune, reworded a couple sentences regarding Decayology Flasks.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Added a disclaimer about mastery caps. Updated with new optimal enchants and gems, added enchant options, added some occasionally useful special potions, updated phial section, mentioned the reusable augment rune.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 12 May 2023: Adjusted recommended phial.
- 02 May 2023: Added Deviously Deviled Eggs to the food recommendation and a warning about Fated Fortune Cookies.
- 01 May 2023: Updated with T30 recommendations, updated Onyx Annulet section.
- 27 Mar. 2023: Updated the Primordial Gems section.
- 23 Mar. 2023: updated the Primordial Gems section following new hotfixes.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated the Primordial Stone Gems section following a last minute buff on the gems.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated recommended phial for M+ and added a warning on gem socketing with Elemental Lariat, added a section on Primordial Stone Gems.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 21 Dec. 2022: Updated Runes not stacking with Improved Flametongue Weapon anymore.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for week 3. Added a note on Tiered Medallion Settings.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)