How to Upgrade Mythic Dungeon Gear With Valor in Patch 9.0.5
In this guide, you will learn how to upgrade Mythic+ gear using Valor Points in Patch 9.0.5.
What is Valor?
Valor is a currency used to upgrade Mythic Keystone Gear in Patch 9.0.5 and beyond.
Every piece of Mythic Dungeon Gear in Patch 9.0.5 is given a rank based on its Item Level, as you can see on the tooltip.
You can upgrade Mythic Dungeon Gear from Rank 1 (Item Level 184) all the way to Rank 12 (Item Level 220).
This also applies to the Great Vault loot. For example, if you receive a piece of gear that has Item Level 200 from the weekly chest, it will be of Rank 6 out of 12.
Gear That Can Be Upgraded With Valor
In this section, we highlight the types of gear you can upgrade with Valor in Patch 9.0.5.
- You can upgrade gear that drops from dungeons and end-of-dungeon chests starting the week of March 9, 2021.
- You can upgrade gear from the Great Vault that you get during the week of March 16, 2021.
Gear That Cannot Be Upgraded With Valor
The Valor system comes with a few upgrade restrictions that you can find below.
- You will not be able to upgrade gear earned before Patch 9.0.5, which means you must re-farm your currently-equipped Dungeon Gear.
- Item Level 220 Dungeon Gear cannot be further upgraded with Valor.
- Loot from the Great Vault obtained during the week of March 9, 2021 cannot be upgraded with Valor.
How Do I Earn Valor?
You can earn Valor from completing Mythic Keystone Dungeons and by doing Covenant Callings.
How Much Valor Can I Get from Covenant Callings?
- Rare Callings award 35 Valor.
- Epic Callings give 50 Valor.
How Much Valor Can I Get from Mythic Dungeons?
Completing a Mythic Dungeons regardless of Keystone level grants 135 Valor.
Valor Upgrade Ranks and Requirements
Mythic +0 Dungeon Gear that starts at Item Level 184 can be upgraded to Item Level 200 without any requirements.
All the higher rank upgrades are gated behind various achievements that require you to complete all Shadowlands Season 1 Dungeons at Mythic Level 5, 10, and 15, respectively, within the time limit.
In other words, if you want to upgrade Mythic Dungeon Gear all the way to Item Level 220, you must complete all 8 Shadowlands Season 1 dungeons at Mythic 15 or above, within the time limit.
Everything explained above is summarized in the following table.
|Item Rank||Item Level||Requirements|
|7||203||Shadowlands Keystone Explorer: Season One|
|8||207||Shadowlands Keystone Explorer: Season One|
|9||210||Shadowlands Keystone Conqueror: Season One|
|10||213||Shadowlands Keystone Conqueror: Season One|
|11||216||Shadowlands Keystone Master: Season One|
|12||220||Shadowlands Keystone Master: Season One|
You can have a maximum of 8,750 Valor, but the cap starts at 5,000 and increases by 750 every week following Patch 9.0.5 launch. Valor progress is account-wide and there are no weekly caps. We highlight the maximum Valor caps below.
- Week 1 Maximum Valor Cap: 5,000;
- Week 2 Maximum Valor Cap: 5,750;
- Week 3 Maximum Valor Cap: 6,500;
- Week 4 Maximum Valor Cap: 7,250;
- Week 5 Maximum Valor Cap: 8,750.
Where to Upgrade Gear with Valor
You can upgrade gear with Valor by talking to Aggressor Zo'dash, located in the Enclave of Oribos.
How Much Valor Will the Upgrades Cost?
Upgrade costs vary by item slot are consistent across all item levels.
|Armor Slots||Upgrade Cost|
|Off-Hands, Shields, Rings, Cloaks, Bracers, Necks||250 Valor per upgrade|
|Shoulders, Gloves, Trinkets, Boots, Belts||400 Valor per upgrade|
|Helms, Chests, Legs||475 Valor per upgrade|
|1-Handed Agility Weapons||500 Valor per upgrade|
|1-Handed Strength Weapons||500 Valor per upgrade|
|1-Handed Intellect Weapons||750 Valor per upgrade|
|2-Handed Weapons||1,000 Valor per upgrade|
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 launch.
- 24 Feb. 2021: Renamed Valor Points into Valor.
- 21 Feb. 2021: Guide added.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 5: Boss Damage Only Rankings Added
- Player Loots One of the Rarest Item in WoW
- A Different Kind of AFK Story
- WoW Patch Timeline from Vanilla to Shadowlands Patch 9.1
- Potentially Infinite Breath of Sindragosa Bug
- Elwynn Forest Without the Trees
- Covenants Per Spec in Castle Nathria and Mythic+ for Top Players
- Animated Ulna World Quest Up on US Servers!