Protection Paladin Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Protection Paladin, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Protection Paladin Tank enchants and consumables.
Enchants, Gems, and Consumables for Protection Paladin
In general, the gearing you will do with gems and enchants will all go the same direction as the general way of gearing your character for specific stats. You can read more about it in the Stat page linked below.
Best Gems for Protection Paladins
Best Enchants for Protection Paladins
Consumables for Protection Paladins
Best Flasks, Oils, and Potions for Protection
Shadowcore Oil should be placed on your weapon to provide passive damage, and also enhance the power of your combat potions.
When in combat, you have several options for which in-combat potion to use. For both of these potions you should use Shadowcore Oil on your weapon to enhance the power of them.
- Potion of Phantom Fire should be used when potting for damage.
- Potion of Empowered Exorcisms should be used in Mythic+ where you can reliably tank multiple targets for its full duration.
- Potion of Spectral Strength can be used as a general purpose potion.
Best Food for Protection
Use Tenebrous Crown Roast Aspic as your Haste food buff of choice.
Best Armor Kit for Protection
Use Heavy Desolate Armor Kit as it provides you with the most Stamina.
Augment Runes for Protection
If you can afford it, you should use Veiled Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Mar. 2021: Added Feet enchant to the list.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands with Oils, Armor Kits, New enchants.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes