Protection Paladin Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
Best Gems for Protection Paladins
Best Enchants for Protection Paladins
Consumables for Protection Paladins
Best Flasks and Potions for Protection
When in combat, you have several options for which in-combat potion to use.
- Potion of Unbridled Fury should be used when potting for damage.
- Potion of Empowered Proximity should be used in Mythic+ where you can reliably tank 5 or more targets for its full duration.
You should use Abyssal Healing Potion for in-combat healing. Healing potions do not share a cooldown with Healthstones, so you can use both independently if you have access to a Warlock. Healthstone restores 25% of your health while Abyssal Healing Potion always restores 141k health, the amount they heal should be fairly close with decent gear but with full raid gear Healthstone will be superior per use.
Best Food for Protection
You should eat Famine Evaluator And Snack Table for the buff to your Strength.
Baked Port Tato is your Haste food buff of choice should a feast not be available.
Augment Runes for Protection
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Starting in patch 8.3 you can also use the re-usable Lightning-Forged Augment Rune to increase your primary stat by an equal amount.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Added Force Multiplier and the Lightning-Forged Augment Rune from 8.3.
- 14 Jul. 2019: Added new combat potion alternatives.
- 07 Jul. 2019: Added Leviathan's Eye gem to recommendations.
- 26 Jun. 2019: New gems, enchants, potions, and flask have been added for Patch 8.2.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 20 Jan. 2019: Minor rewording of enchants and consumables.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Aug. 2018: Added Quick Navigation enchant recommendation.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Spirit of Eche'ro Mount Quest Now Available on Live Servers
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 14th
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 13th
- Warsong Gulch Exit Portals to Be Removed
- MDI and AWC 2020 Plans and Changes Revealed
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 12th
- Blackwing Lair Cleared in Under an Hour, World First Videos
- Blackwing Lair Raid in WoW Classic (Official Preview)
- Restoration Shaman 8.2
- Mistweaver Monk PvP 8.1.5
- Holy Paladin 8.2
- VuhDo: a Comprehensive Guide
- Lunar Festival
- Mythic+ Affixes
- BfA Level 120 Battle Guide