Mechagnome Allied Race Guide — How To Unlock, Classes, Armor, Racials, Mount
Though they once sought to mechanize themselves completely, the mechagnomes now seek a balance between flesh and steel. Emerging from years of isolation on Mechagon, they bring both ingenuity and aptitude to the Alliance.
The following guide contains comprehensive information about the Mechagnome Allied Race, including unlock requirements, playable classes, transmog restrictions, racials, Heritage Armor, dance animations, and the intro cutscene.
In order to unlock Mechagnomes in Patch 8.3: Visions of N'Zoth, you must earn Exalted with The Rustbolt Resistance ( Rustbolt Rebellion) and complete the Mechagon story ( The Mechagonian Threat). Operation: Mechagon has been split into two wings in Patch 8.3 with Heroic difficulty available, allowing you to complete those requirements on Heroic as opposed to Mythic difficulty.
Once you meet both requirements, you can start the unlock quest line which takes place in Mechagon by visiting your faction's embassy in Orgrimmar or Stormwind.
You will receive the Allied Races: Mechagnome achievement after unlocking Mechagnomes.
If you have done these achievements on a Horde character, you will need to login on a level 120 Alliance character.
- If this character has already completed the Mechagon Island intro quest line that ends with the quest Welcome to the Resistance, then the character can head to the Alliance Embassy in Stormwind and pick up the quest Urgent Care from Aysa Cloudsinger to start the Allied Race unlock quest line.
- If this character has not unlocked Mechagon Island, you can head to the Alliance Embassy in Stormwind and Gila Crosswires will have the quest Fame Waits for Gnome One which will lead the character through the Mechagon Island unlock process which then leads to the Mechagnome unlock quest line. If you are in this situation, you will not need to go to Nazjatar.
Mechagnomes can play the following classes:
- Death Knights (with Shadowlands pre-order);
Mechagnomes have access to the following racials:
- Combat Analysis: Increase in strength as you fight an enemy.
- Emergency Failsafe: Automatically heal when you are badly damaged.
- Hyper Organic Light Originator: Summon duplicates to confuse your foes.
- Mastercraft: Act as a personal set of crafting tools.
- Skeleton Pinkie: Pick locks.
Mechagon Mechanostrider is the racial mount of Mechagnomes.The best mount, logically, serves multiple purposes. Sometimes, you need to get places AND reach something high up once you get there.
Earn level 110 on a newly created Mechagnome character to be eligible for Heritage Armor ( Heritage of the Mechagnome), comprised of the following pieces of equipment:
- Mechagnome Heritage Buckle;
- Mechagnome Heritage Chestpiece;
- Mechagnome Heritage Cloak;
- Mechagnome Heritage Girdle;
- Mechagnome Heritage Helmet;
- Mechagnome Heritage Shoulderguards.
You can find all Mechagnome customization options here.
Wrist, Hands, and Feet slots cannot be transmogrified, as Mechagnome modifications cannot be covered up by armor.
Mechagnomes perform electric boogie while dancing.
The Mechagnome intro cutscene is narrated by Prince Erazmin, and you can watch it in the video below.
- 21 Jan. 2020: Mechagnomes can't be Shamans.
- 16 Jan. 2020: Further clarifications on how Horde players can unlock Mechagnomes.
- 15 Jan. 2020: Guide added.
- Hunter Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Shaman Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warlock Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Mage Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Death Knight Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warrior Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Demon Hunter Covenant Ability Tuning: September 23rd
- Significant Monk Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd