Death Knight Class Changes for Shadowlands (Patch 9.0.1)
On this page, you will find a list of all Death Knight changes coming in Shadowlands.
- Anti-Magic Zone, Chains of Ice, Death and Decay, Death Coil, Lichborne, and Raise Dead will be available to all Death Knights, regardless of specialization;
- Sacrificial Pact is a new ability available at Level 54, which allows the Death Knight to sacrifice their minion to deal Shadow damage to 8 nearby enemies and heal for 25% of their maximum health;
- Anti-Magic Zone spell damage taken down to 20% (was 60%);
- Obliterate damage up to 120% (from 60%).
You can add five new runes to your weapon through Runeforging in Shadowlands:
- Rune of Hysteria: Affixes your rune weapon with a rune that increases maximum Runic Power by 20 and your attacks have a chance to increase Runic Power generation by 20% for 8 sec.
- Rune of Sanguination: Affixes your rune weapon with a rune that causes your Death Strike to deal increased damage, based on the target's missing health. When you fall below 35% health, you heal for 48% of your maximum health over 8 sec.
- Rune of Spellwarding: Affixes your rune weapon with a rune that deflects 3% of all spell damage and has chance to create a shield that absorbs magic damage equal to 10% of your maximum health. When an enemy damages the shield, their cast speed is reduced by 10% for 6 sec.
- Rune of Apocalypse: Affixes your rune weapon with a rune that gives
your ghoul's attacks a chance to apply one of the following debuffs to the target:
- Death: Reduces healing taken by 1%;
- War: Increases damage taken by 1%;
- Famine: Reduces damage done to the Death Knight by 2%;
- Pestilence: Slows the target by 15% and deals 150 Shadow damage over time.
- Rune of Unending Thirst: Affixes your rune weapon with a rune that grants 10% Haste and movement speed and heals you for 5% of your maximum health when you kill an enemy that yields experience or Honor. Additionally, increases your movement speed while dead by 10%.
Blood Death Knight
- Blood Tap returns as an ability available at Level 58;
- Rune Tap is now an ability rather than a talent.
Blood Death Knight Talent Changes
- Rune Strike (Level 15 talent) removed;
- Tombstone is now a Level 15 talent (up from Level 30);
- Rune Tap is now an ability rather than a talent;
- Relish in Blood is a new Level 30 talent;
- Mark of Blood is now a Level 35 talent (up from Level 45);
- Death Pact is now a Level 45 talent;
- Consumption now strikes up to 8 enemies, healing increased to 150% of damage dealt.
Blood Death Knight Talent Tree
Below is the current talent tree for Blood Death Knights, as of Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34490.
- Level 15 Talents: Heartbreaker / Blooddrinker / Tombstone;
- Level 25 Talents: Rapid Decomposition / Hemostasis / Consumption;
- Level 30 Talents: Foul Bulwark / Ossuary / Relish in Blood;
- Level 35 Talents: Will of the Necropolis / Anti-Magic Barrier / Mark of Blood;
- Level 40 Talents: Grip of the Dead / Tightening Grasp / Wraith Walk;
- Level 45 Talents: Voracious / Death Pact / Bloodworms;
- Level 50 Talents: Purgatory / Red Thirst / Bonestorm.
Frost Death Knight
- Frost Death Knights can again choose between two 1-handed weapons or one 2-handed weapon;
- Frostwyrm's Fury is accessible to all Frost Death Knights. Previously, the ability was a Level 45 talent.
Frost Death Knight Talent Changes
- Hypothermic Presence is a new Level 45 talent that halves the Runic Power cost of abilities for a moderate amount of time;
- Frostscythe now strikes up to 5 enemies.
Frost Death Knight Talent Tree
Below is the current talent tree for Frost Death Knights, as of Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34490.
- Level 15 Talents: Inexorable Assault / Icy Talons / Cold Heart;
- Level 25 Talents: Runic Attenuation / Murderous Efficiency / Horn of Winter;
- Level 30 Talents: Death's Reach / Asphyxiate / Blinding Sleet;
- Level 35 Talents: Avalanche / Frozen Pulse / Frostscythe;
- Level 40 Talents: Permafrost / Wraith Walk / Death Pact;
- Level 45 Talents: Gathering Storm / Hypothermic Presence / Glacial Advance;
- Level 50 Talents: Icecap / Obliteration / Breath of Sindragosa.
Unholy Death Knight
- All Unholy Death Knights can now use Summon Gargoyle (previously a Level 50 talent);
- Mastery: Dreadblade now benefits both master and servant.
Unholy Death Knight Talent Changes
- Magus of the Dead functionality has been baked into Army of the Damned (new Level 50 talent).
Unholy Death Knight Talent Tree
Below is the current talent tree for Unholy Death Knights, as of Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34490.
- Level 15 Talents: Infected Claws / All Will Serve / Clawing Shadows;
- Level 25 Talents: Bursting Sores / Ebon Fever / Unholy Blight;
- Level 30 Talents: Grip of the Dead / Death's Reach / Asphyxiate;
- Level 35 Talents: Pestilent Pustules / Harbinger of Doom / Soul Reaper;
- Level 40 Talents: Spell Eater / Wraith Walk / Death Pact;
- Level 45 Talents: Pestilence / Epidemic / Defile;
- Level 50 Talents: Army of the Damned / Unholy Pact / Unholy Frenzy.
More Patch 9.0.1 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.0.1 class changes linked below.
- 25 May 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34490.
- 08 May 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34278.
- 29 Apr. 2020: Updated spell tag for Cold Heart in talents.
- 28 Apr. 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34137.
- 21 Apr. 2020: Page added.
- Optional Crafting Reagents Update: June 2nd
- World First Mythic +28 Tol'Dagor Cleared in Time
- Dredwing Mounts in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through June 5th
- Specific Vendor Corruptions Prediction Theories
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 1st
- Fist of Justice / Ineffable Truth Hotfix Cancelled
- WoW Weapons Recreated in Monster Hunter: World