A List of Things to Do Before Dragonflight
A few rewards will no longer be obtainable (or more difficult to get) in the Dragonflight expansion. The following guide provides a list of things going away with Dragonflight's pre-patch and the expansion, telling you what to focus on before it is too late.
- 1. What is Going Away with Dragonflight Pre-Patch?
- 2. Winds of Wisdom (50% XP Buff)
- 3. What is Going Away with Dragonflight's Launch?
- 4. Restoration Deathwalker Season 4 Mythic+ Mount
- 5. Season 4 Dungeon Teleports
- 6. Back from the Beyond Feat of Strength Shadowlands Meta-Achievement
- 7. Jigglesworth Sr. Fated Raids Mount
What is Going Away with Dragonflight Pre-Patch?
The following section covers rewards that will be removed when the Dragonflight pre-patch launches, presumably on October 25, 2022.
The Dragonflight pre-patch will be live for at least 4 weeks before the expansion launches, which is something to keep in mind if you start working on some of the achievements late.
Winds of Wisdom (50% XP Buff)
Winds of Wisdom has returned on October 4 and will be removed with the Dragonflight pre-patch, presumably on October 25. It increases Experience gains by 50%. If you plan on leveling a new character in preparation for Dragonflight, now is the ideal time to do so.
What is Going Away with Dragonflight's Launch?
Some of the rewards going away when Dragonflight releases on November 28 are Mythic+ Rewards for Season 4, Back from the Beyond and the Veilstrider title, the Jigglesworth, Sr. mount from Fated Raids, the Heroic The Jailer mount, and more.
Restoration Deathwalker Season 4 Mythic+ Mount
Restoration Deathwalker was supposed to go away on October 25, but Blizzard announced it will still be obtainable in the Dragonflight pre-patch. To acquire the mount, you must reach 2,000 Mythic+ Rating before Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 4 ends.
Season 4 Dungeon Teleports
Dungeon teleports to Grimrail Depot, Iron Docks, Operation: Mechagon, Return to Karazhan, and Tazavesh are also going away with the launch of Dragonflight.
If you would like to get them, you must time each of the above-named dungeons at Mythic +20 or higher.
- Keystone Hero: Grimrail Depot — Complete Grimrail Depot at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit to receive Path of the Dark Rail.
- Keystone Hero: Iron Docks — Complete Iron Docks at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit, to receive Path of the Iron Prow.
- Keystone Hero: Operation: Mechagon — Complete Operation: Mechagon - Junkyard and Operation: Mechagon - Workshop at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit, to receive Path of the Scrappy Prince.
- Keystone Hero: Return to Karazhan — Complete Return to Karazhan: Lower and Return to Karazhan: Upper at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit, to receive Path of the Fallen Guardian.
- Keystone Hero: Tazavesh, the Veiled Market — Complete Tazavesh: The Streets of Wonder and Tazavesh: So'leah's Gambit at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit, to get Path of the Streetwise Merchant.
Back from the Beyond Feat of Strength Shadowlands Meta-Achievement
Back from the Beyond, along with the Veilstrider title, will be removed once Dragonflight launches. You still have ample time to get the achievement; most requirements can be completed solo or through the in-game Raid Finder.
Jigglesworth Sr. Fated Raids Mount
The Fates of the Shadowlands Raids achievement, which rewards the slime cat mount Jigglesworth, Sr. will no longer be obtainable. This also affects the Heroic ( Heroic: Fates of the Shadowlands Raids) counterpart and the Hero of Fate title as well as the Mythic version of the achievement ( Mythic: Fates of the Shadowlands Raids) and Shadowlands raid teleports ( Path of the Sire/ Path of the Tormented Soul/ Path of the First Ones).
Carcinized Zerethsteed (Heroic Jailer Mount)
The Jailer drops a quest item called Almanac's Echo on Heroic difficulty and above that starts a quest and rewards Fractal Cypher of the Carcinized Zerethsteed. Assemble a group of at least 10 players to defeat the final boss in the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid located in Zereth Mortis to get the mount before it is permanently removed from the game.
We Are All Made of Stars (Heroic and Mythic Achievements)
The Rygelon achievements that require your raid to kill the boss under the Herald of the Cosmos buff, will no longer be attainable in Dragonflight. However, We Are All Made of Stars (Heroic) and We Are All Made of Stars (Mythic) do not currently reward anything on live servers.
Season 4 Rated PvP Achievements and Rewards
You must win 50 3v3 games at Elite rank to earn the Eternal Gladiator's Soul Eater mount and the Eternal Gladiator title.
The Eternal Flux weapon illusion and Season 4 Elite PvP Armor set are unlocked at 2,100 rating.
Frostbrood Proto-Wyrm Mount
Completing the Death Knight intro questline in Wrath Classic rewards the Frostbrood Proto-Wyrm mount on live servers. The promotion will end with the release of the Dragonflight expansion on November 28, 2022. We have a detailed guide on how to obtain the mount here.
What Will Be Harder to Get After Dragonflight Launches?
Some rewards will be harder to get when Dragonflight releases. The change primarily affects Mythic mounts and their guaranteed drop rate being reduced to 1%. Therefore, you will want to kill the bosses on Mythic difficulty in the pre-patch.
Mythic Raid Mounts
When Dragonflight's pre-patch releases, Sylvanas Windrunner and The Jailer will still drop 2 Mythic mounts instead of just one. However, the guaranteed drop chance will be significantly reduced when the Dragonflight expansion launches and the number of dropped mounts will be reduced to one again.
The mount dropped by Sylvanas Windrunner on Mythic difficulty is called Vengeance's Reins.
Mythic Jailer drops the Fractal Cypher of the Zereth Overseer.
- 16 Oct. 2022: Mythic+ Rewards are staying after Season 4 ends.
- 06 Oct. 2022: Overall guide improvements.
- 02 Oct. 2022: Updated with Frostbrood Proto-Wyrm and XP buff.
- 19 Sep. 2022: Guide added.
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2
- Full Trading Post Rotation for December 2023
- New Returning Items Tab for Trading Post Items in Patch 10.2.5
- Will Sylvanas Return in Patch 10.2.5?
- Night Elf Paladin NPC Spotted in Patch 10.2.5
- New Trading Post Mount in Patch 10.2.5 - Savage Blue Battle Turtle