Protection Paladin Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Protection Paladin in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1. We also give budget alternatives.
1. Gems for Protection Paladins
2. Enchants for Protection Paladins
3. Consumables for Protection Paladins
You should eat Bountiful Captain's Feast for the buff to your Strength. If you want to buff your Strength instead of your Stamina, you should switch to Retribution before eating (and then back to Protection afterwards).
In Battle for Azeroth, you will use Coastal Healing Potion as your healing potion. Healing potions no longer share a cooldown with Healthstones, so you can use both if you have access to a Warlock. Healthstone however provides more healing as it restores 25% of your health.
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Aug. 2018: Added Quick Navigation enchant recommendation.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 13th
- New Store Fox Mount: Vulpine Familiar
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 12th
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #31
- New Food in Patch 8.1
- Artifact Power Catchup Disabled Until January 22nd
- Item Level 385 Crafted Gear Now Requires the Profession to Equip in Patch 8.1
- This Week in WoW: December 11th
- Fury Warrior 8.0.1
- Marksmanship Hunter PvP 7.2
- Bilescourge Bombers better than Demonic Strange?
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Top 3 BfA addons must have
- 5 year absence (Oct. 2013) needs help getting back right. Holy/Ret
- Holy Paladin 8.0.1