Survival Hunter DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Survival Hunter, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Survival Hunter gems and enchants.
Dragonflight Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Survival Hunter
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and flasks to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Survival Hunter, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
Best Dragonflight Gems for Survival Hunter
You should be using one Fierce Illimited Diamond, and then Crafty Ysemerald Haste Gems in all other sockets.
Best Dragonflight Enchants for Survival Hunter
Best Dragonflight Consumables for Survival Hunter
Best Flask and Phial for Survival Hunter
The best Flask is a slightly complicated topic.
- Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage is the best DPS for most scenarios, but will occasionally do hefty damage to you after you have taken enough damage. You need around 60% uptime on the Corrupting Rage buff (the beneficial part) in combat for this to beat other Phials, so check your buff uptimes to make sure you meet this requirement. Otherwise, swap to the Phial below.
- Phial of Tepid Versatility is the best choice when the Iced Phial deals too much damage to be worth it or has too low uptime.
- Phial of Elemental Chaos does similar DPS to Tepid Versatility but does not have the defensive benefits. There really is no reason to ever run this.
- Phial of Static Empowerment and Phial of Charged Isolation are the best on paper but highly dependent on their uptime. You need at least 80% uptime to beat out all other options. This is very rare. You can give it a try for extremely static encounters.
Overall, your best single-target option is Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage as it provides the best DPS in realistic scenarios. Just be aware of the damage penalty and keep some Phial of Tepid Versatility on hand.
Best Potion for Survival Hunter
Your potion should be Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power. Use them with Coordinated Assault!
Warlock Healthstones and Dreamwalker's Healing Potion should be used when at low health.
If you have Alchemy and have developed its trees, you can use Potion of Withering Dreams as well. Even when accounting for the damage taken, with bonuses obtained by Alchemists, it is a net-better heal than the Dreamwalker's Potion!
Best Food for Survival
As of Patch 10.2, it is now ever so slightly better to be using non-Agility food, such as Feisty Fish Sticks/ Revenge, Served Cold/ Aromatic Seafood Platter. This is because the relative value of secondary stats rises quickly as you gain more Agility/Item Level. Like with gems, as long as your Food does not have Mastery, and does not push you past a DR point, it is fine to use.
Or, if you just want something easy that is only ~0.3% worse, go with Deviously Deviled Eggs, or eat from a Feast.
In addition, if you can afford it, you should use Draconic Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 22 May 2023: Updated the recommended Leg Enchant, as it was found that the Lambent Armor Kit does not provide Stamina as it was assumed.
- 12 May 2023: Updated the recommended food and Leg enchant.
- 02 May 2023: Updated the recommended Weapon Rune/Temporary Enchant.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 23 Mar. 2023: Yet another update to the recommended Gemstones based on a slew of hotfixes.
- 23 Mar. 2023: Updated the recommended Gemstones after sim updates, and the discovery of a new, powerful combination.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated the Onyx Annulet Information in light of the March 21st buff.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 04 Jan. 2023: Updated the recommended Phial.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated the recommendation and description of the optimal Flasks/Phials.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)