Protection Paladin Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Protection Paladin, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Protection Paladin gems and enchants.
Enchants, Gems, and Consumables for Protection Paladin
In general, the gearing you will do with gems and enchants will all go the same direction as the general way of gearing your character for specific stats. You can read more about it in the Stat page linked below.
Best Gems for Protection Paladins
You should use one Fierce Illimited Diamond and fill the rest of your sockets with Quick Ysemerald or Keen Ysemerald.
Best Enchants for Protection Paladins
Consumables for Protection Paladins
Best Phials, Weapon Augments, and Potions for Protection
Use Phial of Tepid Versatility for raiding content and Phial of the Eye in the Storm for Mythic+ content.
Howling Rune will be your Rune of choice as a simple Haste buff.
Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power should be your combat potion of choice.
You should use Dreamwalker's Healing Potion for in-combat healing. Healing potions do not share a cooldown with Healthstones, so you can use both independently if you have access to a Warlock.
Best Food for Protection
Use Deviously Deviled Eggs as your food buff of choice.
If a Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak is available, use this instead.
Augment Runes for Protection
In addition, if you can afford it, you should use Draconic Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Added helm enchant and new healing potion.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 14 Jul. 2023: Updated Weapon Enchants and Flask recommendations. Weapon Enchants to be more explict on the two choices, both choices are fairly close in terms of throughput however. Flask has been changed to Tepid Versility due to the increased prevalance of external damage sources.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated Onyx Annulet and Primordial Gems section, and when you should consider replacing it.
- 01 May 2023: Added belt enchant (New in Patch 10.1) and reviewed for Season 2.
- 25 Mar. 2023: Updated Primordial Gems recommendations.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Added Onyx Annulet and Primordial Gems section.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Classic Community Council Chat: December 8th
- Ashenvale PvP Event Bug Being Worked On
- New Night Elf Child Model Added in Patch 10.2.5
- Updated Map of Amirdrassil on the 10.2.5 PTR
- Dark Ranger General's (Sylvanas) Transmog Set in Patch 10.2.5
- Bel'ameth is A Neutral City in Patch 10.2.5
- Patch 10.2.5 Development Notes: December 8th
- Shadowfang Keep Soloed By Metamorphosis Warlock in Season of Discovery