Complete Guide to Signature and Covenant Class Abilities in Shadowlands
- A generic ability, available to all members of a Covenant, also known as Covenant Signature ability;
- A Covenant class ability that is unique for each class.
The following guide provides an overview of all Covenant Signature Abilities with links to Covenant class abilities.
Patch 9.0.5 Covenant Ability Changes
Many Covenant Abilities received updates in Patch 9.0.5.
Where Can I Try Out All Covenant Abilities?
Covenant Signature Abilities
Signature abilities are shared between all members of the same Covenant.
Recap of All Covenant Signature Abilities
|Venthyr||Door of Shadows|
Kyrian Covenant Signature Ability
The Kyrian signature ability is called Summon Steward, and you unlock it in Bastion after progressing through the zone's quest line while leveling, and you gain permanent access to it after choosing the Kyrian Covenant at maximum level.
Summon Steward: Call your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity that can be consumed to restore 20% Health and remove all Curse, Disease, Poison, and Bleed effects. Your Steward additionally offers access to a selection of useful amenities for 4 minutes. (Instant, 5-minute cooldown)
You can sell items to your steward, ask him to change your talents (you will get the Time to Reflect buff for one minute), have him play you a song or compliment one of your friends. The steward will also give you Phial of Serenity on every summon. The item will restores 20% Health and removal Curse, Disease, Poison, and Bleed effects from you. It has three charges.
You can learn more about the Kyrian Covenant in our dedicated Kyrian Covenant guide.
Night Fae Covenant Signature Ability
The Night Fae signature ability is called Soulshape, and it is unlocked in Ardenweald after progressing through the zone's quest line, and you can gain permanent access to it after choosing the Night Fae Covenant at maximum level.
Soulshape: Turn into a Vulpin, instantly teleporting 15 yards forward and increasing your movement speed by 50%, putting Flicker on a 4-second cooldown. You may reactivate Soulshape every few seconds to teleport again. Lasts 12 seconds, or indefinitely while in a rest area. (Instant, 1.5-minute cooldown).
Alternatively, the ability can transform you into a Wyvern, a Hippogryph, a Wolfhawk, a Feathered Drake, a Crane, a Teroclaw, a Unicorn, and a Runestag.
You can learn more about the Night Fae Covenant in our dedicated Night Fae Covenant Guide.
Necrolord Covenant Signature Ability
The Necrolord signature ability is called Fleshcraft, and it is unlocked in Maldraxxus after progressing through the zone's quest line, and you can permanently access it at maximum level after choosing the Necrolord Covenant.
Fleshcraft: Form a shield of flesh and bone over 3 seconds that absorbs damage equal to 40% of your maximum health for 2 minutes. While channeling, your damage taken is reduced by 20%. Passive effect: Moving near an enemy's corpse consumes their essence to reduce Fleshcraft's cooldown by 1 second. (3-second cast, 10-yard range, 2-minute cooldown)
You can learn more about the Necrolord Covenant in our dedicated Necrolord Covenant Guide linked below.
Venthyr Covenant Signature Ability
The Venthyr signature ability is called Door of Shadows, and it is unlocked in Revendreth after progressing through the zone's quest line, and you can permanently unlock it if you decide to go for the Venthyr Covenant at maximum level.
Door of Shadows: Wend through the shadows, appearing at the targeted location (1.5 second cast, 35-yard range, 60-second cooldown)
You can learn more about the Venthyr Covenant in our dedicated Venthyr Covenant Guide.
Covenant Class Abilities
In addition to signature abilities, each Covenant also grants your character class-specific Covenant abilities that are different for each class and you can find more details about them on the individual pages linked below.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 launch.
- 07 Dec. 2020: Updated Flicker.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 16 Sep. 2020: Summon Steward updated.
- 06 Sep. 2020: Updated for the latest Beta Build 35755.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Soulshape buffs added.
- 15 Jun. 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 35078.
- 26 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34902.
- 20 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34821.
- 17 May 2020: Page added.
- The Lowest Mythic Wipe in WoW History?
- Patch 9.1 Raid Testing Schedule: April 22nd
- The Reddit Singularity: Deathwing As Both Mount and Player Housing
- Fire Mage in Patch 9.1: An Initial PTR Spec Overview
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- Torghast, Sanctum of Domination Loot Item Level
- When Will Daisy the Sloth Become Available?
- New Text-to-Speech Accessibility Option Coming in Patch 9.1