Protection Paladin Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Protection Paladin, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Protection Paladin Tank enchants and consumables.
Enchants, Gems, and Consumables for Protection Paladin
In general, the gearing you will do with gems and enchants will all go the same direction as the general way of gearing your character for specific stats. You can read more about it in the Stat page linked below.
Best Gems for Protection Paladins
Best Enchants for Protection Paladins
Consumables for Protection Paladins
Best Flasks and Potions for Protection
When in combat, you have several options for which in-combat potion to use.
- Potion of Unbridled Fury should be used when potting for damage.
- Potion of Empowered Proximity should be used in Mythic+ where you can reliably tank 5 or more targets for its full duration.
You should use Abyssal Healing Potion for in-combat healing. Healing potions do not share a cooldown with Healthstones, so you can use both independently if you have access to a Warlock. Healthstone restores 25% of your health while Abyssal Healing Potion always restores 141k health, the amount they heal should be fairly close with decent gear but with full raid gear Healthstone will be superior per use.
Best Food for Protection
You should eat Famine Evaluator And Snack Table for the buff to your Strength.
Baked Port Tato is your Haste food buff of choice should a feast not be available.
Augment Runes for Protection
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Starting in patch 8.3 you can also use the re-usable Lightning-Forged Augment Rune to increase your primary stat by an equal amount.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- How to Quickly Reach Exalted with Gelkis and Magram Centaur Clans Under 1 Hour
- More Scourge Zombies Showing Up, But It's Still Not the Pre-patch Event
- Pure Class: Level 50 Without Choosing a Spec Gets Pretty Hard
- Patch 9.0.1 Hotfixes: October 22nd
- The Madness Begins Anew: Exile's Reach Speedruns
- Addon Spotlight: Better Wardrobe and Transmog
- Most Popular Classes and Specs for Mythic+ in the Shadowlands Pre-Patch
- Ghostcrawler Talks WoW After 6 Years: Leveling, His Ret Pala, AoE and More