Protection Paladin Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Protection Paladin Tank enchants and consumables.
Best Gems for Protection Paladins
Best Enchants for Protection Paladins
Consumables for Protection Paladins
Best Flasks and Potions for Protection
When in combat, you have several options for which in-combat potion to use.
- Potion of Unbridled Fury should be used when potting for damage.
- Potion of Empowered Proximity should be used in Mythic+ where you can reliably tank 5 or more targets for its full duration.
You should use Abyssal Healing Potion for in-combat healing. Healing potions do not share a cooldown with Healthstones, so you can use both independently if you have access to a Warlock. Healthstone restores 25% of your health while Abyssal Healing Potion always restores 141k health, the amount they heal should be fairly close with decent gear but with full raid gear Healthstone will be superior per use.
Best Food for Protection
You should eat Famine Evaluator And Snack Table for the buff to your Strength.
Baked Port Tato is your Haste food buff of choice should a feast not be available.
Augment Runes for Protection
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Starting in patch 8.3 you can also use the re-usable Lightning-Forged Augment Rune to increase your primary stat by an equal amount.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Added Force Multiplier and the Lightning-Forged Augment Rune from 8.3.
- 14 Jul. 2019: Added new combat potion alternatives.
- 07 Jul. 2019: Added Leviathan's Eye gem to recommendations.
- 26 Jun. 2019: New gems, enchants, potions, and flask have been added for Patch 8.2.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 20 Jan. 2019: Minor rewording of enchants and consumables.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Aug. 2018: Added Quick Navigation enchant recommendation.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 2nd
- Optional Crafting Reagents Update: June 2nd
- World First Mythic +28 Tol'Dagor Cleared in Time
- Dredwing Mounts in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through June 5th
- Specific Vendor Corruptions Prediction Theories
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 1st
- Fist of Justice / Ineffable Truth Hotfix Cancelled