Unholy Death Knight DPS Vault of the Incarnates Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Unholy Death Knight for each boss of the following raid: Vault of the Incarnates. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.
Below, you can find class and spec-specific advice for every fight in Vault of the Incarnates. If you are looking for a general overview of the Raid that is not spec-specific, check out our dedicated Vault of the Incarnates guides.
On this page, you will find Unholy Death Knight specific information to deal with each boss in the Vault of the Incarnates raid. These are not complete encounter guides but specific tips for doing the bosses as a Unholy Death Knight.
This page assumes that you already understand most of the mechanics of each encounter. These can be found on the full raid guide, so what is contained here are details specifically tailored toward Unholy Death Knight and how you can deal with each fight as best as possible.
All recommendations are progression-based tips and will not necessarily be the best for an overall DPS ranking.
The build above is your generic single target talent tree. Each boss below will note if it uses this build or a different one and if you should tweak anything. Running the same talent build for every single boss is not optimal.
For pure single target, the primary choice you will make is utility. Anti-Magic Zone is not useful on every boss, making Permafrost and Improved Death Strike better picks in those circumstances. Furthermore, Abomination Limb has specific utility on some fights which is why we sometimes swap to it!
For Eranog, we use the default build to gain as much single target as possible!
- Make sure to use Unholy Blight/ Outbreak to DoT up the adds as soon as possible. Also, use Death and Decay to cleave the adds with Scourge Strike.
- You can use Death Grip and Abomination Limb to help control the small adds that spawn, grouping them up to help your team AoE them down more quickly.
- When the linked adds spawn, make sure to use Outbreak on both the ones your raid will kill ASAP, more efficiently killing them with your DoTs.
For more information, please refer to our Eranog guide.
For this, boss, I suggest you use the default build at the top of this page.
- Use your Anti-Magic Zone when the tank clears the spikes.
- Actively use your Anti-Magic Shell when big hits are incoming. You can also use it to run across ground effects safely.
For more information, please refer to our Terros guide.
The Primal Council
For this boss, I suggest you run a DoT-focused build, picking up Ebon Fever, Superstrain and Plaguebringer. We also use Coldthirst due to the frequent interrupts required.
Each boss must die within a few seconds of the others or risk a complete wipe. You will naturally do more damage to your current target, so be sure to target swap to the highest health boss. Make sure to use your Death and Decay as much as possible with the Scourge Strike cleave on the bosses. The highest priority will be 100% uptime on Virulent Plague and Plaguebringer!
- If you are being put into the kick rotation, pick up Coldthirst!
- Epidemic will be the only Runic Power dump you'll use here. Never use Death Coil.
For more information, please refer to our The Primal Council guide.
Sennarth, the Cold Breath
Even if this boss has a lot of adds I generally recommend focusing on your single target here! We do get nice 2-target cleave with Improved Death Coil which helps a lot!
The big spider is going to be the biggest priority. Make sure to focus on this as soon as it spawns.
- You can use Anti-Magic Shell to run over patches of ice without taking damage.
- Use Death's Advance to immune the grip/push mechanic!
I recommend running a primarily single-target focused build here, but pick up Abomination Limb to help group up the platform adds. Only do this if you actually go to platforms, since some groups end up doing very few of them!
- Use Death Grip and Abomination Limb to group up the adds on the platform.
- Use Death's Advance to negate the pushback. You have to use both charges to last the entire duration here!
- Use Blinding Sleet to help control the platform adds.
For more information, please refer to our Dathea, Ascended guide.
This is a primariy single target encounter (Heroic/Normal) or 2-target encounter (Mythic). I recommend running the normal single target build due to its high priority damage as well as solid 2-target cleave!
- Use Anti-Magic Zone to help reduce the raid-wide AoE damage once the boss reaches high energy.
- Leverage Death and Decay as much as possible whenever there is more than one target.
For more information, please refer to our Kurog Grimtotem guide.
Another add-heavy fight where our disease build can do really well! If you are on add duty, pick disease build. If on boss, go full single target. Another add-heavy fight where our disease build will do well! Still, if your raid has sufficient AoE, it might be better for you to talent into pure single target!
- Single Target — BwPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIikEJiERISECJJJRAAAAAAAAAgSSSICAAIJh0SkkkIJA
- Add focused damage — BwPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAkIJJkISEhIRIkkIRAAAAAAAAAAkIRikkGAAJJFkkkDIJB
- Make sure to use Outbreak and Unholy Blight to DoT up all adds as soon as they spawn (if on add duty).
- Leverage Death and Decay as much as possible on the adds.
- Use Anti-Magic Zone when the staff is active to help mitigate the damage.
- Use Anti-Magic Shell to immune the root application in phase 2.
For more information, please refer to our Broodkeeper Diurna guide.
Raszageth the Storm-Eater
For this boss, I suggest you use the disease-build with focus on single target. This has high boss damage as well as doing well on the adds that spawn in the intermission.
- Use Death's Advance to negate the pushbacks!
- Time your second Army of the Dead and Summon Gargoyle for when the boss takes increased damage during shields!
- On Mythic, use Anti-Magic Shell to immune the healer absorb when going to the blue side in intermission 1.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 12 Apr. 2023: Updated after 10.0.7 buffs.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated builds for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Page added.
More Death Knight Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- New Secret of Azeroth Holiday in Patch 10.1.5
- New Quantum Cosmetics Provide Players with Appearances from the Past
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 7th
- Dragonflight Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 4
- A Preview of Pattie's Cap Mount in Patch 10.1.5
- Micro Menu Artwork Updated in Patch 10.1.5
- Dawn of the Infinite Megadungeon - Split Into 2 Wings in a Future Update
- Upgrade Ranks Added for Mythic Gear in Patch 10.1.5