Protection Paladin Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Protection Paladin in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5. We also give budget alternatives.
Best Gems for Protection Paladins
Best Enchants for Protection Paladins
Consumables for Protection Paladins
Best Flasks and Potions for Protection
When in combat, you have several options for which in-combat potion to use.
- Potion of Unbridled Fury should be used when potting for damage.
- Potion of Empowered Proximity should be used in Mythic+ where you can reliably tank 5 or more targets for its full duration.
While Potion of Focused Resolve and Superior Battle Potion of Strength provide both some offensive value as well as defensive value, Potion of Unbridled Fury simply deals more damage. Potion of Focused Resolve will increase the critical strike chance against single-target, thus empowering your Judgments to give you slightly more Shield of the Righteous uptime. And Superior Battle Potion of Strength will give you more Strength which makes Shield of the Righteous provide more armor.
You should use Abyssal Healing Potion for in-combat healing. Healing potions do not share a cooldown with Healthstones, so you can use both independently if you have access to a Warlock. Abyssal Healing Potion, however, provides more healing than Healthstone, as it only restores 25% of your health.
Best Food for Protection
You should eat Famine Evaluator And Snack Table for the buff to your Strength.
Baked Port Tato is your Haste food buff of choice should a feast not be available.
Augment Runes for Protection
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 14 Jul. 2019: Added new combat potion alternatives.
- 07 Jul. 2019: Added Leviathan's Eye gem to recommendations.
- 26 Jun. 2019: New gems, enchants, potions, and flask have been added for Patch 8.2.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 20 Jan. 2019: Minor rewording of enchants and consumables.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Aug. 2018: Added Quick Navigation enchant recommendation.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- The 15-year WoW Anniversary Event Starts this Week!
- BlizzCon 2019 in 3 Minutes
- Pathfinder Removal for Old Expansions in Shadowlands (Speculation)
- The Mysterious Jailer is the Main Villain in Shadowlands
- MMO-Champion BlizzCon 2019 Interview
- Dying & Corpse Running in the Shadowlands
- MrGM BlizzCon 2019 Interview
- Tier Sets Won't Be Returning in WoW Shadowlands
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Rogue Leveling Guide
- Venthyr Covenant
- Night Fae Covenant
- Necrolord Covenant
- Kyrian Covenant
- Covenants Hub