Survival Hunter DPS Macros and Addons — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Survival Hunter in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our TBC Hunter addons and macros.
Best Macros for Survival Hunter
Generic Macros for Hunters
Mouseover Interrupt and Focus Mouseover
- /use [@focus,exists,nodead]Counter Shot
- /use [@focus,exists,nodead]Muzzle
- /focus [@mouseover,nodead,exists];[@target,exists]
The top macro will interrupt your Focus target if available, or otherwise interrupt your target.
The bottom macro will let you easily Focus target whatever you are holding your mouse over.
Using these two macros together will let you be extremely flexible when it comes to interrupting in Mythic+ and is invaluable for high-end play where missed interrupts are not an option.
Kill Shot Mouseover Macro
- /use [@mouseover,exists,harm]Kill Shot
- /use [@pettarget]Claw
- /use [@pettarget]Bite
- /use [@pettarget]Smack
In hectic AoE scenarios such as Mythic+, it is beneficial to get as many Kill Shots off as possible, but it can be difficult to navigate a ton of nameplates to select a target that is below 20% health. Using this macro, you can simply keep your mouse over the nameplate that is sub-20% health and activate it to fire Kill Shot on that target.
If you do not have an appropriate mouseover target, then it will simply use Kill Shot on your current target.
"AutoMisdirection" Macro (Requires WeakAuras)
This macro is extremely convenient. It will automatically use Misdirection on the group's Tank if there is one. If you are not in a group, it will use it on your Pet instead. You need to install this Auto Tank Misdirect WeakAura. This is required for the macro to do anything.
- #showtooltip [known:Interlope] Interlope; #showtooltip [noknown:Interlope] Misdirection
- /click SmartMisdirect LeftButton 1
- /click SmartMisdirect LeftButton 0
Trap/Flare Cursor Macros
There have recently been added special macro modifiers that allow you to cast traps or other ground-targetable effects in different ways. To make use of these, simply make a macro that says "/use [@???] Tar Trap" for example, where "@???" can be replaced with:
- @cursor to place the trap directly where your mouse is when you hit the bind.
- @player to place the trap directly underneath your character.
- /use [@cursor]Steel Trap
- /use [@cursor]Tar Trap
- /use [@cursor]Freezing Trap
- /use [@cursor]Flare
It is a good idea to include a command to force your pet to switch to your current important target. We recommend tying this line to abilities like Kill Command for Beast Mastery Hunters, Aimed Shot for Marksmanship Hunters, and Kill Command for Survival Hunters, as these are abilities you tend to use on your primary target. For Beast Mastery, it should also be put in a Multi-Shot macro, so that you can use your Multi-Shot button to also manage your pet's target, and thus its position to maximize Beast Cleave benefit.
- #showtooltip Kill Command
- /use Kill Command
- #showtooltip Multi-Shot
- /use Multi-Shot
- #showtooltip Aimed Shot
- /use Aimed Shot
Macros for Survival Hunters
Coordinated Assault Macros
When playing with Coordinated Assault, we want the bonus effect of your Pet's Basic Attack to affect Kill Shot, and not Wildfire Bomb.
To force this behaviour, we use a macro that turns off the autocast on your pet's Basic Attack when you enter Coordinated Assault.
- /cast Coordinated Assault
- /petautocastoff Claw;
- /petautocastoff Bite;
- /petautocastoff Smack;
In addition to this, we use a Kill Shot that manually activates your pet's Basic Attack when you press Kill Shot, thereby guaranteeing the buff:
- #showtooltip kill shot
- /use [@pettarget]Claw
- /use [@pettarget]Bite
- /use [@pettarget]Smack
- /use [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead]Kill Shot
Now, when we leave Coordinated Assault, we want to turn our Basic Attack back on.
- /petautocaston Claw;
- /petautocaston Bite;
- /petautocaston smack;
Finally, we recommend using this WeakAura just to remind you that it is time to put your Basic Attack back on.
Focus Kick Macro
- /cast [@focus,exists,nodead][@mouseover,exists,nodead]  Counter Shot
Both of the Macros will kick/stun your Focus > Mouseover > Target, in that order of priority. We recommend pairing it with the Focus Mouseover macro below, so that you can quickly set a new Focus target by mousing over the target and hitting the macro.
Best WeakAuras for Survival Hunters in Dragonflight
WeakAuras can have a tremendously positive effect on your performance. Since this is a broad topic, we made a page dedicated to it.
Best Addons for Survival Hunter in Dragonflight
Generic Addons for Hunters
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
"Details!" Damage Meter is a real-time DPS/HPS meter with a lot of additional functionality such as being able to see cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, damage done to specific targets, and statistical analysis. In our opinion, it is superior to Skada in terms of functionality, although it is slightly more complicated to configure. We recommend Details! as your default damage meter, but if you prefer something easier, then Skada is still a good option.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Specific Addons for Survival Hunters
Currently, we feel that there is no need for additional addons to play a Survival Hunter to its full potential.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5.
- 13 Jun. 2023: Removed the FoTE Bloodseeker Macro as the bug was fixed and it is no longer needed.
- 25 May 2023: Added a cancelaura Bloodseeker Macro for Fury of the Eagle.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)