How To Improve As Survival Hunter — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, you will find out how you can improve at playing Survival Hunter in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.2. We list the common mistakes that you should try to avoid and the small details that can greatly improve your performance.
Common Survival Hunter Mistakes
Overcapping on Focus
With Kill Command generating a healthy amount of Focus, and Raptor Strike being relatively cheap, it is easy to reach maximum Focus too often. On one hand, you want to never delay Kill Command too much. On the other hand, you do not want to waste the Focus that it generates. You should always use Raptor Strike enough to prevent you from ever capping on Focus, without letting Kill Command be off cooldown for too long. The goal is always to maximize Focus generation and spending.
(Not) Knowing How To Sim Yourself
It is impossible to correctly play and optimize a Survival Hunter without using Raidbots to sim your own character, there are simply too many variables involved to intuitively figure out what gear to wear and so on without simming it first. Generally speaking, a simulation should be the first and final say in the gear you end up wearing for any given situation.
On top of this, simming is now very easy with no need to understand SimulationCraft APLs or installation yourself. All you will need is the in-game SimulationCraft AddOn, and the Raidbots website. Below you can find a video on how to sim your own character using the website.
How To Analyze Your Mistakes as a Survival Hunter
When it comes to identifying and improving your mistakes, we strongly recommend the website WoWAnalyzer — it will analyze your logs and give you a report detailing how you did on the problems above and more.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A Comprehensive Guide to All Legendary Powers and Runecarving in Shadowlands
- Rextroy's Machine Gun Build
- Player Pisses Off Botters By Turning Them Into Zombies, Part Two
- Sylvanas Finally Explains her Motivations in the No More Lies Cinematic
- Shadowlands PvP Vendors Despawned Until Reset
- Three More Shadowlands Cutscenes from the Maw, Ardenweald and Revendreth
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: November 23rd
- World 2nd Overall, First by Questing: Polihanna