Survival Hunter DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Hunter enchants and consumables.
Best Gems for Survival Hunter
You should be using one Leviathan's Eye of Agility in a socket, Quick Sand Spinel Haste Gems in all other sockets. If you are well-geared (435+ iLvl or so), use Haste gems in all slots, with no Agility gem at all.
Gouged Eye of N'Zoth can be used to insert sockets into any Patch 8.3 item that does not have one. It is purchased for 25,000 Corrupted Mementos, which are acquired through Horrific Visions. You should use this on items that you plan to use for a long time, and a wide variety of situations.
Best Enchants for Survival Hunter
|Weapon||Enchant Weapon - Quick Navigation|
Consumables for Survival Hunter
Best Flasks and Potions for Survival
Greater Flask of the Currents should be used for raids.
- Your default single-target potion should be Potion of Unbridled Fury.
- For AoE/Mythic+ purposes where you can be in melee, we recommend Potion of Empowered Proximity, as long as there are 4 targets or above.
- For AoE/Mythic+ purposes where you can not be in melee, we recommend Superior Battle Potion of Agility.
Warlock Healthstones and Abyssal Healing Potion should be used when at low health.
Best Food for Survival
You should eat the Haste food called Baked Port Tato at all times.
Augment Runes for Survival
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Starting in patch 8.3 you can also use the re-usable Lightning-Forged Augment Rune to increase your primary stat by an equal amount.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Added information about the Gouged Eye of N'zoth item, which can be used to apply sockets to items in Patch 8.3.
- 13 Jan. 2020: Updated the specifics of the gem/food recommendation. At higher gear levels, it is no longer worth using the Agility gem/feast.
- 25 Oct. 2019: Updated the best food.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Updated the recommended potions and gems.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Updated the recommended gems, food, and potions. Weapon enchants cannot be evaluated yet and there might be updates coming to those in the near future.
- 14 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms and no changes are necessary.
- 11 Jan. 2019: Updated the optimal food to use.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Nov. 2018: Updated potion recommendation.
- 17 Aug. 2018: Added the mention of using an Agility gem.
- 16 Aug. 2018: Updated the optimal healing potion to use.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 22 Jul. 2018: Updated the optimal single-target potion.
- 21 Jul. 2018: Reverted the optimal flask, as the Flask of Falling Leaves was nerfed.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Reverted the optimal gem, as it was nerfed.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Various updates with old-world gems, enchants, and consumables.
- Updated the optimal potion to use.
- Updated the optimal flask to use. Added note about Belt Buckles to the Enchants table.
- Reverted the optimal potion to use, as Blizzard has nerfed the old one.
- Updated the wording on the Healthstones/Healing Potion paragraph to say "and", as you can now use both of them at once.
- Updated the recommended gem to be purely Haste gems, not the Saber's Eye Agility gem as well.
- Removed Belt Buckles as they were hotfixed.
- Jailer Hound Mounts in Shadowlands
- Original WoW Designer on World Buffs and Their Creation/Purpose
- The Man of a Hundred Armor Sets: the Handclaw Interview
- Naked Paladin One-Shotting the Horde
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34490: Class Changes
- Unique Icy Veins Death Knight Armor Set by Handclaw
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34490: New Anima Powers
- Shade Beast Mounts in Shadowlands